Setlist? SPOILER SPOILER

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jun 17 2010, 09:05 AM)
I don't see what people are talking about, when they say that 2112 won't work in daylight. There are no sophisticated special lighting effects (lasers) that couldn't be adapted to work in daylight. The only thing, is that you would be able to see them standing there, waiting to play. A problem, solved, by having them walk onto stage at the last possible moment, like it is, with every other opening song on every other daylight Rush show.

The lighting effects that are used, would still work (less effectively, admittedly) in daylight, with use of smoke. Or they could try something completely different.

Yeah but it's WAAAAY better in the dark you know?

2112, with that awesome space sound at the start of the overture is much better at night. I think during R30 they also showed projections of different planets didn't they? That part wouldn't work during the day.

Of course maybe they're planning on playing the Soliloquy section of 2112 instead, in which case that'd work during the day.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the setlist again I just have to say (again) that if this is the real thing, this is the best setlist they've ever done.

I don't see what people are talking about, when they say that 2112 won't work in daylight. There are no sophisticated special lighting effects (lasers) that couldn't be adapted to work in daylight. The only thing, is that you would be able to see them standing there, waiting to play. A problem, solved, by having them walk onto stage at the last possible moment, like it is, with every other opening song on every other daylight Rush show.

The lighting effects that are used, would still work (less effectively, admittedly) in daylight, with use of smoke. Or they could try something completely different.

I never thought about this - them running onto stage at the very last minute.

Last tour, when they opened with Limelight right after the movie intro, Alex played the first few notes of the song and sustained it, which got the crowd fired up, all the while you see Geddy and Neil running onto the stage in the dark. Some people have said over the years that this was unintentional and Geddy and Neil weren't ready and Alex didn't know they weren't out yet, especially since I lookked at videos of other shows and just saw them open the song regularly

BUT.... I thought it was SOOO COOL!!!!! applaudit.gif

Edited by Hemispheres89

When I went to Utah for the 07 show it was bright daylight. I didn't actually see the video at the beginning until I was back home and saw it at Red Rocks.

Point is, I just don't see that as being a big problem.

We are getting so close to knowing....I keep saying I will not look....and I won't.

But if this ends up being the setlist or anything remotly close to this list long time hard cores need to STFU forever.

This setlist would be amazing. And I love the idea of MP ending the first set and starting the second set. It makes so much sense to have the city noise during the intermission and then the keyboard walk up introduction....man I can already hear it now.

Rush is back!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see what people are talking about, when they say that 2112 won't work in daylight. There are no sophisticated special lighting effects (lasers) that couldn't be adapted to work in daylight.

Egg Zakk Lee . I don't get it myself. I saw Floyd in the early 90's ata Football stadium and they came on when it was light. You saw everything

Looking at this list.....I get such a friggin woody at the thought of hearing the:

Broons Bane/The Trees/Xanadu suite again in that order.

How epic that will be!!!!

Ok I want this to be the set list. And if it is....I don't care if I am spoiled now because I am so pumped for this tour. This is a hardcores dream.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 17 2010, 11:04 AM)
Last tour, when they opened with Limelight right after the movie intro, Alex played the first few notes of the song and sustained it, which got the crowd fired up, all the while you see Geddy and Neil running onto the stage in the dark.  Some people have said over the years that this was unintentional and Geddy and Neil weren't ready and Alex didn't know they weren't out yet, especially since I lookked at videos of other shows and just saw them open the song regularly

BUT.... I thought it was SOOO COOL!!!!!    applaudit.gif

This was their attempt at a little humor on the first leg of S&A. The joke was 'sposed to be that Geddy was late getting onstage because he was eating chicken (as he was in the pre-show video). Unless you were in the first 20 rows or so, you couldn't see that when he came running out, he was tearing off a large, white bib smeared with sauce - and there in lied the problem. Because most of the audience couldn't see what Geddy was actually doing, they thought that it was a mistake and that Alex started too early. It was pretty cool if you "got it", though.

Needless to say, they nixed that intro on the second leg.

I knew it was a joke, I just didn't know about the bib. I also wasn't anywhere near the first 20 rows at either show in 2007, and I was so caught up in the show that I wasn't paying attention to that kind of stuff. Now that you mention it, it makes sense.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 21 2010, 10:01 PM)
I knew it was a joke, I just didn't know about the bib. I also wasn't anywhere near the first 20 rows at either show in 2007, and I was so caught up in the show that I wasn't paying attention to that kind of stuff. Now that you mention it, it makes sense.

Kudos to that, I was sitting up in the middle of bumf**k Idaho in the second level seating, looking straight DOWN at the stage... there was no way I could see a bib, especially with Geddy running the OPPOSITE way in the dark.. lol.

But still, I wasn't even really paying attention to the movie, I actually thought it was quite lame. But now, I think it's funny because I know that it's Rush's personality, and every band is different new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 21 2010, 10:33 PM)
Only eight more days till we find out what the real setlist is

I'm tired of waiting...

I wish we had a "time machine" to transport us to the 29th laugh.gif

Get it!? "Time Machine"?! Because the tour is called "TIME MACHINE"!

GET IT!!!?

AHAHAHA AHA! HAHA! AHA!

...I kill myself sometimes tongue.gif

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 21 2010, 10:45 PM)

I'm tired of waiting...

GET IT!!!?

AHAHAHA AHA! HAHA! AHA!

I suspect there may some "real" setlist leaks near the end of the week.

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 21 2010, 10:45 PM)

I'm tired of waiting...

GET IT!!!?

AHAHAHA AHA! HAHA! AHA!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

The Spirit Of Radio

The Analog Kid

Time Stand Still

Freewill

The Main Monkey Business

Caravan

BU2B

Workin' Them Angels

A Farewell To Kings

Jacob's Ladder

Marathon

---------------------

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta

YYZ

Limelight

The Camera Eye

Witch Hunt

Vital Signs

Subdivisions

MalNar

Drum Solo

Hope

2112 Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx/Grand Finale

----------------------

Far Cry

Bastille Day

Closer To The Heart

QUOTE (Joshua @ Jun 28 2010, 06:03 AM)
The Spirit Of Radio
The Analog Kid
Time Stand Still
Freewill
The Main Monkey Business
Caravan
BU2B
Workin' Them Angels
A Farewell To Kings
Jacob's Ladder
Marathon
---------------------
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs
Subdivisions
MalNar
Drum Solo
Hope
----------------------
Far Cry
Bastille Day
Closer To The Heart

Is that it? It seems extremely realistic

The Spirit Of Radio
The Analog Kid
Time Stand Still
Freewill
The Main Monkey Business
Caravan
BU2B
Workin' Them Angels
A Farewell To Kings
Jacob's Ladder
Marathon
---------------------
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs
Subdivisions
MalNar
Drum Solo
Hope
----------------------
Far Cry
Bastille Day
Closer To The Heart

All seems possible except for ending the first set with Marathon. AFTK, JL, and then Marathon? seems anti-climactic.

The Spirit Of Radio
The Analog Kid
Time Stand Still
Freewill
The Main Monkey Business
Caravan
BU2B
Workin' Them Angels
A Farewell To Kings
Jacob's Ladder
Marathon
---------------------
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs
Subdivisions
MalNar
Drum Solo
Hope
----------------------
Far Cry
Bastille Day
Closer To The Heart

I like this set list except for the Monkey Business. Was hoping to see Driven make the cut, but no one has confirmed this list.

I thought Geddy mentioned they tried AFTK when determining a setlist for S&A and he couldn't do it. I also don't see, Stick it Out in that set. And, as stated, CTTH as the closer? Edited by bigalfan

The Spirit Of Radio
The Analog Kid
Time Stand Still
Freewill
The Main Monkey Business
Caravan
BU2B
Workin' Them Angels
A Farewell To Kings
Jacob's Ladder
Marathon
---------------------
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs
Subdivisions
MalNar
Drum Solo
Hope
----------------------
Far Cry
Bastille Day
Closer To The Heart

Looks pretty believable, but no Stick it Out or any CP representation which is kind of weird they'd go 2 tours without anything from that album isn't it?

There's also no "Entre-Nous" types of super surprises never played before, and nothing off GUP at all.

This set also seems kind of short too. It can't be 3 hours can it?