Setlist? SPOILER SPOILER

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I remember in an interview around the Rush In Rio time period where Geddy said he had medical problems with his hands and they wouldn't be able to play "Driven" anymore. Am I hallucinating or did he actually say that? confused13.gif

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Jun 7 2010, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE (Joshua @ Jun 7 2010, 09:39 PM)
Far Cry
The Analog Kid
Time Stand Still
The Pass
Driven
Caravan
BU2B
Vapor Trails
A Farewell To Kings
Jacob's Ladder
Marathon
---------------------
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs
Subdivisions
Leave That Thing Alone
Drum Solo
Bastille Day
2112 Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx/Grand Finale
----------------------
The Spirit Of Radio
Freewill
Closer To The Heart

Probably the most realistic one so far. A little too many obvious choices, but still damn good. Marathon and Time Stands Still are essential for this tour!

Far Cry as the opener would kill it...and makes a ton of sense at least to me.

Yeah I would take that setlist all day. Only thing missing is a Grace Under Pressure song.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 8 2010, 02:29 PM)
QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Jun 7 2010, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE (Joshua @ Jun 7 2010, 09:39 PM)
Far Cry
The Analog Kid
Time Stand Still
The Pass
Driven
Caravan
BU2B
Vapor Trails
A Farewell To Kings
Jacob's Ladder
Marathon
---------------------
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs
Subdivisions
Leave That Thing Alone
Drum Solo
Bastille Day
2112 Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx/Grand Finale
----------------------
The Spirit Of Radio
Freewill
Closer To The Heart

Probably the most realistic one so far. A little too many obvious choices, but still damn good. Marathon and Time Stands Still are essential for this tour!

Far Cry as the opener would kill it...and makes a ton of sense at least to me.

Yeah I would take that setlist all day. Only thing missing is a Grace Under Pressure song.

Yeah, I've been crafting realistic fantasy Rush setlists since I was a young lad. It's a geeky pastime I indulge in every so often as a Rush fan. Only here am I comfortable sharing... wub.gif

The absence of a GUP song is grievious I know, but other albums need representation....

Just one song from Power Windows?? That's a crime in my selfish universe....

popcorn.gif

QUOTE (wrekinboy @ Jun 8 2010, 11:48 AM)
QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 5 2010, 07:52 PM)
QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ May 29 2010, 12:58 PM)
Dude, GrandDesigns was referring to Neil's blog on his page that says "we RESURRECTED some songs we havent played in 10 years, 20 years, or ever." (of course this isnt word for word as Im too lazy to find it, but I think most on here can vouch for me that its very close to the actual quote)
That means OLD material never played before. Not new.

Wouldn't it be funny if Caravan was an old song they wrote but never released before now?

In that case it'd fit as an old song resurrected, but never played live before.

Hmmmm..

Has Dog Years ever been played live?

Nope, the only shot of that one getting played would've been during the T4E tour, before the internet really took off and spread the word about how terrible Dog Years really is. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushlady2112 @ Jun 13 2010, 06:52 PM)
No Natural Science???
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That's not TOO bad. After all they've played it the last 4 tours in a row I think.

You don't want to get burnt out on it like RTB, TS, or Dreamline do ya?

One major problem with your setlist, When they did the entire side of 2112 back in 97 I think, they did the whole side without a break and I can't see them splitting up MP into two sets.

Also, I see them doing Caravan and BU2B together as twins.

QUOTE (briremo @ Jun 13 2010, 09:39 PM)
One major problem with your setlist, When they did the entire side of 2112 back in 97 I think, they did the whole side without a break and I can't see them splitting up MP into two sets.

Also, I see them doing Caravan and BU2B together as twins.

I could see them splitting it, but I do agree on Caravan and BU2B.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 13 2010, 08:39 PM)
No Natural Science???
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That's not TOO bad. After all they've played it the last 4 tours in a row I think.

Is it possible to get burnt out on NS? no.gif I could hear that song twice per concert in every remaining tour left in them.

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Jun 14 2010, 08:17 AM)
No Natural Science???
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Is it possible to get burnt out on NS? no.gif I could hear that song twice per concert in every remaining tour left in them.

Probably not but I'm sure they said the same thing with Tom Sawyer and Spirit of the Radio too. Are they awesome songs? Hells yes!

Would 99% of the people who come to this message board rather hear something else in those songs' setlist slots?

Really the only classic songs that they play every or almost every tour I can't ever get sick of still are Closer to the Heart, Subdivisions, and Freewill.

No Natural Science???
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I love NS, but if it means getting JL this time around then..... yes.gif

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 14 2010, 10:34 AM)
No Natural Science???
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I love NS, but if it means getting JL this time around then..... yes.gif

trink39.gif I concur....but why not BOTH!!??? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushthroughtime @ Jun 14 2010, 08:35 PM)
So where are we? What's the story on the setlist rumours? confused13.gif

I think rumors is the only place we are at. Those that say they know won't talk. And then you have those that post setlists that are obviously fake.

We will know in 13 days for sure.

When I keep analyzing the OP's original setlist, it keeps looking more and more realistic. The song's blend in nicely together and it doesn't seem far-fetched at all.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 16 2010, 10:06 PM)
When I keep analyzing the OP's original setlist, it keeps looking more and more realistic. The song's blend in nicely together and it doesn't seem far-fetched at all.

Me too. Out of all the songs that they could play for a "Time Machine Tour" these songs make some of the best sense. I've said it before and I'll say it again - the way in which the OP created a thread and just "came out with it", it just seems highly unlikely to me that he'd lie.

In fact, the only thing that makes me retract these feelings whatsoever, is the whole "2112 in daylight" ordeal, but that's not based on personal opinion; it's based on how other people feel, so it makes me change my mind.

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 16 2010, 10:18 PM)

In fact, the only thing that makes me retract these feelings whatsoever, is the whole "2112 in daylight" ordeal, but that's not based on personal opinion; it's based on how other people feel, so it makes me change my mind.

What is the actual percentage of shows being played outdoors, as opposed to indoor venues?

I don't see what people are talking about, when they say that 2112 won't work in daylight. There are no sophisticated special lighting effects (lasers) that couldn't be adapted to work in daylight. The only thing, is that you would be able to see them standing there, waiting to play. A problem, solved, by having them walk onto stage at the last possible moment, like it is, with every other opening song on every other daylight Rush show.

The lighting effects that are used, would still work (less effectively, admittedly) in daylight, with use of smoke. Or they could try something completely different.