RUSH In Buffalo?

snowdog212

QUOTE (upstateNYfan @ May 19 2010, 08:19 PM)
Where did you hear this?

I worked out at DL as a usher and long story short certain management out there didn't want Rush because of what they said was poor attendance the July 4th date they played a few years ago.It was 4th of July and rainy but it was still a good crowd.However if the place doesn't have at least 12,000 people attending they dont make much money on it. Thats what they say But they would rather book country acts which have the most arrest and highest beer sales no matter the size of the crowd.Its all about the money unfortunately Bottom line what I hear is Live Nation will make the venue take the concert .Not a done deal yet but they have some wiggle room between the Syracuse date and the 14th of Sept.

Edited by snowdog212

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ May 19 2010, 10:36 PM)
QUOTE (upstateNYfan @ May 19 2010, 08:19 PM)
Where did you hear this?

I worked out at DL as a usher and long story short certain management out there didn't want Rush because of what they said was poor attendance the July 4th date they played a few years ago.It was 4th of July and rainy but it was still a good crowd.However if the place doesn't have at least 12,000 people attending they dont make much money on it. Thats what they say But they would rather book country acts which have the most arrest and highest beer sales no matter the size of the crowd.Its all about the money unfortunately Bottom line what I hear is Live Nation will make the venue take the concert .Not a done deal yet but they have some wiggle room between the Syracuse date and the 14th of Sept.

omg I've already spent $300 on tickets but DL is close to me too!

I was at that 7/4 show a few years back and honestly... it was the least enjoyable of all the Rush shows I've seen. I am not crazy about the venue by any means. The front row is light years back -- and down from the stage. There are poles that could be in your way at any time. The lawn is tiny and sound not so great.

I know you work there, dude, but I gotta be honest. Still, if I could work it in, I'd go probably. I am seeing Christina Aguilera there in July (::dodges flames:smile.gif because I have yet to see her live and this was the only route I could go.

I know about the security I worked for them at Bills games.

They can be assholes at what they are doing but I sat in on 1 or 2 conference calls for concerts and the management of the band that is playing first thing they say keep the aisle clear and crowd under control.Artist see clogged isles and think the security has no control.And the after concert calls and its all about what the security did or didn't do.Management for the bands can be real a holes too.As for iluvgeddy05 going to see Christina Aguilera in July could be worse but not by much enjoy! Thats why I love music there is such a variety of it!

i love darien lake and the buffalo area. my last buff show was R30 at darien.

the july 4th date was just a stupid idea. who the hell thought that one up? none of my friends in Buff went due to the date.

With Limp Bizkit and now Christina Aguilera both canceled.

A little bit better of a chance to pull Rush in.They try to get a certain number of shows for the yr usually. So we shall see

Edited by snowdog212

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ May 20 2010, 05:45 PM)
  There are poles that could be in your way at any time. 

The poles move around? That must be awful! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ May 25 2010, 08:26 AM)
Christina Aguilera both canceled

F*CK! I was going to go to that sad.gif

She was one of the performers/singers I wanted to see live at some point and this was my chance.. oh well. Had friends coming to visit too! sad.gif

Guess if Rush shows, gives me a dollar for that..

I've not been to a show at DL since the late 80's - it's one of those hillside ampitheatre places right?? The alcohol intake back in those days makes it hard to remember what the place was even like.. it's an easy drive from Pittsburgh through.. would make a great second show for me.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ May 25 2010, 10:23 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ May 25 2010, 09:02 PM)
hilda

Where!!

She lives in Buffalo. That's hilda's home show.

QUOTE (tick @ May 25 2010, 10:32 PM)
hilda

Where!!

cool10.gif

QUOTE (tick @ May 25 2010, 09:32 PM)
hilda

Where!!

Oooooooooooo

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ May 26 2010, 06:17 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ May 25 2010, 09:32 PM)
hilda

Where!!

Oooooooooooo

It's mine as well, folks. I'd love to have my first 2.gif show be right in my backyard...though I'd much rather see them play The Arena. They haven't set foot in there since T4E.

Ah, western New York concerts at the outside venues...You know it's summer when they're rocking at Weedsport! Silver Stadium anyone? Can I buy a beer?/Do you have ID?/No, but I have a note from my mom saying it's ok/Here's your beer son...don't rock to hard or you may spill it.

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ May 21 2010, 07:47 AM)
Ya and their security are a bunch of D**Ks too!!!!!!!!

Still, they play Buffalo, I will go!!!!!!!!

My sentiments exactly.

Also the way everyone is "corralled" into the seating area through little gates, like a bunch of sheep, is rediculous.

Also the laser light show at the other end of the park can be seen and sometimes heard if your on the lawn.

Its a cheesy half assed venue IMO.

They just redid the Amphitheater in Canandaigua, NY which is south of Rochester. They should totally play that place. It's near the figerlakes, and is just way better place to see a band like Rush.

QUOTE (red sector animal @ May 30 2010, 07:34 AM)
QUOTE (Rushgirl @ May 21 2010, 07:47 AM)
Ya and their security are a bunch of D**Ks too!!!!!!!!

Still, they play Buffalo, I will go!!!!!!!!

My sentiments exactly.

Also the way everyone is "corralled" into the seating area through little gates, like a bunch of sheep, is rediculous.

Also the laser light show at the other end of the park can be seen and sometimes heard if your on the lawn.

Its a cheesy half assed venue IMO.

They just redid the Amphitheater in Canandaigua, NY which is south of Rochester. They should totally play that place. It's near the figerlakes, and is just way better place to see a band like Rush.

I like Darien Lake myself. Lots of good times there.

I have seen several shows at Artpark too, which is one hell of a nice venue IMO.

I still say they should play HSBC Arena again, if they're going to play the actual Buffalo area. It's a great venue, quite a good number of seats (18, 690...probably closer to 18,800 for concerts). I was at the Metallica, Bruce Springsteen and Elton John/Billy Joel concerts when they were here. The acoustics are amazing, and it's not like there's bad seats either.

Bumped into my friend today little news. As far as he knows a deal is still being worked out Looking at a Sept date. Problem is, they do not want to book Rush for the Labor Day weekend thinking ticket sales would not be as strong and would be like the 4th of July show.He said if he hears anything definite in the next few weeks he will e-mail me any info he can.

Me personally would not be surprised if it becomes a non Live Nation event and they play the HSBC Arena

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Jun 16 2010, 08:28 PM)
Bumped into my friend today little news. As far as he knows a deal is still being worked out Looking at a Sept date. Problem is, they do not want to book Rush for the Labor Day weekend thinking ticket sales would not be as strong and would be like the 4th of July show.He said if he hears anything definite in the next few weeks he will e-mail me any info he can.
Me personally would not be surprised if it becomes a non Live Nation event and they play the HSBC Arena

I would have the biggest field day of my life if that happened.