VIP Package email?

Echoes

To anyone here who went for the VIP package, did you receive your email yet regarding the merchandise? I was told the email should arrive around May 11th and it's already a week past that estimate. unsure.gif

QUOTE (FootballYouBet @ May 17 2010, 09:46 PM)
I got the VIP package too, and my ticket confirmation email said that I would get an email "roughly 21 days" later about the Merch. That email was dated April 27th which is exactly 21 days ago. I'll wait a week or so before I'll start to worry.

no.gif start worrying now

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 17 2010, 09:54 PM)
QUOTE (FootballYouBet @ May 17 2010, 09:46 PM)
I got the VIP package too, and my ticket confirmation email said that I would get an email "roughly 21 days" later about the Merch. That email was dated April 27th which is exactly 21 days ago. I'll wait a week or so before I'll start to worry.

no.gif start worrying now

It's Ticketmaster. I wouldn't start wigging out yet.

I haven't heard anything. Besides that I'm rather curious about how they are getting all this stuff to The Netherlands. Hope they won't charge me foor $100,-- for post 'n' packaging. $325,-- should be enough I think, even when they heve the costs of an extra stamp!!

Just got a response from Ticketmaster about the T.O. show on July 13th.

Thank you for your e-mail. Unfortunately there was a delay in sending the codes but you should receive them within the next two weeks. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for using Ticketmaster where we really appreciate your business. Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Still waiting . . .

And I'm too old fashioned to be confortable with this "pick up the tickets at the box office" thing they're doing this year at Mohegan Sun and Boston TDGarden. Don't like it!!!!

NOPE!!!!!

I want the tickets in my hand - - NOT stuck in my printer - - NOT hiding behind some counter - - IN MY HAND!

confused13.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ May 22 2010, 04:04 PM)
Still waiting . . .

And I'm too old fashioned to be confortable with this "pick up the tickets at the box office" thing they're doing this year at Mohegan Sun and Boston TDGarden. Don't like it!!!!

NOPE!!!!!

I want the tickets in my hand - - NOT stuck in my printer - - NOT hiding behind some counter - - IN MY HAND!

confused13.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

I hear ya... and I'm old fashioned too, but I have had a few Will Call experiences and (knocking wood) no problems. I bought tickets for another show this summer, and used a third party broker (pronounced 'scalper') and have no idea when I'll get those. That's the one that makes me nervous.

Actually, other than the ticket stub being cheezy, my favorite method has become the "print your own ticket" method. Here's why... it's still a real ticket and gets me in... BUT... if something happens, like I lose it or the dog chews it or something - I can print it again!

Be sure to take a printed receipt of your ticket order with you to the show (I think that's a requirement anyway) so that in the rare chance there is a problem, you have some proof. The box office folks should have a hotline to TM for those problems.

How does this e-mail start ?

Dear Sucker

Thank you for spending your car payment on a single ticket to see 2.gif We are glad we could help . When your car gets towed in the middle of the night because you can not afford to send in your payment and you can't get your kids to school , fear not. You will be seeing 2.gif Please note

Your Time Machine t-shirt will shrink after 2 washings

Your 2.gif Guitar pick set is really leftovers from the R-30 deluxe edition

You laminate does absolutely nothing once inside the venue

Your copy of the 2.gif movie will arrive 1 to 2 weeks After it is in stores

Thank you for the $20 "Convenance Charge" we slap on your ass when you pretty much do All the work. Anytime you want to be fu*ked without getting kissed , just call on us

Love

Ticketmaster

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 26 2010, 02:20 PM)
Dear Sucker
Thank you for spending your car payment on a single ticket to see 2.gif We are glad we could help . When your car gets towed in the middle of the night because you can not afford to send in your payment and you can't get your kids to school , fear not. You will be seeing 2.gif Please note

Thank you for the $20 "Convenance Charge" we slap on your ass when you pretty much do All the work. Anytime you want to be fu*ked without getting kissed , just call on us

Love
Ticketmaster

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

Car payment? whats that?? CAsh for everything, including the tix....I'm no longer putting $$ in the pockets of financers....(mortgage excluded for a couple more years anyway laugh.gif )

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ May 22 2010, 05:04 PM)
Still waiting . . .

NOPE!!!!!

confused13.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

You and me both.

See, I bought one VIP package for myself and a regular old ticket for my husband. (With his entire permission - he knows how much this means to me. And I did score him a great 15th row seat, so he's happy). So I suppose if worst comes to worst, I leave him stranded and ticketless and take the 15th row seat instead of my 3rd row orch (which should be at the box office). Hey, all's fair in love & war, right? tongue.gif

The thing is, he'd gladly hand over his ticket if something like that happened. That's why we're married. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 26 2010, 01:20 PM)
Dear Sucker
Thank you for spending your car payment on a single ticket to see 2.gif  We are glad we could help . When your car gets towed in the middle of the night because you can not afford to send in your payment and you can't get your kids to school , fear not. You will be seeing  2.gif  Please note
Your  2.gif  Guitar pick set is really leftovers from the R-30 deluxe edition
Your copy of the  2.gif movie will arrive 1 to 2 weeks After it is in stores

Thank you for the $20 "Convenance Charge" we slap on your ass when you pretty much do All the work.  Anytime you want to be fu*ked without getting kissed , just call on us

Love
Ticketmaster

-__________________-;

It was my graduation gift 1287.gif

QUOTE (yyz98 @ May 26 2010, 07:18 PM)
Car payment? whats that?? CAsh for everything, including the tix....I'm no longer putting $$ in the pockets of financers....(mortgage excluded for a couple more years anyway laugh.gif )

I know, wrong place for this... and no flamming intended toward the OP... but not everyone in our society can pay cash for all their expenses, and so they opt to use financial tools such as revolving credit, fixed payment loans (car, etc.). These are tools that be both used and abused.

We take some drugs because it's fun and we're reckless and what the heck... then pretty soon we're addicted and have no self control over it (pronounced will power), so it becomes society's problem and they get to foot the bill for our rehab.

We buy a house we cannot afford using a mortgage with terms that only a fool would agree to (oh, but that's right... we don't read those do we?). The bank had the money and was willing to give you hundreds of thousands of dollars with 30 years to repay. And those bastards actually wanted to make a profit from that? Outrageous!!

Yes, there was plenty of greed to go around... the banks, the brokers, the agents, the builders... and yes the government who practically forced lenders to create the exotic (pronounced toxic) products so that "everyone" could have a McMansion. But in the end, you sign your name - and if you don't know or understand what you're signing and whether you can afford it, then shame on you. Society should not have to cover your debt.

Our new culture is one where no one is responsible for any misfortune that befalls them, be it accidental, tragic, or self-inflicted. Last time I shopped, no one held a gun to my head and made me use a credit card instead of cash.

Sorry... I'll get back on my meds now....

/rant

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 26 2010, 07:20 PM)
Dear Sucker

Love
Ticketmaster

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

I called them once, the sweetheart on the phone was so sweet that my enamel exploded from my teeth.

But in the end (rear?), it's better to get f****d by a sweetheart isn't it??

Now that it has been five or six weeks since the first round of VIP tickets went on sale. And the release of the new singles have come and gone (getting a copy of the singles was part of the VIP package deal). Has anyone gotten any information from Ticketmaster?

I've heard from them, but it's only been e-mails trying to entice me into buying tix for other shit. Not Rush-related. It sort of pisses me off, because I can't throw them in the spam folder until I get my ticket/swag information.

Some of the folks who bought from Music Today have received notification that their t-shirts are being shipped.

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 26 2010, 01:20 PM)
Dear Sucker

Love
Ticketmaster

BEST. POST. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

Bought VIP for July 13 show on April 20 I think it was, nothing yet. And I am somewhat peeved that the songs have been released and I still don't have mine from the VIP package. Don't get me wrong, that's not the main reason why I bought the VIP but it would have been a nice perk to have received the songs by now.