Time Machine or The Wall

losingit2k

Which will be the more memorable tour!  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which will be the more memorable tour!

• Rush - Time Machine Tour
    • Roger Waters - The Wall Live

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since none of the tours have Started.............. fing.gif

No contest, step into the TIME MACHINE!!! I like Dark Side, Animals and WYWE, but the Wall is dreadful, self-indulgent and depressing-PASS. (im already ducking from the flamers!) Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 12 2010, 04:28 PM)
No contest, step into the TIME MACHINE!!! I like Dark Side, Animals and WYWE, but the Wall is dreadful, self-indulgent and depressing-PASS. (im already ducking from the flamers!)

It's scary how many times I seem to agree with you. I would edit your post to include Meddle. I won't go as far as to say The Wall is dreadful, but it I don't listen to it.

Roger Waters and David Gilmour maybe...unfortunately, Rick Wright would not be able to be part. I like my Floyd as one and pre-72.

Since i'm the only one who voted for The Wall so far, i'll give you my reason. The Wall is one of the greatest albums. Rush is better than Pink Floyd, but the Time Machine tour will be like the last 3 tours hopefully more older and rarities will be played, but the stage and light show will be the same. The Wall will be completly different from anything we have ever seen.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ May 12 2010, 05:52 PM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 12 2010, 04:28 PM)
No contest, step into the TIME MACHINE!!!  I like Dark Side, Animals and WYWE,  but the Wall is dreadful, self-indulgent and depressing-PASS. (im already ducking from the flamers!)

It's scary how many times I seem to agree with you. I would edit your post to include Meddle. I won't go as far as to say The Wall is dreadful, but it I don't listen to it.

Ha - yes we have some good taste in the greater DC-VA area! trink39.gif Yes add Meddle, another great one...

Pink Floyd is awesome and The Wall is epic. But no Gilmour, no Wright, probably not even Mason. Roger Waters is not Pink Floyd. It would be like seeing RUSH with Phil Collins on drums, it just doesn't work. I'd rather see Roger perform The Pros and Cons of Hitch-hiking with Clapton than Roger's Wall.

I asked my son (14) which he would prefer if he had to choose between the two. After a long discussion, weighing the Pros and Cons (pun intended), we decided on RUSH (for now). They both have obvious high points. Both have an entire LP being performed. Both are, in my opinion, incredible works. The RUSH concert will have other songs, new and old. The Wall will be... The Wall. Floyd and RUSH are my two favorites. If it were PINK FLOYD w/Waters, not just Waters, I have to say that it would be an automatic no contest in favor of The Wall. The Floyd vs. RUSH thing has always been a tough call. RUSH cannot do certain songs anymore and that we understand. Waters DOES and DOES use sampling and pre-recorded vocals. I cannot see Roger pulling it off "LIVE" vocally for that many shows. Plus, as some already stated, it ain't FLOYD. As far as the musicianship and individual performance(s), RUSH, in my opinion are hands down the best and flat-out untouchable. MONEY has played into it as well. Roughly three hours of RUSH for about $100 per seat vs The Wall at well over double. I'm sure we will see both but I have RUSH tickets and did not get Waters tickets... yet. As far as The Show? RUSH does THEIR thing and the staging/lighting/effects are great. Waters and Co. (Nick Mason has expressed interest to perform at a few shows) has now gotten enough fan support (on his own) and has the means to do a typical huge grandiose Floyd-esque spectacle complete with building and tearing down this massive wall, all the inflatables, pyro, theatrical staging, quad sound, yeah, yeah. I call it a draw because to me, one is a concert, the other is a show. Similarly with say the Eagles vs. KISS. You go to an Eagles concert for the music. You got to a KISS show for the show.

Although a no-brainer for me since I love Rush so much and hopefully the time machine will pull out some old 70s classics that I haven't seen live: the big thing for me is that it it not Pink Floyd. It is only Roger Waters.

A tougher decision would be to see Pink Floyd (full band bringing Wright frome the grave) or Geddy Lee solo. Aside from the factor that seeing a dead guy brough back to life would be cool, I still would probably go with Floyd.

Full PF vs full Rush: I'd go with Rush unless I knew ahead of time the setlist and realized its the same songs we've seen over and over.

Although I've seen Rush 9 times and Waters only once (Hitchiker tour), I'd still vote for Time Machine. I would only pick the Wall if Pink Floyd (Gilmour & Waters) were doing it live, but I wouldn't be able to afford tickets anyway.

Vote - Time Machine

Ah Id rather go see the wall since ive never seen it live. Ive seen rush play probably much of what they'll end up playing on this tour, so I dont have a huge desired to get ass raped on these ticket prices, especially if its not supporting a new album.

So yeah I would go with the wall just to say ive seen it live.

There's no right answer to this one. I am both a huge Rush and Pink Floyd fan. I am going to both shows and I have had the luxury of seeing Rush and Roger Waters several times, but I have to give Roger Waters the edge on this one. The Wall "show" will be Epic...between the lights, the quadraphonic sound, the props(240W x35ftH wall) etc etc...not to mention that I love The Wall as an album. It's pure genius. The only way Rush could beat out The Wall in my mind is if they only played music from Moving Pictures and albums before...

Let's see........

The whole band Rush, playing material that they wrote (and are still writing), most of it newer than the Wall, most of it BETTER than the Wall.

vs

1 washed up guy from a band that hasn't put out any truly relevent music in more than a decade, maybe 2 decades, trying to cash in on past glory, an old album.

I don't know. Let me think about this one. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ May 13 2010, 05:15 PM)
Let's see........

The whole band Rush, playing material that they wrote (and are still writing), most of it newer than the Wall, most of it BETTER than the Wall.

vs

1 washed up guy from a band that hasn't put out any truly relevent music in more than a decade, maybe 2 decades, trying to cash in on past glory, an old album.

I don't know. Let me think about this one. sarcasm.gif

They actually havent put out anything relevant in over three decades...

QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 13 2010, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ May 13 2010, 05:15 PM)
Let's see........

vs

I don't know. Let me think about this one.  sarcasm.gif

They actually havent put out anything relevant in over three decades...

I liked The Division Bell...but that was a Watersless Floyd (and it came out in 1994)

Amused to Death was really good (probably the best Roger Waters solo album), that came out in 1992...so almost 2 decades.

In any event, I don't want to see Waters playing a whole Pink Floyd album unless the other members were there (with the absence of Rick Wright, R.I.P.). It can't be pulled off without the rest of the band. It would be like Alex Lifeson touring 2112 with himself and a touring band.

As big a Pink Floyd fan as I am, I don't want to see it. I would go in an instant if he was doing Amused to Death with a few classic Pink Floyd songs thrown in, like Gilmour did with Gdnansk.

Still, the theatrics will be top notch, it is a Pink Floyd style concert.

I would say Rush, just because the experience isn't complete without the rest of the band. It doesn't matter how big of a wall they build for the show, but it would be hard to top the one in Berlin.

If the remaining members of Pink Floyd joined with Roger, it would be huge (remember Live 8)