Adding to the Hoppla

losingit2k

I think it would be a great idea if All Rush fans would wear no concert shirts pass the Permanent Waves Tour! Adding to the whole Time Machine Tour thing! It the least we can do for the guys!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm off to Hot topic to get my Permanent Waves Shirt!

wtf.gif

cool10.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 12 2010, 04:07 PM)
I think it would be a great idea if All Rush fans would wear no concert shirts pass the Permanent Waves Tour! Adding to the whole Time Machine Tour thing! It the least we can do for the guys!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm off to Hot topic to get my Permanent Waves Shirt!

wtf.gif

I think the Time Machine Tour isn't just a nod to the past but also to the future.

Time machines cover all time past present and future. So I'll be in a Vapor Trails or Test for Echo shirt, since the S&A shirt is cut wrong and don't fit right (wife was not there to check it out and I just grab and go). confused13.gif

2.gif trink39.gif

I had a thought to make shirt of the Different Stages inlay. The photo from the Hammersmith Odeon in the background.

Then I thought, if the guys see it? "Hey, you're bootleggin' no good, sunuvabitch!". Thats infringement.

So I don't need to stand out like that.

Only once have I worn a Rush t-shirt to a Rush concert. I had planned on wearing this:

http://img.allposters.com/6/LRG/26/2649/WGNMD00Z.jpg

Speaking of vintage shirts, here's a rather unique design pop up on E-Bay. Seller is asking 400 Buy It Now, so I doubt you'll even want to wear it more than once or at all. And no, this isn't my auction. biggrin.gif

The prices of his other shirts are rather wack too. Some you can get for around 20 shipped new on E-Bay. This guy is nuts.

Its Hemispheres tour 78', with a pscyhadelic painting of the band. One of the better designed shirts back then that just didn't reproduce the album cover. Not sure if this authentic though.

First time I've seen it anywhere, even on the Internet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Concert-RUSH-7...=item3ca7ca64ed

Edited by quickfree

* SHIRT NEVER WORN OR WASHED *

I have been to 1,200 concerts in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have collected many shirts from 1980-1990.

I personally have bought all these shirts either inside or outside concert venues.

A. from 1980 to 1990, then how did he become a 1978 t shirt???????

B. Outside concert venues, that means b quality bootleg shirts, wich can be made by anyone.

C. For $ 400,--, he may eat it.

I'm drifting a little off topic here, but I had an interesting daydream about the show.., based on some posts here...

This time behind Geddy is a ginormous time machine contraption thing.

Something they can walk into one end of, and out of the other.

And after the first hour they all run one at a time through the time machine.. Inside they do one of those ultra fast change of clothes thing... For the few moments of time warping, the thing can flash and make unusual noises, while the others play away.

maybe they go from a vintage 80's start, to Kimono's for Hour #2..then into the time machine again...for yet another change of clothes...maybe slitting the last hour up between, jeans and t-shirts for some stuff off the first 3 albums, to Contemporary, to end the show with some modern pieces.

Just daydreaming...sorry..

Good idea but I can't fit into things from last year so forget fitting into a shirt that old.

no.gif no.gif no.gif

Proud to say that I'm almost ready to fit into my Power Windows Tour T-Shirt.

It was a long road back from knee surgery and the excess weight that came along with being unable to hike, bike, etc.

2.gif AlexFinal.gif 2.gif NeilFinal.gif 2.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

Well we could wear a large wooden badger

QUOTE (roadqueen @ May 20 2010, 02:33 PM)
Well we could wear a large wooden badger

"Well, we wait until Geddy goes to sleep, then we jump out of the rabbit..." biggrin.gif

I like the whole idea about a time machine contraption onstage. They play a bit of misc stuff, then go thru it for a quick intermission....to come out dressed in Exit....Stage Left outfits they wore in the film (alex in his sharp red blazer, etc) and start in on MP. Yesssssss.

Well, we wait until Geddy goes to sleep, then we jump out of the rabbit..."

I'm with you!! GeddyFinal.gif