Ticket Prices?

airmid12

Hey - Sorry if this has been discussed - I couldn't find it in the forum and due to a massive computer crash sarcasm.gif have been MIA for quite some time.

So have the ticket prices jumped up a huge amount for this tour or does it just happen to be at the venues that I can go to?

Being a poor college student I can't afford to go to the shows sad.gif (super tragic!!)- especially when the ticket prices are more than is in my bank account! Sooooo cruel - such a tease

Whats up with this?? confused13.gif

QUOTE (g under p @ May 9 2010, 09:20 PM)
Yup it's gone up quite a bit even with the economy in the shape it's in.

and to my surprise, the tickets are selling quite well. Rush is gaining momentum in the past few years and are a hot ticket.

it may be the venue for the s & a tour at the excel center in Mn they were $90 for the best seats but this tour it is held at the state fair with the most expensive tickets at $70 so i think the prices are just fine cheaper to even with admission to the fair i save $5 bucks

Well, my first show was on the Hemispheres Tour and it cost about $9.00 per ticket, no fees. My last purchase, for Time Machine, cost me $90.00 per ticket. So yeah, they are going up a bit. biggrin.gif Check out some of the prices below, I see the Moving Pictures show ( June 9, 1981) cost me $9.75. Crazy! cool.gif

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ May 9 2010, 11:27 PM)
Well, my first show was on the Hemispheres Tour and it cost about $9.00 per ticket, no fees. My last purchase, for Time Machine, cost me $90.00 per ticket. So yeah, they are going up a bit. biggrin.gif Check out some of the prices below, I see the Moving Pictures show ( June 9, 1981) cost me $9.75. Crazy! cool.gif

Inflation? tongue.gif

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ May 9 2010, 10:27 PM)

I wish I had kept most of my stubs but damn those things are so easy to lose from back then. Nice photo my first from GUP was $12.50

Yep, they're going up a little, my first Rush show was on the Signals Tour. I saw them up close @ University of Dayton Arena for $11.50 a ticket, I actually had to wait in line to buy them too! tongue.gif (It's all good though, we we're in the parking lot smokin' and drinkin' all night!)

I don't even want to talk about the Time Machine tickets I just paid for. fing.gif

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ May 9 2010, 10:27 PM)

Great signature there!!!

I have all of my stubs too, except 1 which got washed and all I managed to save was a tiny corner....bu I still have the corner!!!

So has Gas

All entertainment has gone up. Yesterday I bought two NHL playoff hockey tickets at face value for $750.

Anyone who wants to specifically point the finger at Rush for this phenomenon should get their head our of their ass.

Just to show how old I am old.gif I went to concerts where you got 3 good bands for $5.00. Big shows at Tampa Stadium too (I'll have to look at my Pink Floyd tickets there) I think under $10. Those were the days. No reserved seats either, you got your tickets when ever, then camped out to be 1st in the door night of the show. Brought your blanket to lay down in front of the stage too.

NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif

I don't see an increase in ticket prices, but then again I'm a lawn person and they're always around $45, service charges and all. They were the same in 2007 and 2008, IIRC.

QUOTE (roadqueen @ May 17 2010, 02:57 PM)
Just to show how old I am old.gif I went to concerts where you got 3 good bands for $5.00.

Yeah, but this is Rush, not the Big Band Era.