Generations - who's taking their kids to a show?

Mara

Okay, I don't have any kids, so that's my excuse. Kind of ironic that I'd be the one to think up this topic.

Just wondering who is doing their part to ensure future generations of Rush fans by taking them to a show? What are the ages, and does anyone have kids who are already Rush concert veterans seeing their second or third tour?

We've got friends who always take their daughter (now 13) and son (now 9) to shows. This will be the daughter's fourth and the son's second tour. It's way cool - the kids are quite well-versed in all things Geddy, Neil, and Alex. They can recite not only lyrics but lots of Rush trivia as well. Last year for Chanukah the daughter asked for Neil's books. . .I say, "Well done, Mom & Dad!"

I took my son to the S&A tour. He stayed awake for 9 songs 1022.gif . If we can this year , we will take the both of them . On the lawn , not seats

Im on a family vacation to the states in the summer and have got tickets for the Allentown show for myself the wife and my 7 yr old daughter. Start them young i say but i must take earplugs her. Cannot wait.

we took our kids in 2007 but with only 1 show in our sites for this year... we went VIP and since it's general admission, I figured it wasn't the best idea...

they had a blast and they continue to rock their Rush shirts regularly!

I'm 18 and going im the the biggest Rush fan in my town my dad was gunna take me but not anymore does this count? Edited by jesse2112

I took my kids to a show on the last 2 tours. The youngest was 10 at the time. Taking all 3 kids to 1 show this time, so this will be their 3rd show. They all like Rush and at least my youngest agrees with me that Rush is the greatest band ever (Thank you Rock Band). My youngest is

short so I take that in to consideration when deciding where to sit. Front row in a section a bit farther back or an aisle seat seems to work well for him to have the best view. I try for closer seats when I am going without the kids.

I'm taking my 11 year-old son and my daughter who is 14 but will be going into her junior year of high school. She is much more familiar with the band and listens to their CD's and is big on rockband.

Their first show was for R30, he was 5 she was 8 and we had nosebleeds. This time around it's 1st row!

I'm going with my parents to Atlanta in late September. Did the same thing in Atlanta in 2007 (my first Rush show; I was 13) and 2008 in Charlotte.

Taking my 10 year old son to the SLC show. This will be his third Rush concert. He went with me to both S&A legs in '07 and '08. Lawn seats in '07, but great seats REALLY close to Geddy in '08! He's got a Signals t-shirt that he wears all the time. I have one exactly like it. We're quite the pair! I need to get a picture of us together wearing those shirts! 1022.gif

My friend Tony is taking his son A.J to the Boston show in September. He is 9 i believe.

A.J hopes they play One Little Victory, i'm serious. I laughed my ass off when he told me that.

I took my daughter to both Snake and Arrows show, However ticket prices were just to high this time around! Couldn't do it!

She's not happy! And chases me around with a stick!

beathorse.gif

Not this time since I need to travel quite a distance (at quite a cost) but next year when something is closer I hope to take my two boys, who will be 8 and 10 by that time.

The 10 year old likes listening to them in the van, and while the 8 year old used to hate it he's done a complete 180! Today they heard on tv that justin bieber is coming to our area this fall, and they both turned their noses up, and my 8 year old said that seeing Rush is now at the top of his list!

Taking my 12 yr old daughter to her 3rd Rush show in Milwaukee. She is a HUGE fan that has been listening to them for about 3 years now (she'll often listen to Rush on MP3 after I pick her up from a tough day of swim practice...she says need to listen to Rush when she gets really stresed).

Anyway, for Milw show, she spent a ton of time making a great poster poster for the S&A tour, as she was hoping to get sticks from Neil (we were in Sec 3, row M). Before the show, Michael's sister stopped to chat with the couple next to us, and we ended getting some S&A picks from her. Never got sticks, though Alex did manage to hit me in the face with a Henhouse shirt before 1st encore. I was so busy holding her poster up for the band that it took me a couple seconds to realize what had happened...and by the time I dropped the poster to search the ground for the shirt, it was gone. sad.gif

Anyway, look for the same poster, and a new one...in Sec 5 row A aisle right next to section 6. We're going to try to hang them on the railing. 2.gif

I am taking my 11 year old son to his second Rush show. We were in the 12th row on Geddy's side back in 08. He was blown away the first time that he saw Geddy come out. His favorite song is Witch Hunt and he is excited that they are going to play it again.

We took our daughters over the years. Now we take Agent By-tor (. . . at 16, the oldest of our Grandsons) who will be going to his fourth and fifth shows this tour.

Spending money on an EXPERIENCE is sooooo much more valuable and memorable than spending money on STUFF. We are creating memories that will last beyond our time!!!

Three generations of RUSH fans in this Clan!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif