Houston sold out!

ashpkt

Holy crap Batman!!! The event just disappeared from TM. I can't fathom that there is really that much demand for this gig

QUOTE (Prince of Tyrus @ May 1 2010, 11:42 AM)
Did anyone even see sections 101, 102, or 103 come up in the public sale?

All I was able to pull was the back of 106 or

104 and 111 (Extreme angles)

I hate those extreme angle sections. That's all I was able to get for PNC angry.gif Better than nothin I guess.

QUOTE (Prince of Tyrus @ May 1 2010, 10:42 AM)

I saw plenty of 101 & 103 during the presale, but it was all way to the sides, and by Thursday, even that was gone. I did see one pair of 102 (back) tickets during the presale, but I thought I could do better, so I let them go. Kinda wish I hadn't. Ended up in the middle of 107 early in the public sale. Seems like tickets sold well for this gig. Of course, there's no way to tell how many lawn seats have been sold.

Thankfully I was able to snag two in 107, middle of row P for my daughter and I. She's only 10 and will be attending her second show.

I don't know if it's the whole Moving Pictures deal or what but it seems there is an onslaught of broker activity for this show. It doesn't help that a large portion of the best section (102) is season ticket box seating. Leaves nothing but crap for public. And yes, the idiots on the auction have lost their minds. So much for down economy!

I'll set the over/under on the 2nd row pit auction at $1100/ea

Edited by ashpkt

QUOTE (Prince of Tyrus @ May 1 2010, 10:42 AM)

For the musictoday pre-sale all I was getting were either the far back sections or the front 101 and 103 sections but far on the sides. Never did I see a section 102 offer and believe me, I tried many times for quite a while.

For the public sale, all I was being offered for regular tickets were 104,105,110 and 111 sections, which are the back, extreme side sections. The CITI special tickets were all only in the 107 and 108 sections but towards the center/back rows. Never was I offered anythng in the 101,102 or 103 sections! The mystery here is, what happened to these front-center sections' tickets? Were they all VIP seats? Are they maybe blocked for now and will be released later on as the date approaches?

I'm assuming that everyone else experienced the same, right?

From all the time I spent trying to get tickets during the different sales and ticket options I can't believe that never did anything close to decent came up ...what's the world coming to?!?!?! confused13.gif

I know whats going on here with some of these shows selling out. My buddy greg works for stubhub. He told me a while back what brokers do is buy many tix for an event, then wait til the show gets closer and sell them at a profit.

It's basically the new way of scalping, through the internet, but of course its legal. There's tons of them doing this. Ill bet not much more than half those sales were from actual rush fans. It's an epidemic, happening more and more with sites like stubhub out there.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (trenken @ May 2 2010, 04:28 PM)
I know whats going on here with some of these shows selling out. My buddy greg works for stubhub. He told me a while back what brokers do is buy many tix for an event, then wait til the show gets closer and sell them at a profit.

everyone that has a pc anywhere in the U.S. can be a "Broker" now...

I noticed that there are 160 pit seats - of those - 50 are on stubhub

You are literally fighting against thousands of "brokers" = including billy bob in his trailer for tickets.

I also notice that there are many more seats available on stubhub for section 102 than the 101 or 103 section.

Its actually so much easier to be a "scalper" these days... you dont need a business front etc.

You need a PC and a site like stubhub.

Its sucks.

After what I have seen, I am glad to have gotten 6th out of the pit. I feel very fortunate.

QUOTE (CountFloyd @ May 3 2010, 02:57 AM)

But how do these "brokers" get preference to get a hold of so many good tickets? Do they have to enter some type of agreement with TM? Or, is TM in on this "legal scalping"? It all sounds like a big mafia...

QUOTE (animateme @ May 3 2010, 12:22 PM)
QUOTE (CountFloyd @ May 3 2010, 02:57 AM)

But how do these "brokers" get preference to get a hold of so many good tickets? Do they have to enter some type of agreement with TM? Or, is TM in on this "legal scalping"? It all sounds like a big mafia...

I agree...we are all able to purchase tickets at the same time (one would think). Obvious filtering going on. Such a shame. Fleecing of America continues.

It's been busy around here and I just now got a chance to look at buying tickets. Only think I can get is 105. sad.gif It's unbelievable that they sold out so quick that day. If anyone is playing on selling two tickets that are better than section 105 far back, send me a message.

Not preferential treatment, no, more like 1000 day traders that sit all day scooping up valuble seats as independants who then place those tickets up for sale on stubhub.

Now for filtering.

The VIP tickets are garaunteed to be within the 1st 15 rows and carry a hefty price. I would bet my tickets that they do hold onto the seats that fall into this category.

Edited by CountFloyd

QUOTE (ashpkt @ May 1 2010, 05:04 PM)
I'll set the over/under on the 2nd row pit auction at $1100/ea

If you took the "Over" ..."Winner! Winner! Chicken dinner!!!"

http://www.ticketmaster.com/auction/0C0044...ink=edp_auction