From England to Las Vegas help

Just tried to get VIP tickets for the Vegas show for the wife and me to celebrate my 50th birthday. As we are travelling from the UK I was prepared to pay the extra $ for good seats. However I was disappointed in what was offered, side section seats, when it is stated that you should receive first 15 rows. Can anyone advise another means of getting good seats as I am not familiar with the US system of obtaining tickets?

Mark

I thought the same thing about the VIP seats. Anyway, something to consider about the floor seats at the MGM. The floor is pretty level so if you are not tall then they may not be the best choice unless you are in the front section. In 2007, two lady friends and myself were in the second section on the floor and they couldn't see squat with two fellows about my height (6'4") three rows in front of them. Fortunately, an usher found some seats on the side at intermission. I hope this helps.

If you are trying for the VIP seats through Ticketmaster, just keep trying. I ended up with Floor A (Geddy's side), Row H, but it took me like 10 or 12 times of submitting for a ticket before I got that. I kept getting section 17, which wasn't bad, but I wanted Floor! The fan presale is the same. Just keep trying and ignore the messages that there are not enough tickets. It's frustrating, I know! banghead.gif

QUOTE (Birmingham Odeon 3/06/77 @ Apr 27 2010, 03:24 PM)
Just tried to get VIP tickets for the Vegas show for the wife and me to celebrate my 50th birthday. As we are travelling from the UK I was prepared to pay the extra $ for good seats. However I was disappointed in what was offered, side section seats, when it is stated that you should receive first 15 rows. Can anyone advise another means of getting good seats as I am not familiar with the US system of obtaining tickets?

Mark

I don't know if your "VIP" definition equates to "Premium", but premium states that it is in the first 15 rows on the floor, or on the side.

I haven't been on the floor at MGM, but as someone states above, you need to make sure you want to be on the floor... because people do get in the way. I picked section 17 because I wanted to be a bit off of the floor, but close enough to it that I still get the vibe smile.gif

QUOTE (Birmingham Odeon 3/06/77 @ Apr 27 2010, 03:24 PM)

Mark

I have a spare set on FLR F, row B

Not bad seats at all and face value of $359 for the pair.

PM if you are interested!!! Cheers