West Palm Beach price... EEEYOUCH!!

ohmy.gif

Did the Citicard presale for Tampa and W Palm and while I can't complain about the seats, the price increase since 2007 for W Palm Beach is ridiculous.

I'm not including the "facility fee" wacko.gif and "Convenience charge" comp26.gif that they tack on, I mean the original ticket price.

Even Tampa went from $76 base price in '07 to $95 this year.. a 25% rise in 3 years, but since Orlando was $95 in '08, it didn't faze me.

But West Palm Beach went from a face value of $72 in 2007 to (drumroll please) $119 this year... a 65% leap in 3 years fing.gif ph34r.gif

Of course I paid up... good old supply and demand wins every time.... they demand everything in my wallet and I supply it doh.gif

QUOTE (Digital_Man @ Apr 27 2010, 03:47 PM)
What seats did you score? After all fees and shipping the Tampa tickets were $114 a piece. I ended up with Sec 7 row E seats 14 - 17. Looks like Geddy's side about 24 rows back..

You're gonna hate me... 8th row Alex's side in Tampa for $117 total, 6th row Geddy's side W Palm for $143 total (did I say Ouch?)

I think it helps that I only needed 1 ticket... slip in between the blocks of 2 and 4 that most people get. Although that didn't work in '07, when I still wound up about 40 rows back in Tampa.

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Apr 27 2010, 04:04 PM)
What seats did you score? After all fees and shipping the Tampa tickets were $114 a piece.  I ended up with Sec 7 row E seats 14 - 17.  Looks like Geddy's side about 24 rows back..

You're gonna hate me... 8th row Alex's side in Tampa for $117 total, 6th row Geddy's side W Palm for $143 total (did I say Ouch?)

I think it helps that I only needed 1 ticket... slip in between the blocks of 2 and 4 that most people get. Although that didn't work in '07, when I still wound up about 40 rows back in Tampa.

I'm sec. 1 row f seat 9 for West Palm...how bout you PRR?

And I hear ya...OUCH!!! 50 bucks more than last tour for almost same seat.

Edited by Some Half-Forgotten Stranger

Tampa Show at the Ford Amp:

Section 4 row F for myself and my lady<she's NEVER been to a Rush show!>

Section 10 Row G for 4 friends of mine

total over $700 for tickets, charges and such.

I don't mind paying for good tickets, but a $16 convenience charge, however much facility charge, etc... They sure do get every dime outta you now a days don't they?

Oh well... it IS Rush :-)

What seats did you score? After all fees and shipping the Tampa tickets were $114 a piece.  I ended up with Sec 7 row E seats 14 - 17.  Looks like Geddy's side about 24 rows back..

I don't hate ya.. One ticket definately helps. I needed 4.. I was 7th row on Alex's side in West Palm for CP. 5th row Geddy in Cincinnati for Roll da Bones... The last 4 shows I've been farther back though. This is great compared to the last tour.. I was in the first row of the last section towards the middle. Great for leg room.. 653.gif

I dunno, $143 doesn't seem bad at all for row 6. unsure.gif

I just paid double that for row 8 in Vegas.

But it will be worth every penny! My closest seat for Rush since row 4 for Presto. 653.gif

Edited by PariahDog

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Apr 27 2010, 06:50 PM)

I dunno, $143 doesn't seem bad at all for row 6. unsure.gif

I just paid double that for row 8 in Vegas.

But it will be worth every penny! My closest seat for Rush since row 4 for Presto. 653.gif

I too paid 143 for my sec. 1 ticket in West Palm but. But damn...117 for 8th row in Tampa!!!!???

That's a score!!!

I can't even get tickets anywhere in that general vacinity to pull up in Tampa. All I get is waaay in the back. What service did you use?

BTW...any idea when lawn seats go on sale? I've never sat in the lawn but am thinking about it for Tampa 'cuz I'm gonna bring my 10 year old.

I went for the lawn for me and my 11 year old-His second Rush show! Couldn't handle the almost 300 bucks that would have put us up front.

How is it there are different ticket prices for the P1 tickets for Tampa? I paid $116.00 at the presale for section 6 row K.

I'm 2nd to the last row in that section which is new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif But it's near the VIP in the center so you'd figure the VIP would be good seats right confused13.gif confused13.gif

I'm going to try ticketbastard in the am & see if I do better.

I don't think I've ever been this far back. (and it's not that bad really)

I have to be happy I'm going!!!!

When so many people (myself included) have been out of work I'd think ticket prices would come down some, be kind to the poor. but nooooooooo Now it's all about whoever can pay the most gets the best seats.

I remember back in the day schla03.gif opps pokey.gif thanks I tend to nod off at my age, anyway, when tickets went on sale everyone got general admission and the 1st people to show up at the venue and wait in line to get in got the best seats. That shows who the real fans are.

Wind in my hair

Shifting & Drifting

Adrenaline surge

Well weathered leather

hot metal & oil

the scented St. Pete air

Sunlight on chrome

the blur of the landscape

EVERY NERVE AWARE

Gotta be aware riding a motorcycle on the streets of Tampa Bay common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif common001.gif common001.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Suck it up you pinch-fisted lick pennies.

The year is 2010, everything costs more these days. Even bringing a date to a movie is a 100 dollar touch if you include dinner and a couple refreshments afterwards.

wooo hoooo common001.gif cheer.gif trink39.gif 653.gif applaudit.gif

I moved up 13 rows. I was in section 6- 2nd to last row, from the presale. Ticketbastard gave me section 7 row C! which cost me over $117 where as the one from the pre sale was $116. I assume that's ticketbastard fees making the difference unless they are charging a little more for each row up??? Or each section has a different price? confused13.gif Just never seen it that way.

Now I have a single ticket for sale.

I'M GOING TO SEE 2.gif AGAIN. Thank the bones! 1022.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif

"suck it up you pinch-fisted lick pennies.

The year is 2010, everything costs more these days. Even bringing a date to a movie is a 100 dollar touch if you include dinner and a couple refreshments afterwards. "

wtf.gif

Not all of us are well off enough to not blink at prices these days. moon.gif

I got laid off in Feb 09 & have only found part time work while fighting cancer with no insurance. Some months I wonder if this is the month I'll be homeless cause I can't pay my rent. Paying over $100 for a night out is way out of my reach, but I'll pawn something to buy food this month so I can have that Rush ticket cause I NEED that night of magic!!! wub.gif

I can't imagne being a young man trying to take a lady out for dinner and a movie now. Everything has gone up unless it's your business that's struggling or your paycheck. bsg.gif (I love these little smilies)

I scored 5 tickets for Tampa... Sec 4 Row G... $595.00 cool.gif

I got in on the radio pre-sale they had Thursday.

It will be my 4 year old sons first Rush concert (he's a huge fan) and my 9 year old daughters first Rush show. My wife has been a few times with me and my oldest daughter (now 12) has been to 3 Rush shows with me.

I am so excited to be able to take the whole family this time. Is it October yet???

2.gif

Tampa show = Section 2, Row B, Seats 5 - 8 (Alex side). This will be my 10 year old son's first concert.

My brother-in-law got us tickets to the show in West Palm Beach as well; all I know is Section 3, about 15 rows back.

After missing the past 3 tours for lifes little curveballs, I didn't even heaitate to toss over 750 for 2 tix to the Vegas show. I deserve it. So to my ex-wife, I say SCREW YOU I'M GOING. To my ex-boss who wouldn't let me off work to go, I say SCREW YOU, I'M GOING. To unemployment that dogged me for the 30th tour, I say SCREW YOU, I'M GOING. I am at a great place in life right now and the timing couldn't be better! I love visiting vegas, so this will be a great time, no matter what!!

QUOTE (yyz98 @ May 1 2010, 01:46 AM)
After missing the past 3 tours for lifes little curveballs, I didn't even heaitate to toss over 750 for 2 tix to the Vegas show. I deserve it. So to my ex-wife, I say SCREW YOU I'M GOING. To my ex-boss who wouldn't let me off work to go, I say SCREW YOU, I'M GOING. To unemployment that dogged me for the 30th tour, I say SCREW YOU, I'M GOING. I am at a great place in life right now and the timing couldn't be better! I love visiting vegas, so this will be a great time, no matter what!!

You tell them and see you in Vegas!!!!!!!!!!!! 653.gif trink39.gif

Thanks to an eagle eyed RUSH pal, he and I are now front row for the closer!!!!!!!!! yes, we paid a little bit, but not bad considering what the auction is at already!!!!!!!!

WOOOT! 1022.gif 2.gif

I am PISSED! I have been watching the pressale emails since they started showing up and somehow I missed the notification for the WPB/Tampa shows and now I'm screwed. No good seats. confused13.gif

"Tampa show = Section 2, Row B, Seats 5 - 8 (Alex side). This will be my 10 year old son's first concert."

Wow great seats dude. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif ENJOY! How perfect for your son. My son's 1st Rush show he was about 16, it was in the 2nd row in front of GeddyFinal.gif He was blown away and loved Rush ever since.