How does TICKETMASTER get away with Auctions??

hazlnut

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird how no one blames Rush for their role in this.

Well, at least not yet in this thread. wink.gif

In other news...

...imagine a self-absorbed, obnoxious, Paris Hilton type.

Now imagine the opposite. That's Bev. She's incredibly down-to-earth.

Trace ROCKS.

smile.gif

Edited by Prime Mover and Shaker

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ Apr 30 2010, 08:59 AM)

Well, at least not yet in this thread. wink.gif

Well, to be fair, I really don't think Rush has much to do with this, as I've seen TM run auctions for alot of other shows as well.

Who all that extra money is going to, I have no idea. But just like ticket prices, I'm not sure that Rush has all that much say in it...but I could be wrong as well.

QUOTE (Draco @ Apr 29 2010, 10:09 PM)
QUOTE (dreamline3 @ Apr 29 2010, 05:12 PM)
QUOTE (Trace @ Apr 29 2010, 03:33 PM)
QUOTE (Patty @ Apr 29 2010, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (peoplecanteatmachinefood @ Apr 29 2010, 12:20 PM)
The auctions really are ridiculous, but I refuse to pay above face value for good tickets.  I'll just go to the venue on the day of the show and try to upgrade.

I actually have had very good luck doing that in the past! Several times I ended up in the first couple of rows when buying a ticket just hours before the show.

oh bless, so glad for you - going to post your 21 tickets love?

You can ignore me, but I wont go away as long as you are dissing my friends!

It stops now Patty, lets not have a repeat of CP - oh and good luck with the house move, I hope the leather looks great in your place

Uh..calling people "love" or "dear" definitely doesn't make you better and no one called Bev "rich". I believe it was her who actually said that word. And also, no one questioned how she got her money for tours. Nobodys Hero heard Bev was "loaded" in 2007 and hasn't said anything all this time shows there was no malicious intent! Anybody can be provoked and as much as it happened to Bev it also happened to NH. But I think it should end.

That's all.

This isn't my battle, but I will defend my friend Trace when you say calling people Dear doesn't make her any better. Trace is a gem, and with Trace being from England (Did you know this dreamline?), calling someone Dear is a part of her everyday vocab. So I ask you not to bring down a person's entire culture because it doesn't jive with what you may feel.

I am aware of how the words dear and love are used in the UK. They just seem out of place when Trace is bashing someone.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 30 2010, 06:05 AM)

Well, at least not yet in this thread.  wink.gif

Well, to be fair, I really don't think Rush has much to do with this, as I've seen TM run auctions for alot of other shows as well.

Who all that extra money is going to, I have no idea. But just like ticket prices, I'm not sure that Rush has all that much say in it...but I could be wrong as well.

Rush made the decision to let their people set them up to do business through TM.

They could have gone all Pearl Jam or Dave Matthews, but they chose not to.

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ Apr 30 2010, 09:11 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 30 2010, 06:05 AM)

Well, at least not yet in this thread.  wink.gif

Rush made the decision to let their people set them up to do business through TM.

They could have gone all Pearl Jam or Dave Matthews, but they chose not to.

Oh...well yeah, for sure.

In terms of going through TM, yes...Rush is technically "at fault". But then again, so are the majority of performers, sports teams, and venues.

The bands you mentioned are a rare breed, it doesn't usually happen that way (though I agree it should!). Plus, I think Pearl Jam USED to do that...but if you look at TM nowadays, you can get tickets for PJ shows on TM.

So, their whole boycott experiment that they tried hasn't really lasted.

QUOTE (dreamline3 @ Apr 30 2010, 06:08 AM)
The auctions really are ridiculous, but I refuse to pay above face value for good tickets.  I'll just go to the venue on the day of the show and try to upgrade.

I actually have had very good luck doing that in the past! Several times I ended up in the first couple of rows when buying a ticket just hours before the show.

It stops now Patty, lets not have a repeat of CP - oh and good luck with the house move, I hope the leather looks great in your place

Uh..calling people "love" or "dear" definitely doesn't make you better and no one called Bev "rich". I believe it was her who actually said that word. And also, no one questioned how she got her money for tours. Nobodys Hero heard Bev was "loaded" in 2007 and hasn't said anything all this time shows there was no malicious intent! Anybody can be provoked and as much as it happened to Bev it also happened to NH. But I think it should end.

That's all.

This isn't my battle, but I will defend my friend Trace when you say calling people Dear doesn't make her any better. Trace is a gem, and with Trace being from England (Did you know this dreamline?), calling someone Dear is a part of her everyday vocab. So I ask you not to bring down a person's entire culture because it doesn't jive with what you may feel.

I am aware of how the words dear and love are used in the UK. They just seem out of place when Trace is bashing someone.

Sarcasm love...sarcasm. Look it up. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Alien Girl @ Apr 30 2010, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (dreamline3 @ Apr 30 2010, 06:08 AM)

That's all.

Sarcasm love...sarcasm. Look it up. eyesre4.gif

I've no dog in the above fight, but just a handy bit of FYI that may lend perspective. Not necessarily defending or criticizing anyone -

dreamliner3 is nobody's hero's daughter, and she's (I think) 14 or 15. (My apologies if I got the age wrong, d3).

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Apr 28 2010, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 28 2010, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 28 2010, 11:30 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 28 2010, 02:11 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 28 2010, 01:49 PM)
QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Apr 28 2010, 01:47 PM)
QUOTE (hazlnut @ Apr 28 2010, 10:15 AM)
QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Apr 27 2010, 04:25 PM)
I got boned by the auction today and I am STEAMING mad, and will take ticketmaster and Live Nation to task for this.

Short story - myself and a friend co-ordinated the last 50 seconds of the auction, put in a HIGH bid that matched and won the auction!  We get our notices and she is BANG on in the centre and I have the end crappy seats that were the MINIMUM bid.

No one at TM customer service can help, I ask for a supervisor, - we don't have one............OH REALLY

I have sent scathing e-mails on this!!!!!!!

I will be DAMNED if I am paying $580 for an end seat in 2nd row!!!!!!!! banghead.gif

Which Venue?

Because those second row (pit) seats are just right/left of center at Verizon Amp Irvine.

But second row end seats at Universal Amp (Gibson) are considered obstructed view.

But is sounds like they hosed you. This is why I hate when Stubhub doesn't always list seat numbers.

Toronto at the ACC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still no word from TM!!!!!!!!!!! Theiving bastards...........

laugh.gif

Well...according to your signature, you are going to at least 13 shows!!!

Intense. ohmy.gif

Her member title on Counterparts is "Tour Whore"! laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I wish I could see them that much, but both money and time would never permit me to do so. doh.gif

You and me both and probably most of the true fans. It must be nice to have that kind of money!

Excuse me?? You don't know what kind of money I have.........

and I will tell you this, I am NOT rich - far from it.

I save like mad, and use my line of credit, so there!

Don't judge someone based on what they spend, they are not always RICH!!!!!

goodpost.gif that's right girl - you tell them!

You don't have to defend your position in any way shape or form.

If I could, I would see them every show I could ~ but the cards didn't fall well this year and I am thrilled to be seeing them in Sarnia.

To those that are judging... Lay off ~ you know dang well that if you had the resources, you'd do it too.

(I am jumping in without reading anything further than RushGirls post - if you have made amends then I am sorry for being late to the party and rehashing. If not, then dazed025.gif )

RushGirl hug2.gif cosmo.gif See ya in Sarnia

th1245.gif

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Apr 30 2010, 07:22 AM)
QUOTE (dreamline3 @ Apr 29 2010, 07:12 PM)

That's all.

If by "loaded" they meant beer, than oh ya................ biggrin.gif

beer or $$, why is being "loaded" a problem??