How does TICKETMASTER get away with Auctions??

hazlnut

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Apr 28 2010, 06:44 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 28 2010, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 28 2010, 11:30 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 28 2010, 02:11 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 28 2010, 01:49 PM)
QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Apr 28 2010, 01:47 PM)
QUOTE (hazlnut @ Apr 28 2010, 10:15 AM)
QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Apr 27 2010, 04:25 PM)
I got boned by the auction today and I am STEAMING mad, and will take ticketmaster and Live Nation to task for this.

Short story - myself and a friend co-ordinated the last 50 seconds of the auction, put in a HIGH bid that matched and won the auction!  We get our notices and she is BANG on in the centre and I have the end crappy seats that were the MINIMUM bid.

No one at TM customer service can help, I ask for a supervisor, - we don't have one............OH REALLY

I have sent scathing e-mails on this!!!!!!!

I will be DAMNED if I am paying $580 for an end seat in 2nd row!!!!!!!! banghead.gif

Which Venue?

Because those second row (pit) seats are just right/left of center at Verizon Amp Irvine.

But second row end seats at Universal Amp (Gibson) are considered obstructed view.

But is sounds like they hosed you. This is why I hate when Stubhub doesn't always list seat numbers.

Toronto at the ACC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still no word from TM!!!!!!!!!!! Theiving bastards...........

laugh.gif

Well...according to your signature, you are going to at least 13 shows!!!

Intense. ohmy.gif

Her member title on Counterparts is "Tour Whore"! laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I wish I could see them that much, but both money and time would never permit me to do so. doh.gif

You and me both and probably most of the true fans. It must be nice to have that kind of money!

Excuse me?? You don't know what kind of money I have.........

and I will tell you this, I am NOT rich - far from it.

I save like mad, and use my line of credit, so there!

Don't judge someone based on what they spend, they are not always RICH!!!!!

Just calling it like I heard it!

Edited by nobodys hero

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Patty @ Apr 29 2010, 01:18 AM)
Why the defensive attitude? Which person on this thread called you RICH?'

Lighten up, Bev.

By the way, I'm not rich either. However, I have made some very good investments during the last few years and I just bought a new house!

I bought the new house before the tour was in the works. So I will only be attending about 21 shows this summer because I now have lots of new bills.

You go girl! Thanks for having my back!

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Apr 29 2010, 04:25 AM)
QUOTE (Patty @ Apr 29 2010, 03:18 AM)
Why the defensive attitude?  Which person on this thread called you RICH?'

Lighten up, Bev.

By the way, I'm not rich either.  However, I have made some very good investments during the last few years and I just bought a new house!

I bought the new house before the tour was in the works.  So I will only be attending about 21 shows this summer  because I now have lots of new bills.

Patty I have gotten that comment before and YOU yourself have made some snide remarks my way on another board, so I will NOT lighten up!

Especially when YOU tell me to!

I am about as light as they come, as long as someone does not make assumptions about me.

I NEVER made any remark about you on any board at any time.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 29 2010, 08:29 AM)
I got boned by the auction today and I am STEAMING mad, and will take ticketmaster and Live Nation to task for this.

Short story - myself and a friend co-ordinated the last 50 seconds of the auction, put in a HIGH bid that matched and won the auction!  We get our notices and she is BANG on in the centre and I have the end crappy seats that were the MINIMUM bid.

No one at TM customer service can help, I ask for a supervisor, - we don't have one............OH REALLY

I will be DAMNED if I am paying $580 for an end seat in 2nd row!!!!!!!! banghead.gif

Which Venue?

Because those second row (pit) seats are just right/left of center at Verizon Amp Irvine.

But second row end seats at Universal Amp (Gibson) are considered obstructed view.

But is sounds like they hosed you. This is why I hate when Stubhub doesn't always list seat numbers.

laugh.gif

Intense. ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

I wish I could see them that much, but both money and time would never permit me to do so. doh.gif

You and me both and probably most of the true fans. It must be nice to have that kind of money!

Oh, and what was it that your ears heard??

Where did I say I was rich??

You and Patty need to stop the jealous bashing..........

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Apr 29 2010, 07:58 AM)

Which Venue?

laugh.gif

Intense. ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

Sounds more like going into debt to me, little line of credit goes a long way biggrin.gif

trink39.gif Good Job RushGirl...

So beers at the show in ABQ did I hear you say? 653.gif

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Apr 29 2010, 06:58 AM)

Which Venue?

laugh.gif

Intense. ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

Bev I heard things at the Red Rocks show of 2007. I didn't really know anybody there so I talked to peeps here and there and it was at that time that someone pointed you out and spoke about you going to all these shows and how you were "loaded".

I've seen Rush 52 times since 1976 so I'm not jealous of you and I would imagine Patty isn't either.

Just for the record I did not meet Patty until the 2008 leg, long after the conversation I heard.

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Apr 29 2010, 08:25 AM)

Lighten up, Bev.

By the way, I'm not rich either.  However, I have made some very good investments during the last few years and I just bought a new house!

I bought the new house before the tour was in the works.  So I will only be attending about 21 shows this summer  because I now have lots of new bills.

Patty I have gotten that comment before and YOU yourself have made some snide remarks my way on another board, so I will NOT lighten up!

I am about as light as they come, as long as someone does not make assumptions about me.

I was going to chime in here and say you're probably really tired of people making that assumption. I am sure it gets old.

Besides, even if you are richer than God it's no one's business and rude to comment on it.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 29 2010, 11:24 AM)
QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Apr 29 2010, 08:25 AM)

Lighten up, Bev.

I was going to chime in here and say you're probably really tired of people making that assumption. I am sure it gets old.

Besides, even if you are richer than God it's no one's business and rude to comment on it.

goodpost.gif

Exactly...who gives a crap. We all have what we have. I finally gave in and dished out some extra money in a TM auction, just to try and sit close to the stage for the first time ever! I am not at all in a great financial position, especially with a wedding and home purchase coming up over the next 2 months!! ohmy.gif

I am just always excited to have even one opportunity to see them on tour. On top of that, I get really excited to hear everyone else's stories about how they were able to get tickets to shows as well.

It would be great to see everyone on TRF get an opportunity to see Rush live each tour!

You guys who get to go to tons of shows make me smile! It's great to see so much devotion and passion from fans...that's the kind of thing that keeps Ged, Alex, and Neil doing what they do! They see what their fans think of them, and they appreciate it for sure! trink39.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 27 2010, 11:37 AM)
They should just change the name to Ticketscalper.com.  Because that's what they became years ago

That is hilarious, Metaldad!! Not very funny in reality, though. A legal monopoly that has the audacity to drive prices up (even higher, yet!) via auctions. Criminal. That just doesn't seem right... rage.gif

Edited by the masked drummer

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 29 2010, 10:20 AM)

Which Venue?

laugh.gif

Intense. ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

Bev I heard things at the Red Rocks show of 2007. I didn't really know anybody there so I talked to peeps here and there and it was at that time that someone pointed you out and spoke about you going to all these shows and how you were "loaded".

I've seen Rush 52 times since 1976 so I'm not jealous of you and I would imagine Patty isn't either.

Just for the record I did not meet Patty until the 2008 leg, long after the conversation I heard.

Just goes to show that you shouldn't listen to what other people say, and that you should GO TO THE source before making assumptions.

Did you come over and talk to me in Denver???

I know Patty personally and you can ask anyone who knows me, I do NOT verbally bash anyone or pick fights.

Patty has taken pokes at me the last two years on CP and I don't know what I did to spur this. As a matter of fact, Patty and I split tickets in Ohio on th 07 leg.

For whatever reason, I am done with the negativity.

All I will say to you Nobody's Hero is come up, introduce yourself, and I will tell you all about my travels and shows and all the cool people I have met and how HARD I work to save the money to go to these shows.

I am not a confrontation person, UNLESS, it is provoked and Patty has brought out that in me.

Peace

QUOTE (Patty @ Apr 29 2010, 08:56 AM)
QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Apr 29 2010, 04:25 AM)

Lighten up, Bev.

I NEVER made any remark about you on any board at any time.

BULL!!!!!!!

I'm done Patty, you can say whatever you want, myself and alot of other people know what you are all about.

Enjoy your 21 shows.............

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Apr 28 2010, 08:44 PM)

Which Venue?

laugh.gif

Intense. ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

goodpost.gif

Hey Bev, are you going to the screening tonight or tomorrow? I'm going tomorrow with Barney and some others would love to meet up with you. smile.gif

I am indeed!

I have reserved the GEDDY booth at the Hard Rock tonight at 6pm!! Join us for some trink39.gif

I am going tomorrow as well and I have Barney's ticket and Bastille nights so I will see you then also!

Cheers trink39.gif

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Apr 29 2010, 09:45 AM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 29 2010, 10:20 AM)

Which Venue?

laugh.gif

Intense. ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

Just goes to show that you shouldn't listen to what other people say, and that you should GO TO THE source before making assumptions.

Did you come over and talk to me in Denver???

I know Patty personally and you can ask anyone who knows me, I do NOT verbally bash anyone or pick fights.

Patty has taken pokes at me the last two years on CP and I don't know what I did to spur this. As a matter of fact, Patty and I split tickets in Ohio on th 07 leg.

For whatever reason, I am done with the negativity.

All I will say to you Nobody's Hero is come up, introduce yourself, and I will tell you all about my travels and shows and all the cool people I have met and how HARD I work to save the money to go to these shows.

I am not a confrontation person, UNLESS, it is provoked and Patty has brought out that in me.

Peace

You did meet me at Red Rocks. I think there is a pic somewhere of you hanging out by my van and I'm sure I offered you a beer and a brat. I honestly don't remember half the folks' real names from that tailgate as people from 4 different boards were there intermingling.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa31/cheycam/rrrt55.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa31/cheycam/rrrt56.jpg

Edited by nobodys hero

Patty you are full of bull - 21 shows my big fat sweaty arse.

You push the envelope wherever you go and then wonder why no one likes you. Why do you spend all your time here and not at CP as before Patty - please tell me!

Oh people of TRF, people who are obese make Patty feel sick, they are disgusting - beware

21 shows????? I'm laughing as I type this

Nobodys Hero, you may have met Bev, but you obviously didnt MEET her, beer or not! If you had actually spoken to her, you would know that what she says is true - if she were rich, do you think I would be sat over here in England whilst she watches the documentary???? NO, I wouldnt. Before you go putting stuff into type about people, make sure you have the facts and not just heresay.

Patty you're full of crap

QUOTE (peoplecanteatmachinefood @ Apr 29 2010, 12:20 PM)
The auctions really are ridiculous, but I refuse to pay above face value for good tickets. I'll just go to the venue on the day of the show and try to upgrade.

I actually have had very good luck doing that in the past! Several times I ended up in the first couple of rows when buying a ticket just hours before the show.

QUOTE (Patty @ Apr 29 2010, 03:23 PM)
The auctions really are ridiculous, but I refuse to pay above face value for good tickets.  I'll just go to the venue on the day of the show and try to upgrade.

I actually have had very good luck doing that in the past! Several times I ended up in the first couple of rows when buying a ticket just hours before the show.

oh bless, so glad for you - going to post your 21 tickets love?

You can ignore me, but I wont go away as long as you are dissing my friends!

It stops now Patty, lets not have a repeat of CP - oh and good luck with the house move, I hope the leather looks great in your place

QUOTE (Trace @ Apr 29 2010, 03:33 PM)
The auctions really are ridiculous, but I refuse to pay above face value for good tickets.  I'll just go to the venue on the day of the show and try to upgrade.

It stops now Patty, lets not have a repeat of CP - oh and good luck with the house move, I hope the leather looks great in your place

Uh..calling people "love" or "dear" definitely doesn't make you better and no one called Bev "rich". I believe it was her who actually said that word. And also, no one questioned how she got her money for tours. Nobodys Hero heard Bev was "loaded" in 2007 and hasn't said anything all this time shows there was no malicious intent! Anybody can be provoked and as much as it happened to Bev it also happened to NH. But I think it should end.

That's all.

Edited by dreamline3

QUOTE (dreamline3 @ Apr 29 2010, 05:12 PM)

Uh..calling people "love" or "dear" definitely doesn't make you better and no one called Bev "rich". I believe it was her who actually said that word. And also, no one questioned how she got her money for tours. Nobodys Hero heard Bev was "loaded" in 2007 and hasn't said anything all this time shows there was no malicious intent! Anybody can be provoked and as much as it happened to Bev it also happened to NH. But I think it should end.

That's all.

This isn't my battle, but I will defend my friend Trace when you say calling people Dear doesn't make her any better. Trace is a gem, and with Trace being from England (Did you know this dreamline?), calling someone Dear is a part of her everyday vocab. So I ask you not to bring down a person's entire culture because it doesn't jive with what you may feel.

QUOTE (dreamline3 @ Apr 29 2010, 07:12 PM)

That's all.

If by "loaded" they meant beer, than oh ya................ biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Draco @ Apr 29 2010, 08:09 PM)
QUOTE (dreamline3 @ Apr 29 2010, 05:12 PM)

That's all.

This isn't my battle, but I will defend my friend Trace when you say calling people Dear doesn't make her any better. Trace is a gem, and with Trace being from England (Did you know this dreamline?), calling someone Dear is a part of her everyday vocab. So I ask you not to bring down a person's entire culture because it doesn't jive with what you may feel.

Edited by nobodys hero