Baseball Season Begins

anagramking

If the Indians' bullpen performs like it did yesterday for the rest of the season, it's going to be a long season. White Sox are on their way to sweeping. The Twins look good so far. Mariano got booed at the Stadium yesterday. That's unbelievable. I wonder if they'd boo Babe Ruth if he had a bad week. Cubs only win one of three in AZ this week. Without Prior and/or Wood, forget it.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 7 2005, 07:36 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Apr 7 2005, 05:22 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Apr 7 2005, 02:46 PM)
White Sox are on their way to sweeping.

Uh, scratch that part. Great comeback by the Tribe today.

I was gonna say.... laugh.gif

They were up 5-0 when I wrote that. If I didn't write that, it would have been a sweep. So it goes.

Peavy looked good last night, striking out 10 batters in 6 2/3 and giving up no runs. Brad Wilkerson of the Nationals is tearing it up. He hit for the cycle on Wednesday and then went 4 for 5 yesterday.

looks like a ton of people got thrown out of the red sox/tampa game because of the ump (apparently). wonder if this was the same ump that got francona thrown out of the yankess game last week. if you question the umpires call does that make you a liberal?

QUOTE (daveyt @ Apr 24 2005, 10:24 PM)
wow you have to see the homerun that jay payton hit tonight. it hit like the top of the park at tampa bay (indoor)

i repeat: a must see

Yeah I was watching that game too. I am impressed with that mostly for the fact that he came into the game only because Trot Nixon got ejected b/c of the brawl. And Manny hit a sweet shot after getting thrown behind.

Tho it was a sad statement about baseball with the back and forth intentional hits. Come one guys!! mad.gif Theres backing someone off after one of your guys gets hit (intentional or not) but can we show a little maturity here??

Critics of the designated hitter in the American League often use examples of that kind of behavior as arguments for removal of the DH. If the pitcher has to bat and he is likely to get chin music himself, he is less likely to throw it at anybody else.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. A real shame for me because I really loved what Edgar Martinez did in the DH role and if there wasn't one, he probably could not have continued playing baseball as playing defense was extremely punishing to his body.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 26 2005, 02:42 AM)
How about them White Sox? Won 8 in a row and have won 16 of first 20 games...This year's surprise team or too early to tell????

Too early to tell. Frank Thomas hasn't come off the DL yet to kill the momentum for them.

laugh.gif

Tonight's baseball action features some killer pitching matchups....

-Doc Halladay of Jays go up against Randy Johnson of Yanks...2 of the dominant pitchers in the game today...

-Mark Mulder of Cards square up against former teammate Tim Hudson of the Braves...the 2 used to be part of "The Big Three" in Oakland before these 2 were traded before this season. Both are continuing to be the top guns they are...

-For the first time in 18 years two 300 game winners will face each other when Greg Maddux pitches for Cubs against Roger Clemens for the Astros...though Maddux hasn't been the Maddux of old, this game should be a good one.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 29 2005, 08:18 AM)

-Doc Halladay of Jays go up against Randy Johnson of Yanks...2 of the dominant pitchers in the game today...

-Mark Mulder of Cards square up against former teammate Tim Hudson of the Braves...the 2 used to be part of "The Big Three" in Oakland before these 2 were traded before this season. Both are continuing to be the top guns they are...

-For the first time in 18 years two 300 game winners will face each other when Greg Maddux pitches for Cubs against Roger Clemens for the Astros...though Maddux hasn't been the Maddux of old, this game should be a good one.

now watching a killer pitchers' duel between Halladay and Johnson...no score through 6...some great D on both sides...

On the other hand the Cards and Braves are tied at 4 in 4th...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 29 2005, 07:45 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 29 2005, 08:18 AM)

-Mark Mulder of Cards square up against former teammate Tim Hudson of the Braves...the 2 used to be part of "The Big Three" in Oakland before these 2 were traded before this season.  Both are continuing to be the top guns they are...

now watching a killer pitchers' duel between Halladay and Johnson...no score through 6...some great D on both sides...

On the other hand the Cards and Braves are tied at 4 in 4th...

Jays win 2-0! YES! Now back to the Knights game! 1287.gif

There's a video of Ichiro robbing Garrett Anderson of a homer at mlb.com. Check it out at your earliest convenience.

Thome goes on the 15 day DL. Some might have read that Thome was voted best teammate in baseball by his peers.

Juan Rincon? Almost as surprising as Alex Sanchez. Rincon is the main setup man for the Twins. I wonder who's next to get busted.

It is interesting with all these Roger Clemens trade rumors...didn't he come out of "retirement" to play in his hometown? Would he go to another team in pursuit of another championship? Would he retire automatically if he was traded???

White Sox are still impressing me...They are on quite the roll...

How long can O's keep up the good playing in the tough AL East? Yanks win 3 in a row finally...Sox r missing their top 2 pitchers...if Jays' big guns can start hitting to go with impressive pitching they might make some noise...speaking of Jays, scary injury to one of their good guys Greg Zaun the other day....had trouble breathing after getting knocked unconscious with knee to the head on double play....on DL with concussion...

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ May 17 2005, 12:51 PM)
Damn Indians. Lost another one run game. How many has that been this year? mad.gif

When the hell is VMart going to start hitting? Can you say "Joe Charboneau?"

NPF, you should be happy with the Tribe's performance tonight. No VMart in the lineup, though. He's killing one of my fantasy teams. I had huge expectations for him.

Can you believe:

The D-Backs are in first place?

The Cubs are struggling to stay above .500?

The Astros have the second worst road record in the league?

Adrian Beltre and Aramis Ramirez are both batting below .250?

The Yankees are only a few games out now?

The Mariners still suck?

The A's suck even worse?

Big Fat Bartolo regained his form?

David Wells looks like he's about done now?

Renteria is struggling in Boston?

The Brewers are hovering around .500 with Ben Sheets on the DL?

A-Rod is hitting the cover off the ball again?

The White Sox are in first place?

Victor Martinez is batting below the Mendoza line?

Danny Graves is out of a job?

Danny Kolb has been a bust for Atlanta?

Brian Roberts is the top rated player in fantasy baseball right now?

Clint Barmes' hot rookie year start with the Rockies?

Mike Sweeney isn't on the DL right now?

What a season...

Archived