Best Opening Song

losingit2k

Which opening song have you liked best?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which opening song have you liked best?

• Spirit of the Radio
    • R30 Medley
    • Limelight
    • Tom Sawyer
    • The Big Money

I think Anthem would be a great opener. While TSOR is a great song, it wouldn't break my heart if they didn't play it this tour. However, being that it was one of the 5 songs that were inducted into the Canadian Songwriter's Hall of Fame, I am sure it will make an appearance. And maybe Closer to the Heart? Been a while since they played that one, and there have been hints in interviews with Geddy and Alex that they might be bringing it back.

I'm just so happy that they are playing The Camera Eye and Vital Signs that I don't care what the rest of the set list is going to be! As long as it's Rush, it's all good!

I keep getting hung up in the whole "Time Machine" theme. So I'm thinking that right off the bat, they'll go clear back to 1974. Why not? It would be totally unexpected and something that they would do. Maybe...

They open the show with 'Working Man'. Ridiculous? Probably. But does anyone else think that that would be a killer opener?

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ May 1 2010, 01:46 AM)
I keep getting hung up in the whole "Time Machine" theme. So I'm thinking that right off the bat, they'll go clear back to 1974. Why not? It would be totally unexpected and something that they would do. Maybe...

They open the show with 'Working Man'. Ridiculous? Probably. But does anyone else think that that would be a killer opener?

If they didn't play anything off of their first album, I would be ok with that. With the exception of In The Mood, I really don't care for it. no.gif

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 27 2010, 08:10 PM)

Is it that far of a stretch? 'Time Machine Tour'. Debut album. It is feasible isn't it? Anyone?

If that's the case, the opening will be: Finding my Way

Edited by KennethRush

QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ Apr 27 2010, 09:26 AM)

Oh, and Bastille Day is probably the best opener ever.

Very limited choices... I think Finding My Way would be appropriate. Anthem would be great. Bastille Day would be epic. It's a Time Machine baby!!

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ May 15 2010, 04:38 PM)
QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ Apr 27 2010, 09:26 AM)

Oh, and Bastille Day is probably the best opener ever.

Very limited choices... I think Finding My Way would be appropriate. Anthem would be great. Bastille Day would be epic. It's a Time Machine baby!!

Yes +1 cool.gif

I must admit! I really should have had Bastile Day on the Poll! It is an extremely good opener! Another song I feel would make a good opener is Hemispheres! (Prelude)! Can you imagine the crowd when those first few first chords come in! No-one would expect it! People will drown from the gathering drool!

drool1.gif

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 27 2010, 10:10 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Apr 27 2010, 12:17 AM)
2112! I gots me a feelin. wink.gif

I've been talking about 'Working Man' as an opener for weeks. No one has said anything. Is it that far of a stretch? 'Time Machine Tour'. Debut album. It is feasible isn't it? Anyone?.......Come on! That would kick some ass!

For me going to the Time Machine tour, this would be the ultimate opener!

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 26 2010, 09:33 PM)
I would have to go with The Big Money! I always loved how that show started!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I thought the medley rocked...it was definitely surprising as well as refreshing.