Revived Classic

losingit2k

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Apr 27 2010, 03:29 PM)
I would love to see

Anthem
Bastille Day
Show Don't Tell

The first two are classics.

Anything written after Moving pictures is not old enough to be classic.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (2112RUSH2112 @ Apr 27 2010, 02:17 PM)
this really has nothing to do with the topic but i am rather young for a rush fan AND for some reason i think the way they do some of there songs now sound better then the original.(which i have every rush album) is this just because maybe i was introduced this late in their career??

Probably just means you don't have that same 'attachment' to the original version that some people have been listening to since they were released. Some folks who are super-attached to the original version probably listened to it thousands of times the original way, where a newer listener came into different versions at the same time. wink.gif

Nothing wrong with that, though. We have "Freewill" to enjoy them all! smile.gif

As for revived classic - I'd be thrilled to hear "Xanadu" on every tour for the rest of my life, honestly. But I feel the same way about Jacob's Ladder, too. smile.gif

Don't know about you chaps/chapesses, but I'd sure like to hear some tracks they used to play live from A Farewell To Kings. They've done Xanadu, a section from Cygnus X-1 and Closer To The Heart recently (ok for recently I mean in the last 10 years, they don't record/tour as much as they used to) but it would be nice to hear Cinderella Man and A Farewell To Kings. Might be candidates for down-tuning but it would be really cool to hear them.....

I have been pining for Jacobs Ladder...now we are getting it (ahmen) but I would also love to hear Marathon, Middletown Dreams and The Analog Kid.

Those tunes would be great. I think Marathon has a great shot as does The Analog Kid. Middletown would be a jaw dropping shocker...like Entre Nous and Circumstances were last tour.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 26 2010, 08:44 PM)
Other than TCE and JL, which old song do you think Rush will revive for this tour! I would like to see Countdown brought back onto a HD screen!

2.gif

1022.gif

Agreed, especially with the retirement of the Space Shuttles this year!

QUOTE (DetachedandSubdivided @ May 1 2010, 06:54 AM)
QUOTE (2112RUSH2112 @ Apr 27 2010, 02:17 PM)
this really has nothing to do with the topic but i am rather young for a rush fan AND for some reason i think the way they do some of there songs now sound better then the original.(which i have every rush album) is this just because maybe i was introduced this late in their career??

Probably just means you don't have that same 'attachment' to the original version that some people have been listening to since they were released. Some folks who are super-attached to the original version probably listened to it thousands of times the original way, where a newer listener came into different versions at the same time. wink.gif

Nothing wrong with that, though. We have "Freewill" to enjoy them all! smile.gif

As for revived classic - I'd be thrilled to hear "Xanadu" on every tour for the rest of my life, honestly. But I feel the same way about Jacob's Ladder, too. smile.gif

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (KillerInstinct @ Apr 27 2010, 08:53 PM)
The Weapon. Complete with 3D glasses.

Also, Lock & Key 1022.gif

I am DYING to hear "The Weapon" live again.

Wouldn't mind "Scars" either.

I've said it before and i'll say it again:

MARATHON!

That would be simply awesome!

Manhattan Project, Open Secrets, Analog Kid...........most of all The Weapon, if they play the weapon i'm going to need oxygen!!!! lol

Or anything off of Grace Under Pressure (-red lenses)

Edited by Paulio91184

A member over at a drum forum I frequent that has been privy to seeing Neil's new kit and some of the songs that will be played, has stated over on that forum that Marathon will be making a return to the setlist. I like Marathon a lot, but like Grand Designs, Emotion Detector, Middletown Dreams, and Territories a little better. Edited by PermanentDave's