What Drum Kit Will Neil Use?

Ted Barchetta

QUOTE (YYZ Working Man @ Apr 29 2010, 07:10 PM)
Bring back the Red Tamas
Or
Bring back the mohogony brown Tamas

He gave these kits away in a contest years ago and the one guy still plays the brown ones....maybe Neil could borrow them

yes.gif

Neil needs to bring out the double bass drums! 1022.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Apr 30 2010, 12:36 AM)
Oh and get rid of that electronic shit and bring back the real percussion!!

goodpost.gif

That would be pretty sweet Earl, but I don't see it happening.

Between carrying all that stuff around, and all of the setup...it probably won't happen.

But I definitely think that would be pretty cool!

QUOTE (YYZ Working Man @ Apr 29 2010, 10:10 PM)
Bring back the Red Tamas
Or
Bring back the mohogony brown Tamas

He gave these kits away in a contest years ago and the one guy still plays the brown ones....maybe Neil could borrow them

I think the guy who won the brown kit is a mod here. . .not sure, but I know he is a TRF member.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Apr 29 2010, 11:36 PM)

I have been asking for this for years. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 30 2010, 05:58 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Apr 30 2010, 12:36 AM)

goodpost.gif

That would be pretty sweet Earl, but I don't see it happening.

Between carrying all that stuff around, and all of the setup...it probably won't happen.

But I definitely think that would be pretty cool!

Indeed ED!!!!

It would be nice, but we all know it won't happen!

I bet Neil's Time Machine kit will be the same color as the Moving Pictures Tama kit.

Ah hell, he has to at least incorporate two bass drums in his kit!!

Both with STARMAN drum heads!!!

I've recieved a little info from an industry insider on this topic from another drum forum, and although everyone is being pretty tight lipped on the subject, I have managed to find out a couple of small details in that Neil's kit for this tour will be very close to his post-Gruber setup. It will be a steampunk inspired kit with copper hardware, "different and unique, but not too far over the top". Wish I knew more, but I figured i'd chime in with the little bit of info I know.

I doubt this will happen, but personally I'd love for Neil to bring back the "starman" bass drum skins. This being the time machine tour, thatd be a pretty cool thing to do. So damn classic!

QUOTE (JimboGames @ May 1 2010, 09:10 PM)
It's going to be a collection of iPods and iPads with the Drum Kit app on each.

pokey.gif

As said above, Neil needs to forgo the samples and bring back a new kit reminiscent of the the Moving Pictures/Exit Stage Left era complete with the old school percussion instruments. I especially want to see the iconic tubular bells rack behind the kit. Those are used at the end of Camera Eye I think.

Even though I'm wishing for the MP kit! I think he will go with the Hockey theme kit do to all the sound effects he triggers now!

But the kit will have the Time Machine Logo on it!

2.gif

Here is a little more info. In keeping with the "SteamPunk" theme that Neil's kit will have, here are a couple of pics of the new drum key that was custom made for Lorne Wheaton (Neil's drum tech) for this tour. I'm guessing the kit is going to look rather unique based on the tidbits of info I previously posted and now seeing this "themed" drum key.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs571.snc3/31182_1350272519191_1302704245_30987092_4975332_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs591.snc3/31182_1350281039404_1302704245_30987107_7032717_n.jpg

QUOTE (The Sphere @ May 14 2010, 09:25 AM)
I would think it will be a copper sparkle finish a la Time Machine stuff we've seen so far...

I think you're right, but im still holding out hope for the MP or Signals kit, or at the very least the classic starman bass drum skins

everyone can hold out for the old configurations all they want, but it's not going to happen. It's not like Alex pulling out a vintage guitar... Neil has played his current style set up for 14 years now. He's not going to go back and re learn his old style of playing. He hated the second basedrum and the acoustic percussion doesn't give him enough variety or control.

The actual setup will remain the same. The only thing that will likely change is the finish of the shells and hardware.

Matt