Farewell my friends!

KevinDallas

As much as this pains me I'm going to have to quit hanging out in this forum. The Snakes and Arrows tour was the first time I'd ever gone to a concert knowing the setlist. I feel like I really deprived myself of some goose bumps. For example, if I hadn't known they were going to play Digital Man I would have gone absolutely nuts! There should be quite a few surprises on this tour and I'm looking more forward to this show than just about any other time I've seen them. Plus, we already know at least a third of the setlist and I already see lots of spoilers here so I'm off! Adieu, auf wiedersehen, shalom, aloha, adios, arrivederci, see you at the venue!!!! bekloppt.gif

bekloppt.gif Dude!

I don't blame you one bit...I plan to be fully surprised at the shows too!

I will still hang around and hope that no-one spoils anything (threads without a spoiler' warning).

But you're doing the best thing...keep away from the Internet, and Rush sites specifically, and you should be fine! trink39.gif

I have to agree. There was a kind of magic concerning the concert night. I wrote the entire Presto setlist on my jeans so that my friend who could not go would know exactly what they played.

You dont have to leave yet. As usual we wont know the setlist til that first show in late june. Everything else would be rumors outside of what the band themselves talk about, which so far is just all of MP, Jacobs ladder, those 2 new songs, and thats it.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 24 2010, 09:51 AM)
You dont have to leave yet. As usual we wont know the setlist til that first show in late june. Everything else would be rumors outside of what the band themselves talk about, which so far is just all of MP, Jacobs ladder, those 2 new songs, and thats it.

That's not quite true. it's been confirmed they'll be playing Dog Years, War Paint, Rivendell, Virtuality, Face Up, I Think I'm Going Bald, Tai Shan, Good News First, High Water, Neurotica, Hand Over Fist, Freeze and Superconductor. yes.gif yes.gif no.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 24 2010, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 24 2010, 09:51 AM)

That's not quite true. it's been confirmed they'll be playing Dog Years, War Paint, Rivendell, Virtuality, Face Up, I Think I'm Going Bald, Tai Shan, Good News First, High Water, Neurotica, Hand Over Fist, Freeze and Superconductor. yes.gif yes.gif no.gif yes.gif

You know, I wouldnt actually rule out Freeze believe it or not. I know this is the time machine tour, which tells me it will be mostly old stuff (I hope!), but they are playing witch hunt, which opens the possibility that they will play all of fear as they did in the 80's, but now that would include Freeze.

I dont know though, I cant see them playing that song. I remember in the Far Cry intro there is that 1 very off beat note, well they didnt even play that live. They simplified it for some reason, I guess afraid they might screw it up, well that intro to Freeze is far more complex, very odd time signature. Cant see them doing that live if they had to simplify that far cry intro.