* Spoiler * Moving Pictures Setlist Placement

Score Out

A lot of posts at this one, so a few items of clarification:

* Moving Pictures will be played consecutively, in order - not sprinkled throughout the set.

* All the songs are in the same set

* There's no drum solo during YYZ

Hmm, I don't see them splitting MP with the break. I figure it will either close the first set or open the second.

QUOTE (Funky Chicken @ Apr 22 2010, 08:47 AM)
I'll bet the second set opens with a non-MP song followed by TS and the rest of MP. Gotta give the stragglers time to get back to their seats.

I doubt that--I'm guessing there will be a pretty extensive video entry into TS--Not the awesome South Park bit, but a new one reflecting Moving Pictures as a whole--perhaps a compilation of TS, Witch Hunt, Red Barchetta and Limelight videos. This will give the idiots (stragglers) time to get the F back to their seats.

The second set WILL begin with TS. I just BELIEVE it!

I am so freakin pumped. I don't think I'm going to make it to June 29

HW

QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 21 2010, 10:19 PM)
A lot of posts at this one, so a few items of clarification:

* Moving Pictures will be played consecutively, in order - not sprinkled throughout the set.

* All the songs are in the same set

* There's no drum solo during YYZ

Gee thanks. I didn't know you were planning the set list with the band sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 22 2010, 07:31 AM)
Hmm, I don't see them splitting MP with the break.  I figure it will either close the first set or open the second.

That would make perfect sense yes.gif trink39.gif

Apparently we need predictions for the obvious laugh.gif

I always crack up at the setlist prediction antics. I confess that I used to play this as well. At this stage of the game, I'm just happy to be able to see them again. I was afraid between 92 and 96 and 97 and 02 that I would never be able to enjoy a Rush concert again. Though I have setlist preferences, I would be happy if they played MP followed by Snakes and Arrows. It's still Rush and I love their live sound. That being said, I'm sure that however fantastic their setlist is, I will walk to my car pleased but wishing I heard something that was not played. The next morning, I will be counting it as a fantastic show. I was elated by the Pow and HYF setlists. Revisiting them now makes them appear empty of classic tunes. I'm gonna see TCE and Vital Signs again and that is enough for me

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Apr 22 2010, 05:02 PM)
Hmm, I don't see them splitting MP with the break.  I figure it will either close the first set or open the second.

Speaking of Captain obvious.

You Like mechanical dogs.

And Drink Piss.

smile.gif

QUOTE (Hi_Jinx @ Apr 22 2010, 07:20 PM)
QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Apr 22 2010, 05:02 PM)

Speaking of Captain obvious.

You Like mechanical dogs.

And Drink Piss.

smile.gif

How did you know?

But i prefer mechanical sheep and drink drool yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Apr 22 2010, 08:02 PM)

Apparently since someone, prior to my post, DOES think they're going to split MP between 1st and second sets, it's not quite as obvious as it seems to you. wink.gif

Remember: don't drink drool and drive.

QUOTE (hammer.2112 @ Apr 23 2010, 10:32 AM)
Will the guys use original instruments ?

Well-

Geddy's #1 Jazz Bass was used to record some of the songs on MP. I guess the Rick could come out again but I tend to doubt it.

Alex used his old Howard Roberts Fusion last tour on "Wind Blows". You can see that guitar on the ESL videos. I could see that guitar and the ES-355 being used-as far as the old Strat/Floyd Rose/Bill Lawrence Pickup "mutts" (the white and black ones) they would be the period correct guitars to use but who knows if he even still has them?