* Spoiler * The Opening Song is...

Score Out

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Score Out @ May 7 2010, 05:55 PM)
No long medleys. At least as of the set that's being brought into rehearsals. The R30 medley was conceived pretty late in the game so a late change is always possible.

Thanks for the info.... I'm most interested in the new songs. Have you heard any of them? If so, how do they seem?!

QUOTE (MUSICinTheABsTrAcT @ May 10 2010, 11:10 PM)
No long medleys.  At least as of the set that's being brought into rehearsals.  The R30 medley was conceived pretty late in the game so a late change is always possible.

Thanks for the info.... I'm most interested in the new songs. Have you heard any of them? If so, how do they seem?!

No I haven't. I'm as curious as anyone. If anyone has a copy, please forward it along! smile.gif

All I've heard is one review from someone who has heard them who said Caravan is a very strong song and really rocks.

QUOTE (Score Out @ May 10 2010, 11:39 PM)
No long medleys.  At least as of the set that's being brought into rehearsals.  The R30 medley was conceived pretty late in the game so a late change is always possible.

No I haven't. I'm as curious as anyone. If anyone has a copy, please forward it along! smile.gif

All I've heard is one review from someone who has heard them who said Caravan is a very strong song and really rocks.

applaudit.gif 1022.gif

Are these the same people that think S&A is a great album ?

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 11 2010, 08:37 PM)

Actually, no...

This is someone who is definitely more a fan of older material than newer material for whatever that's worth.

QUOTE (Score Out @ May 11 2010, 09:53 PM)

Actually, no...

This is someone who is definitely more a fan of older material than newer material for whatever that's worth.

1022.gif

Actually, no...

So...being a fan of the older stuff...does that mean you are satisfied with the setlist as you know it?

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 13 2010, 04:15 PM)

Actually, no...

So...being a fan of the older stuff...does that mean you are satisfied with the setlist as you know it?

I'm never satisfied with the setlist! smile.gif And the lack of rotation kills me. That said, I've left myself a couple of surprises still, but knowing most of it I'd say it's a strong setlist for Rush. There's a good mix of hits and some nice rare stuff (several of which are now public knowledge). It's far from B-Sides or all old material though so you have to go in being realistic. I'd say it's pretty similar to last tour's setlist in its structure in that there's a bunch of hits, a fair amount of new material (meaning the 2 new songs + about 5 snakes songs), a couple of "why do they keep playing this?" songs, and a half dozen or so songs that haven't been played in many years. I'd say it's a slightly better setlist than last tour but it's definitely not heavy on 70s material - especially after you get past the obvious songs.

QUOTE (Score Out @ May 13 2010, 08:01 PM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 13 2010, 04:15 PM)

Actually, no...

I'm never satisfied with the setlist! smile.gif And the lack of rotation kills me. That said, I've left myself a couple of surprises still, but knowing most of it I'd say it's a strong setlist for Rush. There's a good mix of hits and some nice rare stuff (several of which are now public knowledge). It's far from B-Sides or all old material though so you have to go in being realistic. I'd say it's pretty similar to last tour's setlist in its structure in that there's a bunch of hits, a fair amount of new material (meaning the 2 new songs + about 5 snakes songs), a couple of "why do they keep playing this?" songs, and a half dozen or so songs that haven't been played in many years. I'd say it's a slightly better setlist than last tour but it's definitely not heavy on 70s material - especially after you get past the obvious songs.

Thanks Score Out for the info...and sharing what you can. smile.gif I really appreciate it.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 21 2010, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 21 2010, 09:17 PM)

Not Far Cry

This makes me smile biggrin.gif [if true]

I love Far Cry but I don't think they'll open with it. Maybe One Little Victory?

QUOTE (Bluefish @ May 13 2010, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 21 2010, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 21 2010, 09:17 PM)

Not Far Cry

This makes me smile biggrin.gif [if true]

I love Far Cry but I don't think they'll open with it. Maybe One Little Victory?

Keep in mind that songs like Far Cry & One Little Victory are pyro/visual songs and those natural come later in the show once its dark.