* Spoiler * The Opening Song is...

Score Out

QUOTE (powerwindows @ Apr 22 2010, 02:30 PM)
Oh for Christ's sake......NOBODY on this forum knows anything for sure! We do know that they are playing Moving Pictures in it's entirety...two new songs (one is named Caravan) and Jacob's Ladder (according to a new interview on Rush is a band by Alex). Other than that, speculate all you want, but nobody knows what the opener will be yet. In fact, I would imagine that Rush themselves have only recently finalized the set-list to give the engineers time to start pre-production on lighting, audio, and visuals while the band works through rehearsals. Mid May should see the band get together and start running through the entire show on a semi-permamanet basis for rehearsals to work out the kinks.

However, given the criteria on the question at hand......my money is on The Spirit of Radio but I am hoping for a vault type of song like Analog Kid or Afterimage followed by an even more rare gem like Kid Gloves or Chemistry.

The key to the Time Machine Tour is Geddy's vocals.........I doubt we'll see Hemisphere's, Cinderella Man, Anthem, Bastille Day, or A Farewell To Kings unless they are in medley form. As much as I would LOVE to see it again, those days and tours are over (glad I got to see them back then though).

Either way...it's Rush, so it will kick ass!

afterimage to start the show? good tune but not to start off.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it is a Time Machine tour, could it possibly start with the first album and move through the ages? I picture the show starting with some sort of time machine graphic with them starting with something really early.

If it isn't that, I am still sticking with Tom Sawyer and then the entire Moving Pictures album in sequential order.

I'm goin to say the Spirit of the Radio because A) it's my favorite Rush song and 2) it's old and Permanent Waves is celebrating it's 30th anniversery so maybe that will influence there decision to pick it

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 21 2010, 09:50 PM)
Please, I want Dreamline retired this time out. Not the opener. It's a great song, but time for a break.

If they retire it, my DH won't know any other song in the show! laugh.gif I swear, it's not that he actually likes the song, but he loves the lasers that they've always used for it.

Oh for Christ's sake......NOBODY on this forum knows anything for sure! We do know that they are playing Moving Pictures in it's entirety...two new songs (one is named Caravan) and Jacob's Ladder (according to a new interview on Rush is a band by Alex). Other than that, speculate all you want, but nobody knows what the opener will be yet. In fact, I would imagine that Rush themselves have only recently finalized the set-list to give the engineers time to start pre-production on lighting, audio, and visuals while the band works through rehearsals. Mid May should see the band get together and start running through the entire show on a semi-permamanet basis for rehearsals to work out the kinks.

However, given the criteria on the question at hand......my money is on The Spirit of Radio but I am hoping for a vault type of song like Analog Kid or Afterimage followed by an even more rare gem like Kid Gloves or Chemistry.

The key to the Time Machine Tour is Geddy's vocals.........I doubt we'll see Hemisphere's, Cinderella Man, Anthem, Bastille Day, or A Farewell To Kings unless they are in medley form. As much as I would LOVE to see it again, those days and tours are over (glad I got to see them back then though).

I'm sorry but you're incorrect. What I post I do know for sure - or else I'd state that it was opinion and not fact. There could always be some tweaks to the setlist in rehearsals (recall that the R30 Overture came about late in the game) but the setlist was created about 6 weeks ago.

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Apr 22 2010, 06:43 PM)
QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 22 2010, 11:42 AM)
I'm not going to say what the song is but with the hints provided and some logic applied it should be pretty easy to narrow down.  I'd just add again that I'm referring to a song where you won't be debating the definition of "hit."  It's one of their big songs.

A time machine tour and they're going to open with a big hit ?

No way man i don't believe it laugh.gif

Seriously, not much of a prediction no.gif

You post a lot like Drew2112 from counterparts yes.gif

Thanks for the sarcasm but it wasn't meant to be a prediction. I was posting facts. I'm sorry if they weren't exciting.

Difference between me and Drew2112 is that everything I've posted over the past several months has actually happened and turned out to be true. biggrin.gif

I think most people are in denial that they are ONCE AGAIN opening with Spirit of Radio. I, myself, am in denial about it. And I hope you are incorrect, though I'm not calling you a liar. It's just that they have like 180 songs and they choose the same few to open with everytime. I think I'd rather hear ANYTHING besides TSOR, TS, or LL to open the show this time.

I actually think TSOR is by far the best opener they have in their catalogue. The energy is perfect, it's a quintessential Rush song, and I wouldn't really mind if they opened with it every time.

QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 23 2010, 01:08 PM)
Oh for Christ's sake......NOBODY on this forum knows anything for sure!  We do know that they are playing Moving Pictures in it's entirety...two new songs (one is named Caravan) and Jacob's Ladder (according to a new interview on Rush is a band by Alex).  Other than that, speculate all you want, but nobody knows what the opener will be yet.  In fact, I would imagine that Rush themselves have only recently finalized the set-list to give the engineers time to start pre-production on lighting, audio, and visuals while the band works through rehearsals.  Mid May should see the band get together and start running through the entire show on a semi-permamanet basis for rehearsals to work out the kinks.

The key to the Time Machine Tour is Geddy's vocals.........I doubt we'll see Hemisphere's, Cinderella Man, Anthem, Bastille Day, or A Farewell To Kings unless they are in medley form.  As much as I would LOVE to see it again, those days and tours are over (glad I got to see them back then though). 

I'm sorry but you're incorrect. What I post I do know for sure - or else I'd state that it was opinion and not fact. There could always be some tweaks to the setlist in rehearsals (recall that the R30 Overture came about late in the game) but the setlist was created about 6 weeks ago.

If you are 100% sure of the opening song, as you claim, my question would be your source and whether or not you know the entire set-list?

QUOTE (powerwindows @ Apr 24 2010, 07:39 AM)
Oh for Christ's sake......NOBODY on this forum knows anything for sure!  We do know that they are playing Moving Pictures in it's entirety...two new songs (one is named Caravan) and Jacob's Ladder (according to a new interview on Rush is a band by Alex).  Other than that, speculate all you want, but nobody knows what the opener will be yet.  In fact, I would imagine that Rush themselves have only recently finalized the set-list to give the engineers time to start pre-production on lighting, audio, and visuals while the band works through rehearsals.  Mid May should see the band get together and start running through the entire show on a semi-permamanet basis for rehearsals to work out the kinks.

The key to the Time Machine Tour is Geddy's vocals.........I doubt we'll see Hemisphere's, Cinderella Man, Anthem, Bastille Day, or A Farewell To Kings unless they are in medley form.  As much as I would LOVE to see it again, those days and tours are over (glad I got to see them back then though). 

If you are 100% sure of the opening song, as you claim, my question would be your source and whether or not you know the entire set-list?

His source is internet rumors. As with every other tour theyve ever done, we've never known what the exact setlist was before opening night.

I'm not going to give sources - sorry. I think we went through this on the tour postings a month or two ago.

As far as the setlist, let's say I have access to the whole thing. I know the setlist conceptually and just about everything that's going to be in there however I want to leave a few surprises for myself.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 24 2010, 02:33 PM)

His source is internet rumors. As with every other tour theyve ever done, we've never known what the exact setlist was before opening night.

You're a nincompoop. Last time you made such silly accusations you ended up embarrasing yourself with these gems:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?act=...dpost&p=1900709

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?act=...dpost&p=1900713

My guess, based on the hints given, is it will be one of the following songs. I'm going to assume MP will be played in its entirety in song order, and that it won't open the show:

Fly By Night

Closer to the Heart

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Subdivisions

Distant Early Warning

The Big Money

I would love it to be Closer to the Heart - that'd make a fantastic opener. The Spirit of Radio is how I always remember them opening shows, so that would be a great one too.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Apr 24 2010, 06:01 AM)
2112 gets my vote. They should do the whole thing aswell.

This is what i want also, but i think Dreamline. Oh yeah, i hate that f-n song so i hope i am wrong laugh.gif

QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 24 2010, 03:26 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 24 2010, 02:33 PM)

You're a nincompoop. Last time you made such silly accusations you ended up embarrasing yourself with these gems:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?act=...dpost&p=1900709

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?act=...dpost&p=1900713

Dude I hope you're really Geddy because if you are these posts are awesome. 1022.gif