* Spoiler * The Opening Song is...

Score Out

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Score Out @ May 17 2010, 04:07 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 17 2010, 12:20 PM)
Did i read this right? 5 S&A songs ? You have to be F-n kidding me

Unfortunately not. 5 or 6.

Super

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ May 17 2010, 10:17 PM)
I think there should be a law against posting the word 'SPOILER' in a thread title and then let 12+ pages go by without even revealing said spoiler. If you're gonna post a spoiler, then post it. If not, then don't bother making the damn thread to begin with!  dazed025.gif

Agreed. So, here it is. As of right now, the opener is... Spirit of Radio!

BTW: yes, the plan is to play 5 or 6 S&A songs.

Of course, there's always a possibility of things being moved around once they start full rehearsals in a few weeks.

Is everyone happy now? tongue.gif

Edited by FOH Lights

QUOTE (Handle With Kid Gloves @ May 18 2010, 09:21 AM)
I'm definitely checking out the setlist long before they make it to my little corner of Canada. I have to agree with the people who say, who cares if they play 5 or 6 songs off S&A? It's a great album and any Rush is welcome.

I care. If I wanted to to see the S&A tour again, I'd save my money and watch the DVD.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 18 2010, 09:38 AM)
I'm not one to usually complain and I hate being negative, but damn.....5 or 6 S&A songs? Way too much time dedicated to that album. Again.

Damn right

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 18 2010, 11:09 AM)
I'm not one to usually complain and I hate being negative, but damn.....5 or 6 S&A songs? Way too much time dedicated to that album. Again.

Damn right

Well, at least they're not playing 9 S&A songs like last tour. tongue.gif

It will really depend on the songs and the placement. Hopefully they'll spread them out more this time. But I wouldn't mind seeing these again:

Far Cry

Armor and Sword

Workin' Them Angels

The Main Monkey Business

The Way The Wind Blows

Malignant Narcissism

QUOTE (PariahDog @ May 18 2010, 11:52 AM)

Damn right

It will really depend on the songs and the placement. Hopefully they'll spread them out more this time. But I wouldn't mind seeing these again:

Far Cry

Armor and Sword

Workin' Them Angels

The Main Monkey Business

The Way The Wind Blows

Malignant Narcissism

I can take Spindrift and Armor and Sword, the rest can shit a pickle biggrin.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 18 2010, 11:56 AM)
QUOTE (PariahDog @ May 18 2010, 11:52 AM)

Damn right

Far Cry

Armor and Sword

Workin' Them Angels

The Main Monkey Business

The Way The Wind Blows

Malignant Narcissism

I can take Spindrift and Armor and Sword, the rest can shit a pickle biggrin.gif

Actually, Spindrift is one I didn't dig as much live, though I like the studio version.

I think MalNar will probably be played and will lead into the drum solo like last tour. (Especially since YYZ will be played during the MP set and probably won't include the solo.)

Edited by PariahDog

I'm with you on Spindrift. Seemed to drag in concert. Of all the tunes, I'd like to hear TWTWB in the context of other songs. As someone said either here or another thread, by the time they got to that one, most of the folks around me were pretty weary of new music.

But I think it was the standout live track for me from S&A.

QUOTE (PariahDog @ May 18 2010, 12:04 PM)

Actually, Spindrift is one I didn't dig as much live, though I like the studio version.

Really ? I loved it live . I think most of the S&A songs were better live But, i am not the biggest fan of that album so.................. wink.gif

QUOTE (SpiritOfRush @ May 18 2010, 12:50 PM)
I personally don't care what they play...after all it's RUSH and anything they throw at you is light years better than the crud others dish out these days.

You got that right. yes.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 18 2010, 01:11 PM)

Really ? I loved it live . I think most of the S&A songs were better live But, i am not the biggest fan of that album so.................. wink.gif

Hearing Spindrift live totally changed my perspective on that song. I hadn't cared too much for it up to that point.

I haven't really listened to much Snakes in the past several months, so I won't complain much about the inclusion on the setlist. Besides, it's not set in stone yet.

Who could complain about MalNar and TMMB? confused13.gif Both rock. yes.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ May 18 2010, 01:00 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 18 2010, 01:11 PM)

Hearing Spindrift live totally changed my perspective on that song. I hadn't cared too much for it up to that point.

I haven't really listened to much Snakes in the past several months, so I won't complain much about the inclusion on the setlist. Besides, it's not set in stone yet.

Who could complain about MalNar and TMMB? confused13.gif Both rock. yes.gif

They have Much better instrumentals than those imo

QUOTE (dakota2112 @ May 18 2010, 11:24 AM)
Unless I've missed something, S&A is still their newest album... wacko.gif

S&A being the most recent album is not really a reason to play 5-6 songs from it.

They did that on the last two tours.

This is supposed to be the Time Machine Tour. It's sounding more like the Moving Pictures / Snakes & Arrows tour. Very disappointing.

Quite honestly, S&A isn't even that good.

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 18 2010, 06:32 PM)

But...but...But Alex went on record saying he felt that it was one of their best...

confused13.gif

QUOTE (Solitudeix @ May 18 2010, 08:30 PM)

But...but...But Alex went on record saying he felt that it was one of their best...

confused13.gif

laugh.gif He was really Wrong

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 18 2010, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (Solitudeix @ May 18 2010, 08:30 PM)

confused13.gif

laugh.gif He was really Wrong

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ May 17 2010, 06:52 PM)
QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ May 17 2010, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 17 2010, 12:20 PM)
Did i read this right? 5 S&A songs ? You have to be F-n kidding me

If so, I'm going to have holler horse apples.

Five or six songs from that album? Enough with S&A, guys. Really.

Sounds like they are going to make sure they get their money's worth out of the lights and video.

That's some disappointing news, right there.

Well, let's see...

If it's Farcry, Hope, TMMB, MalNar, and one they didn't do last time (preferably We Hold On), I'd have zero problem with this.

goodpost.gif I concur. Good call on We Hold On! I happen to like (much of) Snakes & Arrows. I can think of worse they could spend more time on...Presto, for instance, imo. Although I would almost bet the farm we'll being hearing, The Pass. All that being said, I understand being upset. If we're missing Hemispheres (Book 1 and/or 2) for 4-5 S&A songs...that sucks! But, like someone else posted...it's Rush....I'll even force myself to like Time Stand Still...from the 3rd row - center... common001.gif