* Spoiler * The Opening Song is...

Score Out

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 19 2010, 01:08 PM)

And I don't care what Alex said...that album really isn't that good.

trink39.gif

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, I'm not sure if it was mentioned by anybody yet, but how about the possibility of the opener being one of their grea instrumentals like "La Villa Strangiato". They didn't play this one last tour, and it is my favourite Rush song, so it would be very welcomed!

Spirit of Radio is my best guess from the criteria though. Either way, they're going to start out with a bang.. this is Rush we're talking about! smile.gif

QUOTE (Jhill @ May 19 2010, 05:21 PM)
2.gif Okay Mr. Seeker, if you know something just spill it...

How about Cygnus X-1 Book II ??

I'd pitch in a couple hundred extra to hear them pull that from the archives... 2.gif

Book 2 including everything past Prelude? Sure, I'll throw in a couple hundred too!

QUOTE (Jhill @ May 19 2010, 05:21 PM)
2.gif Okay Mr. Seeker, if you know something just spill it...

How about Cygnus X-1 Book II ??

I'd pitch in a couple hundred extra to hear them pull that from the archives... 2.gif

Me too! trink39.gif ...of course, you already knew that...

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 20 2010, 03:10 AM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 19 2010, 01:08 PM)

And I don't care what Alex said...that album really isn't that good.

trink39.gif

I can't remember an album where Alex DIDN'T say (when it was the most recent release) that it was one of their best. But naturally he'd say that since that's what he's promoting and that's what's fresh

There is another consideration to Score Out's opening song proposal - Tom Sawyer. I mean, is it really THAT far-fetched for them to open with MP?

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 21 2010, 10:39 AM)
FOH Lights has already confirmed what everyone thought...TSOR.

I was thinking the post from "Lights" was simply a 'summation' of what had been proposed on the thread thus far. Score Out has never named the actual song - simply, it was a "HIT...that even a non-Rush fan would know." That would include Tom Sawyer. Of course, I might've missed something.

QUOTE (Solitudeix @ May 18 2010, 08:30 PM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 18 2010, 06:32 PM)
Quite honestly, S&A isn't even that good.

But...but...But Alex went on record saying he felt that it was one of their best...

confused13.gif

He's trying to sell albums, and its fresh and exciting to him, and they're getting older, I really think they lose their perspective on their older work. They said they dont even listen to their own albums, so how could they really say what's the best?

Its the best to them at the time bc its new, but when I listen to it I cant help but compare it to all their other albums, and its just not nearly as good as most of them. There's some really weak songs on that album, so yeah, I hope they dont play any of it.

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 18 2010, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (Solitudeix @ May 18 2010, 08:30 PM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 18 2010, 06:32 PM)
Quite honestly, S&A isn't even that good.

But...but...But Alex went on record saying he felt that it was one of their best...

confused13.gif

laugh.gif He was really Wrong

laugh.gif

QUOTE (bigalfan @ May 21 2010, 10:57 AM)

I was thinking the post from "Lights" was simply a 'summation' of what had been proposed on the thread thus far. Score Out has never named the actual song - simply, it was a "HIT...that even a non-Rush fan would know." That would include Tom Sawyer. Of course, I might've missed something.

Could be...although I think their "source" is the same person.

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 21 2010, 04:07 PM)

Ahhh-HA! (...now adding to my newbie 'good to know' list) new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ May 18 2010, 09:12 AM)
QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ May 17 2010, 10:17 PM)
I think there should be a law against posting the word 'SPOILER' in a thread title and then let 12+ pages go by without even revealing said spoiler. If you're gonna post a spoiler, then post it. If not, then don't bother making the damn thread to begin with!  dazed025.gif

Agreed. So, here it is. As of right now, the opener is... Spirit of Radio!

BTW: yes, the plan is to play 5 or 6 S&A songs.

Of course, there's always a possibility of things being moved around once they start full rehearsals in a few weeks.

Is everyone happy now? tongue.gif

Depends on the 5 or 6 songs....I can say I only REALLY like 4 of 'em

Far Cry

Main Monkey Business

Malignant Narcissism

Way the Wind Blows

As long as these 4 make it, (and I imagine the top 3 are locks), I can stomach a 5th....which I imagine will be Armor and Sword, which everyone in the Rush camp seems to feel is the greatest thing they've ever done, but I just can't get into...

Deep Throat?

QUOTE (quickfree @ May 21 2010, 06:26 PM)

Deep Throat?

biggrin.gif

Nope, different sources.

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ May 21 2010, 09:47 PM)

Nope, different sources.

Ok..I stand corrected. Maybe I got confused with an earlier thread which suggested that was the case.

I'm Still going with 2112/Overture!

This would be a great start! Followed by Freewill!

I don't understand why anyone would be excited to hear stuff like 2112 or Xanadu at 7:00 in bright daylight while a third of the crowd is still trying to find their seats. That would royally suck.

Although I much preferred when they played indoors, even the outdoor shows would be a lot better if they started an hour or so later. Most people don't get home until midnight anyway, what difference would it make to be another hour later? I just think having a huge part of the show (most of the first set) in daylight really detracts from the energy of the whole thing. It feels less like an intense musical event and more like some July 4th concert at the park. I sure am glad I got to see them indoors in 2008 again in Austin. I completely understand that things have changed but it's just not as exciting as when the lights would go totally dark indoors right as the show started and it was generally much louder in most cases too.

Oh well, I'm just getting old.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 23 2010, 07:53 PM)

I don't understand why anyone would be excited to hear stuff like 2112 or Xanadu at 7:00 in bright daylight while a third of the crowd is still trying to find their seats. That would royally suck.

Although I much preferred when they played indoors, even the outdoor shows would be a lot better if they started an hour or so later. Most people don't get home until midnight anyway, what difference would it make to be another hour later? I just think having a huge part of the show (most of the first set) in daylight really detracts from the energy of the whole thing. It feels less like an intense musical event and more like some July 4th concert at the park. I sure am glad I got to see them indoors in 2008 again in Austin. I completely understand that things have changed but it's just not as exciting as when the lights would go totally dark indoors right as the show started and it was generally much louder in most cases too.

I completely agree on the indoor shows. That's why I'm going all the way across the country to see them in Vegas.

Of course the fact that it's Vegas had nothing to do with my decision tongue.gif

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ May 21 2010, 09:47 PM)

Nope, different sources.

Yeah man, one is Geddy and this one's Neil.

I mean DUH, right? wink.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 21 2010, 06:03 PM)
QUOTE (FOH Lights @ May 18 2010, 09:12 AM)
QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ May 17 2010, 10:17 PM)
I think there should be a law against posting the word 'SPOILER' in a thread title and then let 12+ pages go by without even revealing said spoiler. If you're gonna post a spoiler, then post it. If not, then don't bother making the damn thread to begin with!  dazed025.gif

Agreed. So, here it is. As of right now, the opener is... Spirit of Radio!

BTW: yes, the plan is to play 5 or 6 S&A songs.

Of course, there's always a possibility of things being moved around once they start full rehearsals in a few weeks.

Is everyone happy now? tongue.gif

Depends on the 5 or 6 songs....I can say I only REALLY like 4 of 'em

Far Cry

Main Monkey Business

Malignant Narcissism

Way the Wind Blows

As long as these 4 make it, (and I imagine the top 3 are locks), I can stomach a 5th....which I imagine will be Armor and Sword, which everyone in the Rush camp seems to feel is the greatest thing they've ever done, but I just can't get into...

S&A is pretty good, I like it more than Test for Echo as an overall album.

Hearing 3 S&A songs or so would be cool, and I'm with the "Armor & Sword rules" camp. ...Even if I thought the battle flags WERE flown at the feet of a garden gnome. 1022.gif

Edited by Del_Duio

Well if they are playing 5 songs from S&A I think it should be these:

Far Cry

Main Monkey Business

MalNar

Working them Angels

and:

Wait for it! Wait for it!

Faithless

Like that we hear something from S&A we haven't heard! I still wonder why they didn't play on the S&A Live tour?

confused13.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 24 2010, 08:43 AM)

Wait for it! Wait for it!

Faithless

I still wonder why they didn't play on the S&A Live tour?

confused13.gif

That would be because it sucks ?

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 23 2010, 07:53 PM)

this has as much to do with union labor and overtime as anything else.