* Spoiler * The Opening Song is...

Score Out

My prediction is Working Man.

If they go chronologically that would make the most sense. That was the first song that received airplay in the US and started their extensive touring. The song is powerful, a very well recognized hit and seems appropriate since the boys have been "Working Men" their entire careers.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 13 2010, 09:10 PM)
QUOTE (Score Out @ May 13 2010, 08:01 PM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 13 2010, 04:15 PM)
QUOTE (Score Out @ May 11 2010, 09:53 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 11 2010, 08:37 PM)
QUOTE (Score Out @ May 10 2010, 11:39 PM)
QUOTE (MUSICinTheABsTrAcT @ May 10 2010, 11:10 PM)
QUOTE (Score Out @ May 7 2010, 05:55 PM)
No long medleys.  At least as of the set that's being brought into rehearsals.  The R30 medley was conceived pretty late in the game so a late change is always possible.

Thanks for the info.... I'm most interested in the new songs. Have you heard any of them? If so, how do they seem?!

No I haven't. I'm as curious as anyone. If anyone has a copy, please forward it along! smile.gif

All I've heard is one review from someone who has heard them who said Caravan is a very strong song and really rocks.

Are these the same people that think S&A is a great album ?

Actually, no...

This is someone who is definitely more a fan of older material than newer material for whatever that's worth.

So...being a fan of the older stuff...does that mean you are satisfied with the setlist as you know it?

I'm never satisfied with the setlist! smile.gif And the lack of rotation kills me. That said, I've left myself a couple of surprises still, but knowing most of it I'd say it's a strong setlist for Rush. There's a good mix of hits and some nice rare stuff (several of which are now public knowledge). It's far from B-Sides or all old material though so you have to go in being realistic. I'd say it's pretty similar to last tour's setlist in its structure in that there's a bunch of hits, a fair amount of new material (meaning the 2 new songs + about 5 snakes songs), a couple of "why do they keep playing this?" songs, and a half dozen or so songs that haven't been played in many years. I'd say it's a slightly better setlist than last tour but it's definitely not heavy on 70s material - especially after you get past the obvious songs.

Thanks Score Out for the info...and sharing what you can. smile.gif I really appreciate it.

Hopefully not too many VT songs????

QUOTE (Score Out @ May 7 2010, 03:55 PM)
No long medleys. At least as of the set that's being brought into rehearsals. The R30 medley was conceived pretty late in the game so a late change is always possible.

if they're not playing Moving Pictures in it's entirety.....is that not gonna be a medley?

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 15 2010, 11:41 PM)
No long medleys.  At least as of the set that's being brought into rehearsals.  The R30 medley was conceived pretty late in the game so a late change is always possible.

if they're not playing Moving Pictures in it's entirety.....is that not gonna be a medley?

Who said Rush is not playing the Moving Pictures album in its entirety?

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ May 15 2010, 06:18 PM)
My prediction is Working Man.

If they go chronologically that would make the most sense. That was the first song that received airplay in the US and started their extensive touring. The song is powerful, a very well recognized hit and seems appropriate since the boys have been "Working Men" their entire careers.

The show isn't going chronologically or any gimmick like that. Thankfully. Would make for a pretty weak 2nd set and encore...

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 15 2010, 06:41 PM)

Nope. Only one in the setlist that I've seen. I've left myself a couple of surprises so I can't swear there isn't a second song but that would be the most and odds are it's just one.

QUOTE (Score Out @ May 16 2010, 01:10 AM)

Nope. Only one in the setlist that I've seen. I've left myself a couple of surprises so I can't swear there isn't a second song but that would be the most and odds are it's just one.

Oh wow, pretty much solidifies which one is staying then.

tongue.gif

Here is my prediction, and its based on seeing every Rush tour since Hemispheres. I think they should, and will, open this tour with XANADU.

When Yes opened the Masterworks tour with Close To The Edge it really brought down the house, a masterful way to immediately mesmerize an audience.

Imagine it if you will, my friends...

QUOTE (rushthroughtime @ May 16 2010, 10:53 AM)
Here is my prediction, and its based on seeing every Rush tour since Hemispheres. I think they should, and will, open this tour with XANADU.

When Yes opened the Masterworks tour with Close To The Edge it really brought down the house, a masterful way to immediately mesmerize an audience.

Imagine it if you will, my friends...

I don't think Xanadu would work well in daylight, which is what the first song will be in for most of the tour. Now, if they were in arenas instead of sheds... 1022.gif

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ May 15 2010, 10:15 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 15 2010, 11:41 PM)

Who said Rush is not playing the Moving Pictures album in its entirety?

Alex...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=55296

Did i read this right? 5 S&A songs ? You have to be F-n kidding me

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 17 2010, 12:20 PM)

If so, I'm going to have holler horse apples.

Five or six songs from that album? Enough with S&A, guys. Really.

Sounds like they are going to make sure they get their money's worth out of the lights and video.

That's some disappointing news, right there.

QUOTE (Score Out @ May 16 2010, 12:10 AM)

Score Out, you should tell us what you know, some of us would like to hear...

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ May 17 2010, 04:45 PM)

Sounds like they are going to make sure they get their money's worth out of the lights and video.

Well, let's see...

If it's Farcry, Hope, TMMB, MalNar, and one they didn't do last time (preferably We Hold On), I'd have zero problem with this.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ May 17 2010, 06:52 PM)

Well, let's see...

If it's Farcry, Hope, TMMB, MalNar, and one they didn't do last time (preferably We Hold On), I'd have zero problem with this.

I paid to see those songs twice on the last tour, and while I liked them I don't want to see S&A Live 2.

If this is the Time Machine Tour, then go back farther than 2007 and do more than interchange three or four songs from the regular setlist.

JMHO.

About unplayed songs or ones never played live.

From the stuff, I'm hearing in this thread they bring back songs they've played before but nothing about unpremiered songs.

Of course, they could change their minds in rehearsal which are apparently happening right now.

Anyone know the location? Somewhere in Canada, LA?

Bueller?

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ May 17 2010, 07:35 PM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ May 17 2010, 06:52 PM)

Well, let's see...

I paid to see those songs twice on the last tour, and while I liked them I don't want to see S&A Live 2.

If this is the Time Machine Tour, then go back farther than 2007 and do more than interchange three or four songs from the regular setlist.

JMHO.

I agree I don't wanna hear S&A live again

I think there should be a law against posting the word 'SPOILER' in a thread title and then let 12+ pages go by without even revealing said spoiler. If you're gonna post a spoiler, then post it. If not, then don't bother making the damn thread to begin with! dazed025.gif

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ May 17 2010, 10:45 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 17 2010, 10:43 PM)
new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I'm not gunna get mad at the rumors about the songs from S&A in the set, at this point its still a rumor

Too much perspective.

Thank you, kind sir.

2.gif

Even if they are true its Rush and all of Rush's music is good just some is better than the other, so in my eyes its a win-win 653.gif