* Spoiler * The Opening Song is...

Score Out

QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 22 2010, 12:46 AM)
For clarification, "hit" = HIT!

ie - a song non-Rush fans know, a radio song, a concert staple. Meaning fewer than 10 of those in their catalog. Not One Little Victory, Time Stand Still or Roll The Bones type songs.

How about the first song on Moving Pictures?

Then the second song, and then the third and so on till they reach the end of Moving Pictures ....

Sorry if this post was a spoiler.... doh.gif

Um, no I'm not...

applaudit.gif

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving Pictures opening the show...would also work really good.

I hope they play it straight through...with limted interuptions..maybe a hello after Red Barchetta...then just the songs till the end of Vital Signs before we hear another word from Geddy.

QUOTE (Todem @ May 1 2010, 07:04 PM)
Moving Pictures opening the show...would also work really good.

I hope they play it straight through...with limted interuptions..maybe a hello after Red Barchetta...then just the songs till the end of Vital Signs before we hear another word from Geddy.

It's already been confirmed by Alex they will play MP in it's proper order. When and where it shows up in the setlist, remains to be seen.

I suspect they will open the 2nd set with it.

QUOTE (Runninggod2112 @ Apr 28 2010, 09:23 PM)
You are all wrong because the opening sing is going to be Finding My Way and not Spirit of Radio 653.gif

cool10.gif and welcome. What is an opening Sing ? wink.gif

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Apr 29 2010, 05:43 PM)
I think The Analog Kid would be an awesome opener.

Perhaps that's just because i'm listening to it right now.

Great song!

Oh I SO agree. I want them to play The Analog Kid so much. It's one of my absolute favorite songs and it always gives me chills when I listen to it.

You move me, you move me...

I have this weird feeling that the new song, "Caravan," is an instrumental and they'll open with that and go right into "Far Cry," followed by "The Spirit of Radio."

Geddy said that the new song sounds much like "The Main Monkey Business" and "Far Cry."

Which would be a very cool beginning, wouldn't you agree?

~RGLT

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

I do believe Score Out has 'some' inside knowledge but I hope he is wrong. In the true spirit of a Time Machine I would love them to open with Finding My Way or Anthem, maybe Bastille Day. Starting the concert with Moving Pictures ( Tom Sawyer ) would work for me too.

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ May 6 2010, 09:32 AM)
In the true spirit of a Time Machine I would love them to open with Finding My Way or Anthem, maybe Bastille Day.

That won't happen unless they do another medley like R30. No vocals.

Having said that, a medley at some point in the show, like during the encore, would not surprise me in the least.

Please drop all kinds of medleys or something like that (allthough I must admit that the R30 medley was, and still is, quiet strong). I still get the shivers of the RTB tour, where they abbreviated Xanadu to switch to Superconductor. banghead.gif

Open with Bastille Day, and everything will be just fine.

I think you can pretty much bank it will be TSOR or Freewill. They are going to open with a radio hit / fan favorite.

And since most shows are outdoors with available daylight....it has to be a song that doesn't rely on lighting effects such as Far Cry or Dreamline.

These will come later in the show.

As far as opening with MP, I doubt it. They will probably have a huge production with accompanying videos and such. Again, later in the show when it's dark might be better suited. And, I'm sure they will want to create some anticipation.

I have no inside knowledge, just a guess. But I can't frickin wait to find out!!!

QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 26 2010, 01:46 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 25 2010, 05:21 AM)
QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 24 2010, 03:21 PM)
QUOTE (powerwindows @ Apr 24 2010, 07:39 AM)
QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 23 2010, 01:08 PM)
QUOTE (powerwindows @ Apr 22 2010, 02:30 PM)
Oh for Christ's sake......NOBODY on this forum knows anything for sure!  We do know that they are playing Moving Pictures in it's entirety...two new songs (one is named Caravan) and Jacob's Ladder (according to a new interview on Rush is a band by Alex).  Other than that, speculate all you want, but nobody knows what the opener will be yet.  In fact, I would imagine that Rush themselves have only recently finalized the set-list to give the engineers time to start pre-production on lighting, audio, and visuals while the band works through rehearsals.  Mid May should see the band get together and start running through the entire show on a semi-permamanet basis for rehearsals to work out the kinks.

However, given the criteria on the question at hand......my money is on The Spirit of Radio but I am hoping for a vault type of song like Analog Kid or Afterimage followed by an even more rare gem like Kid Gloves or Chemistry.

The key to the Time Machine Tour is Geddy's vocals.........I doubt we'll see Hemisphere's, Cinderella Man, Anthem, Bastille Day, or A Farewell To Kings unless they are in medley form.  As much as I would LOVE to see it again, those days and tours are over (glad I got to see them back then though). 

Either way...it's Rush, so it will kick ass!

I'm sorry but you're incorrect. What I post I do know for sure - or else I'd state that it was opinion and not fact. There could always be some tweaks to the setlist in rehearsals (recall that the R30 Overture came about late in the game) but the setlist was created about 6 weeks ago.

If you are 100% sure of the opening song, as you claim, my question would be your source and whether or not you know the entire set-list?

I'm not going to give sources - sorry. I think we went through this on the tour postings a month or two ago.

As far as the setlist, let's say I have access to the whole thing. I know the setlist conceptually and just about everything that's going to be in there however I want to leave a few surprises for myself.

Lol, of course you wont post sources, because you dont have any. This guy says he knows the setlist, but wont say how. You dont know anything and dont have any connection with the band. This happens with every single tour, these people come out trying to impress everyone with their "inside knowledge" and "connections".

You're not posting the setlist because you know damn well you dont know what it is. If you really knew it there isnt a single good excuse you can come up with not to post it. Noone knows who you are, there is no way for you to get in trouble.

In the entire time that rush has toured while the internet has been around, Ive never seen a single person that posted an accurate setlist prior to the tour starting.

You're just looking for attention. I post my opinions on things, which I do believe im allowed to do, but you're actually lying which is pathetic. If you cant post the real set list or site sources then go away please.

Wow...you really are a putz! How about you put up or shut up? Here's an offer for you: Pick any slot in the setlist (ie - fourth song of the second set) and you give me 50 to 1 and let me bet you what the song is.

By all rights the odds of blindly selecting any random song in the right spot in the setlist should be about 150 to 1 since it could be anything in their catalog. Maybe 100-1 if you eliminate songs that couldn't possibly be played. So 50-1 should be easy money for you. Hell, I'll even let you make it 25 to 1.

If you're so sure I have no information and no connections, why don't you take me up on my offer? It should be the easiest money you've ever made.

I'll take your 25-1 that the first song is TSOR! trink39.gif

ie - a song non-Rush fans know, a radio song, a concert staple.  Meaning fewer than 10 of those in their catalog.  Not One Little Victory, Time Stand Still or Roll The Bones type songs.

After mulling over this topic for awhile and based on the info given by Score Out , it would appear to me that the only real "hit" that non Rush fans would know would have to be Tom Sawyer. I would think like most, that they would possibly save Moving Pictures for the 2nd set, but it also doesn't seem out of the question for me to believe that they would tear right into the MP album straight away. I mean after all, it is what they are promoting most about this tour and would be one hell of a way to kick off the show.

QUOTE (PermanentDave's @ May 8 2010, 03:23 AM)

ie - a song non-Rush fans know, a radio song, a concert staple.  Meaning fewer than 10 of those in their catalog.  Not One Little Victory, Time Stand Still or Roll The Bones type songs.

After mulling over this topic for awhile and based on the info given by Score Out , it would appear to me that the only real "hit" that non Rush fans would know would have to be Tom Sawyer. I would think like most, that they would possibly save Moving Pictures for the 2nd set, but it also doesn't seem out of the question for me to believe that they would tear right into the MP album straight away. I mean after all, it is what they are promoting most about this tour and would be one hell of a way to kick off the show.

I would be extremely surprised if they opened the show with MP right away. I think it would kind of kill the anticipation a bit. The opening song's got to be TSOR and MP will open the second set.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ May 8 2010, 08:34 AM)
QUOTE (PermanentDave's @ May 8 2010, 03:23 AM)

I would be extremely surprised if they opened the show with MP right away. I think it would kind of kill the anticipation a bit. The opening song's got to be TSOR and MP will open the second set.

Going by this logic though no one ever thought they played so many songs from Snakes and Arrows last tour. So anything's possible.

But I do agree, it would kill the momentum if they didn't save it for later on in the show. Just like the S&A songs killed the momentum last tour.