* Spoiler * The Opening Song is...

Score Out

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 21 2010, 08:55 PM)
Roll Them Bones!!
Not sure if Roll the Bones is considered a 'hit' to many people besides myself though biggrin.gif

I think that one's been played to death in the past couple of years.

This being the "Time Machine" tour, I'd love to see Time Stand Still as an opener.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For clarification, "hit" = HIT!

ie - a song non-Rush fans know, a radio song, a concert staple. Meaning fewer than 10 of those in their catalog. Not One Little Victory, Time Stand Still or Roll The Bones type songs.

They will open with 2112-Overture & Temples.

They need to retire Dreamline, Natural Science (switch w/Jacob's Ladder), Between The Wheels (switch w/Enemy Within), One Little Victory (Ghostrider!).

They shouldn't bring back Bravado, Red Sector A, Force Ten, Driven any time soon.

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Apr 22 2010, 01:40 AM)
They will open with 2112-Overture & Temples.

They need to retire Dreamline, Natural Science (switch w/Jacob's Ladder), Between The Wheels (switch w/Enemy Within), One Little Victory (Ghostrider!).

They shouldn't bring back Bravado, Red Sector A, Force Ten, Driven any time soon.

yes.gif

lights go out...........silence......................Red Barchetta begins with Alex in the solo spotlight,Geddy begins singing in the dark,then the stage erupts when the 3 come together...........................just a change unsure.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Apr 22 2010, 01:17 AM)
I'm going with TSOR. As much as I've heard this song I still think it's a true Rush classic and a great energetic song to open a show with. I also think the Analog Kid would be agreat opener. 1022.gif

SoR is an awesome song live. I absolutely love it. And for 30 years Ive enjoyed raising my hands up and clapping with 15 to 20,000 of my fellow Rush fans (and, of course Sir Dirk) during the chorus - its a highlight of every single show.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 21 2010, 10:09 PM)
Not Far Cry

This makes me smile  [if true]

Wait, wait, wait...

You mostly just like Rush's heavier hard rock songs from what I can tell but you don't even like Far Cry? Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly.

Completely Not true . It does Not have to be heavy for me to like it. They have much better songs to open with. That's all

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 21 2010, 10:44 PM)

I would say no "FBN" only because it's way out of Geddy's vocal range now,

Its good to know they decided not to open with news feed from Fox Business Network! common001.gif atickhum.gif

Based on the qualifications I think it has to be either TS, TSOR, or Freewill.

They could easily be doing MP in its entirety first starting with TS, RB, YYZ and Limelight. What a great show starter.

Personally, I think it will be TSOR. It has more "essence of Rursh" than the others mentioned. Other than TS, does it have the most radio play?

I love Freewill, but think the solo is better in another part of the show....I wouldn't be ready for it first song!!

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 22 2010, 07:52 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 21 2010, 09:48 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 21 2010, 09:46 PM)
"The Big Money" is my guess.

First Piss/Beer break of the night if thats true

nice! i'll be jumping into your seat. thanks

As long as you leave when i come back

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 22 2010, 07:58 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 22 2010, 07:52 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 21 2010, 09:48 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 21 2010, 09:46 PM)
"The Big Money" is my guess.

First Piss/Beer break of the night if thats true

nice! i'll be jumping into your seat. thanks

As long as you leave when i come back

only if you come back with an extra beer in your hand for a fellow rush fan. trink39.gif