Do you name your instruments?

The Big Money

I imaginatively named my Squier bass "Squire", after the Fish himself. My bass is a "she", though.

My red V220 (looks similar to the one in the pic) is called "Pokey".

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/images/yearbyyear/1985/85_v220-2-small.jpg

My green DC135 (looks similar to the one in the pic) is called "Gumby".

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1548/carvin007.jpg

• Like 1

Yes!

I have 8 guitars.

3 are acoustic, all jumbos

"Simon" (Fender Gemini II)

"Garfunkel" (Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry)

"F7" (Alvarez)

4 Electrics

"Mex" (Fender Strat) ... assembled in Mexico

"AC"(Ibanez Artcore AM73) Semi hollow body

"Ladyberries" - Ibanez RG350DX ... don't ask me to play Bon Jovi on Labour Day!

"Electric Funeral" Epiphone G310 ... frankensteined to a Tony Iommi weapon of high gain mass distortion with some John Birch Magnum pickups.

... And an Epiphone 12 string acoustic jumbo that is lent out ... that has no name as of yet. I asked for it back and will likely call it "Prodigal Son"

• Like 1

Taylor - Taylor

Gretch - Gretchen

Telecaster - Nelly

Oscar Schmidt 12 string - Oscar

Samick Bass - Sam

ESP LTD - Lawrence Thomas Davidson

Yamaha - Hirohito

• Like 1

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Apr 22 2010, 02:27 AM)
I imaginatively named my Squier bass "Squire", after the Fish himself. My bass is a "she", though.

My Rick is named Schindleria. tongue.gif

Yeah, I name them all. biggrin.gif Well, I'm still undecided about the new bass, though...

• Like 1

I have five guitars and a bass.

2 of my guitars are named

-My PRS McCarty (a tobacco sunburst) is named Amber. Partially because I like the name but mostly because there is some amber colors in the guitar.

-My Les Paul is named Agnes. This is in honor of my grandmother who passed away (age 100) about a year before getting the guitar.

My other grandmother is still going strong at 94. I may very well get a new guitar (obviously love to acquire a Lifeson-ES355) in her honor as well.

Obviously my Geddy jazz bass is named "Geddy" and my Roland synth is named "Roland" laugh.gif

I haven't named any of my other guitars, though I do call my Schecter "Roll the Bones" once in a while since I put dice knobs on it.

I have an acoustic which used to be my mother's. I don't think she named it, but I took it out of the case at my Grandma's, spent about five minutes repeating "oh my god, it's beautiful" and from henceforth she was known as Ambrosia.

I'm getting my mum's old electric in the summer, and when I *meet* it, a name shall come to me. I name most things. My computer used to be called Princess Bitchface because it was crap, and then it started working better so now I just call it Princess. My phone is known as The Brick of Shit, and my MP3 player is called Gizmo. Smooth, eh?

Edited by Rhosyn Helena

QUOTE (Jaye @ Apr 22 2010, 10:45 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Apr 22 2010, 02:27 AM)

My Rick is named Schindleria. tongue.gif

Yeah, I name them all. biggrin.gif Well, I'm still undecided about the new bass, though...

As a Yes fan, you are probably aware that Steve Howe named his Gibson "Mr. Gibson" - he did that in order to purchase an extra airline ticket for Mr. Gibson to keep "him" from going into the cargo hold where "he" could be damaged.

Nope, I'm a drummer and we don't name our drums. Only guitar players name their instruments (and certain body parts) laugh.gif

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Apr 22 2010, 11:42 AM)
Nope, I'm a drummer and we don't name our drums. Only guitar players name their instruments (and certain body parts) laugh.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 21 2010, 09:20 PM)
I used to just go by the model name, but now I have two Strats, so I might have to start thinking up names unsure.gif

I would go with Straty and Casty tongue.gif wink.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Apr 22 2010, 10:42 AM)

Guitars are alot like women, shapely bodies, they feel good in your hands and there's always strings attached.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 22 2010, 03:19 PM)
Nope, I'm a drummer and we don't name our drums. Only guitar players name their instruments (and certain body parts)  laugh.gif

Guitars are alot like women, shapely bodies, they feel good in your hands and there's always strings attached.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (KennethRush @ Apr 22 2010, 06:35 PM)
I don't name anything of mine, I even call my cat "cat" half the time. Names just aren't my thing.

Oh, I have to name everything! Computers, iPods, model dragons. Even my bicycle. tongue.gif

When I was into Pokemon, half the fun was naming them. I loved coming up with names for each 'Mon. biggrin.gif

Everything is named. yes.gif (Well, except my phone, because I hate it! laugh.gif - Nothing 'personal' though, I hate all phones!)

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 22 2010, 02:19 PM)
Nope, I'm a drummer and we don't name our drums. Only guitar players name their instruments (and certain body parts)  laugh.gif

...and no need to remember their names.

tongue.gif

I call my Hamer Monaco SuperPro "The Widowmaker" due to it being a long scale neck wired with 10's. Sounds great but after a 3.5 hours set of early RUSH it will literally make my left hand swell up due to all the chords and bending you have to do. Not for the novice axeman for sure:

http://chroniclesofrush.com/gallery/14/1.png

And lest we forget my favorite Charvel from the early 80's with all active pickups that plays like a dream. Its name is of course "The Red Barchetta":

http://chroniclesofrush.com/gallery/35/2.png

The rest are just named for what they are:

11 string, 12 string, Classical, ol' Blue and Black Beauty. The Tele' is just what it is. A beautiful blonde masterpiece. The only exception would be the Ibanez 2402DX (white-ish 70's 6 and 12) which I call "The Boat Anchor" due to its size and weight. Fans love it. I can't stand the thing personally.

Then we have The Death Star:

http://chroniclesofrush.com/gallery/2/17.png

Would never leave home without it....

I name my guns. That's not weird, right? Right? Umm, guys? laugh.gif