TIME MACHINE OPENER

1974FAN

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking more about it, and there is one song that I think would fit perfectly as the opener...

ANTHEM

Seriously...first off, it kicks ass, so it will get the place going. But more importantly, think about it...'Anthem' was the very first song that opened up Neil's debut with the band. It would be like going right back to the beginning (via a 'Time Machine').

QUOTE (djtess @ Apr 21 2010, 08:37 PM)
Time machine tour people!!!

Opening song will be

Fly by Night

enjoy everyone!!

Do tell me the winning Lottery numbers o.k. ?

I think Dreamline is the song to start the show .

Since Rush usually likes to make their intros humorous and enterataining, as well as high energy...

A video starts that shows them all backstage going over the setlist. Alex says something like, "Alright so Far Cry into Working Them Angels into Spindrift into Faithless right?"

Ged replies "Yea thats right, then dog years right after."

Neil then says, "Guys, did something in frenchies soup taste weird? I'm getting all dizzy and the room is starting to spin"

The video starts getting all distorted and weird and when it finally settles we see they all have wigs and kimonos on. Then we hear "Guys go go go we're on!" as they sprint on stage in kimonos and wigs and rip right into the 1:31/32 mark of the 2112 overture

1022.gif

QUOTE (Nate1647 @ Apr 22 2010, 02:15 PM)
Since Rush usually likes to make their intros humorous and enterataining, as well as high energy...

A video starts that shows them all backstage going over the setlist. Alex says something like, "Alright so Far Cry into Working Them Angels into Spindrift into Faithless right?"

Ged replies "Yea thats right, then dog years right after."

Neil then says, "Guys, did something in frenchies soup taste weird? I'm getting all dizzy and the room is starting to spin"

The video starts getting all distorted and weird and when it finally settles we see they all have wigs and kimonos on. Then we hear "Guys go go go we're on!" as they sprint on stage in kimonos and wigs and rip right into the 1:31/32 mark of the 2112 overture

1022.gif

laugh.gif

As weird as that sounds, I actually dig that introduction.

I think it would be cool if they played at least one song in their kimonos, and 2112 would be it for sure.

Neil should also put on a fake handlebar moustache. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 26 2010, 06:26 PM)
Time Machine.....First stop, 1974. Working Man.

That would be nice . 2112 Would be nice also.

Here Again? for 74.. confused13.gif Fits the Time Machine theme.... Just Saying.

I'd like Natural Science ohmy.gif laugh.gif

But Time Stand Still or Dreamline would please me just fine. cool.gif

2.gif 653.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif 653.gif Be here soon thats all I know!! applaudit.gif cool10.gif trink39.gif

Time Stand Still=nice song, bad opener or closer...it's not hard or punchy enough

Tom Sawyer=did that somewhat too recently to do it again

Far Cry=seems logical but since this is the "Time Machine" tour I'm thinking they'll go with one of their classics

2112=seems RIGHT but someone mentioned the lighting in regards to outdoor venues (when the gigs starts) and I agree with that.

Bastille Day=very cool but unlikely imho for no real reason

TSOR=probable

My money is on Far Cry, and I think that would be a great choice.

Something tells me it might be Moving Pictures though. Just a little tickle in the back of my pea brain.

2.gif