The Official Riverside Thread

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 23 2010, 10:13 PM)
QUOTE (tjtull @ Nov 23 2010, 08:41 PM)
I got the Reality Dream DVD in the mail today.  I plan on watching it in the next couple of days.  Can't wait to hear The Same River live!!!

Right on! trink39.gif

I want that DVD sooooo bad. Post your review as soon as you can!

x10 here!!! I neeeeeed that DVD!!

I finally heard Second Life Syndrome the way I needed to hear it to have it grab me. I was driving home yesterday and had it on, but I wasn't giving it my full attention. Its when I do that that the music, if its going to, really gets me. It forces its way into my head.

If I'm really listening to something I'm not yet familiar with, I tend to be critiquing it while I am listening. I also tend to anticipate where it is going to go rather than just enjoy the ride. So I finally "heard" Second Life Syndrome and really enjoyed it.

QUOTE (the oaks @ Dec 8 2010, 10:46 AM)
Ok, not only has Volte Face really grown on me, but the song Second Life Syndrome has REALLY grown on me!

SLS is all I've listened to for the past few days.  I feel like I'm cheating on ADHD!!

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

You're Riverside's version of a fundamentalist Mormon married to four wives:

1. Out Of Myself

2. Second Life Syndrome

3. Rapid Eye Movement

4. Anno Domini (High Definition)

They all get nights to sleep with you. It's all good.

Edited by Presto-digitation

I've been listening to a ton of Riverside lately. I got all 4 of the proper albums but I still need the EP. Looks like I may have to go the MP3 route on that one, since it seems to be somewhat of a collectors item. I'll buy the MP3 off Amazon later tonight, it's about a buck cheaper than iTunes.

Really can't get enough of this band.

QUOTE (tjtull @ Dec 9 2010, 07:51 PM)
I was listening to Back To The River yesterday on the way home and there's a section where they do a segment from Shine on You Crazy Diamond. Anyone else notice this (I'm sure you have)?

Yep.

In the booklet accompanying the CD it acknowledges that:

"Excerpt in "Back To The River" is taken from Shine On You Crazy Diamond, music by Pink Floyd.

QUOTE (tjtull @ Dec 9 2010, 03:51 PM)
I was listening to Back To The River yesterday on the way home and there's a section where they do a segment from Shine on You Crazy Diamond. Anyone else notice this (I'm sure you have)?

Yes. Very awesome segment in the song. Love it!