If Counterparts was represented

syd11

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bumper.gif

I have recently rediscovered Counterparts, and I'm madly in love. So much so I'm thinking of changing my screenname to Mermaid of the Lunar Sea.

but I digress...

CUT TO THE CHASE, hands down

followed by DOUBLE AGENT

and I would never, ever ever, be disappointed with ANIMATE

Since this thread was bumped back up here, I will once again put out the request for...

CUT TO THE CHASE

Easily the one song that has never been played, and is realistic enough to hear live, that I would like to see in concert.

This song was meant for a live setting. It kicks so much ass. yes.gif

Double Agent yes.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 4 2010, 11:35 PM)
Since this thread was bumped back up here, I will once again put out the request for...

CUT TO THE CHASE

Easily the one song that has never been played, and is realistic enough to hear live, that I would like to see in concert.

This song was meant for a live setting. It kicks so much ass. yes.gif

goodpost.gif this too!!

vote for double agent.

i heard a rumor in 2008 they were fooling around with "everyday glory" in pre-tour rehearsal but nothing ever came out it. "jacobs ladder" and "marathon" were also part of the same rumor which are both much better songs. i'm hoping it doesnt make the cut this time.

Although I believe no tunes from post 1987 will be played if they were to reach into the CP vault.

Cut to the Chase

Double Agent

Alien Shore

3 signature Rush tunes in their catalog. I don't think we will ever hear Alien Shore....the bass lines are so killer and I just don't think Geddy can do the vocal justice while playing that tune...it sounds extremely difficult to pull off live. Cut to the Chase is a perfect live song...and I am with some others who are baffled as to why this tune has been passed over time and again to be performed live. Double Agent is a killer jam and would also be a welcomed suprise.

But.....I don't think we get any post 80's stuff this tour (and I hope I am right).

QUOTE (LERXST69 @ May 7 2010, 11:20 AM)
Cut to the chase defenitly. I never understand why they always played Stick it out, that one never made that much impression on me.

Probably because it was released as a single.

With that said, I love it anyways.

I'd love to hear Everyday Glory and Leave that thing alone!

applaudit.gif