Those complaining about ticket prices

iluvgeddy05

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Apr 14 2010, 07:54 PM)
I sure won't complain about the price considering the most expensive tickets for the MN. show are $70. biggrin.gif

$81.34 with fees, plus another $12 to get in to the fair.

$93.34 total.

If you want one corndog and one beer, then add $12 more.

Still not a bad deal for about $100. We can hope for a hot summer night.

QUOTE (duntov1966 @ Apr 14 2010, 11:12 PM)
I sure won't complain about the price considering the most expensive tickets for the MN. show are $70. biggrin.gif

$93.34 total.

Your fair price isn't included in the concert ticket price? It is for the NYS fair... which is nice.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 15 2010, 05:25 AM)
QUOTE (duntov1966 @ Apr 14 2010, 11:12 PM)

$93.34 total.

Your fair price isn't included in the concert ticket price? It is for the NYS fair... which is nice.

In my mind it is a great way to spend about $100.

(better than taking the family out to eat twice at Perkins)

Talk about entertainment.. it is RUSH - Greatest show on earth in my opinion..!!!!

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 14 2010, 11:12 AM)
Kindly stay home and leave the seats up to us idiots who will pay anything to see our favorite band!

Thanks in advance laugh.gif tongue.gif *

*The above post was written in good humor yes.gif

goodpost.gif

Yes its expensive but come on now its 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 14 2010, 04:06 PM)
Worse still, in areas like San Jose, CA my wife -- who grew up there -- would notice at a Kiss show or some other band that Google, say, would buy up the first four rows of seats and then invite fellow employees, guests, etc. You'd see this show with all the same colored polo shirts with the GOOGLE logo (or whomever...fill in the large industry conglomerate) dominating the front of the venue.

Just what the band wants to see.... a TON of company employees standing there with arms largely folded, looking bored....while their actual fans hang out 20 rows back, never having even a SHOT at those tickets. (Unless of course they knew someone at Google).

This sucks. It happens too. It might be "fair" in that Google paid for the tickets, so ....bottom line and all! But it doesn't always make for a rousing show down front.

This kind of corporate thing you're talking about should CLEARLY BE ILLEGAL!!!!!!! yes.gif doh.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif sad.gif angry.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 14 2010, 07:02 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 14 2010, 06:54 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 14 2010, 07:50 PM)
I've said it a gazillion times on this forum:  I am throwing a good chunk of my wedding funds towards two shows this tour -- one being at my favorite venue, then other being in the city I work in.  This is all being done with Fi's "permission:  tongue.gif  In other words, he knows if I miss Rush on any tour, I'd be unbearable at best to deal with...

Goodbye, church wedding and big reception bash at posh hotel. Hello, Justice of The Peace and reception at the Elk Lodge with KFC and deli potato salad! laugh.gif

(Hey, I'd do it).

haha we're already skimming as it is. Who needs flowers to hold anyways? wink.gif I'll just hold my ticket stubs!

I think many of us can TOTALLY relate to what you two are saying!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif rofl3.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 14 2010, 04:06 PM)
Just what the band wants to see.... a TON of company employees standing there with arms largely folded, looking bored....

DUDE, two of these guys stood next to me during the S&A 2nd leg. No reaction, no clapping (hardly), WTF??

Meanwhile, me and my buddies were all mad air guitaring and drumming for every song. I mean how CAN'T you??