When did buying tickets become so confusing?

I mean, seriously....by my count we have Music Today, Ticketmaster, and LiveNation....ok, so what's the difference between these 3?

And then you have all the names for these different packages and pre-sales...a VIP ticket package, an Internet Pre-Sale/Music Today Pre-Sale, meet and greet package, there's a Citi Pre-Sales promotion, and then of course the actual date that all the other tickets go on sale?!?! And most of the concerts have different dates for all of the above!

I just want to know when I can buy tickets for the Irvine show!! fists crying.gif

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone

I hear ya!!!!

What an f'in pain in the ass.

All I want is a ticket too. I don't need all this crap.

I feel like all this package garbage, and VIP this, and stpid sh!t that is targeted at the non-true fans...you know, the people who are going to the show beacuase it's a hot ticket. and they get these "perks" with the tickets...what BS.

I've been looking at all the sites, charting the pre-sale dates, the regular sale dates, looking for the radio station presale dates, checking seating charts ahead of time, etc etc etc..

I'm beginning to think I need a white eraser board, secret codes and a lock box for all my passwords. This is insane - I want four tickets on the floor and I've got money, this really shouldn't be that hard. I knew I'd have ticket stress but I didn't think it would be this bad and the Pittsburgh tickets aren't even on sale yet - at least I don't think they are - who really knows.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Apr 13 2010, 06:30 PM)
I mean, seriously....by my count we have Music Today, Ticketmaster, and LiveNation....ok, so what's the difference between these 3?

And then you have all the names for these different packages and pre-sales...a VIP ticket package, an Internet Pre-Sale/Music Today Pre-Sale, meet and greet package, there's a Citi Pre-Sales promotion, and then of course the actual date that all the other tickets go on sale?!?! And most of the concerts have different dates for all of the above!

I just want to know when I can buy tickets for the Irvine show!! fists crying.gif

Meet & Greet package?

Where did you see that?

What the Fu*k is a Citi Card ?

Does anyone else have the problem of deciding who is going to buy the tix with a group of say , 4 guys?...Me and my 3 other Rush fan best buds are going, and back in the day , it was simple..for under 100 bucks you could snag 4 tix no problem....now someoen has to take out a friggin loan to get 4 friggin tix!

QUOTE (Prince of Tyrus @ Apr 13 2010, 09:49 PM)

Meet & Greet package?

Where did you see that?

It was mentioned somehere. It's part of one of these packages

I believe I wrote it down in my notes....somewhere between page 12 and page 18 of chapter 3. Gimme a week and I'll get back to you

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 13 2010, 10:30 PM)
What the Fu*k is a Citi Card ?

I believe if you own a Citibank credit Card you are eligible for a Presale for either the LiveNation, Ticketmaster, Music Today , or Rush.com. I have no idea which of these it works for. I have to go back and check my notes. I think its somewhere in Chapter 5 of my notes

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Apr 13 2010, 11:39 PM)
QUOTE (Prince of Tyrus @ Apr 13 2010, 09:49 PM)

Meet & Greet package?

Where did you see that?

It was mentioned somehere. It's part of one of these packages

I believe I wrote it down in my notes....somewhere between page 12 and page 18 of chapter 3. Gimme a week and I'll get back to you

laugh.gif

I remember back in the good old daze. You would sleep out overnight at the venue or you sleep out overnight at Ticketron and got good seats . That is the way it should always be done laugh.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 14 2010, 12:31 PM)
Remember when you went to the venue and waited outside the box office with other fans? smile.gif

See my post 2 up from you trink39.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 14 2010, 12:34 PM)
Remember when you went to the venue and waited outside the box office with other fans?  smile.gif

Oh shit...LOL! trink39.gif

Soooo...YES, I do indeed remember that. biggrin.gif Good cameraderie too.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 14 2010, 12:48 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 14 2010, 12:34 PM)
Remember when you went to the venue and waited outside the box office with other fans?  smile.gif

Oh shit...LOL! trink39.gif

Soooo...YES, I do indeed remember that. biggrin.gif Good cameraderie too.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 14 2010, 12:23 PM)
I remember back in the good old daze. You would sleep out overnight at the venue or you sleep out overnight at Ticketron and got good seats . That is the way it should always be done laugh.gif

Amen to that....

This is really looking like a hassle to get tickets.

Kansas City (the one I really want to go to) has a pre-sale, then a Citi-pre-sale and a special VIP pre-sale. Then tickets go on sale to the rest of us losers... if there are any left angry.gif

All I want is to buy a damn ticket!

Ahhh the good ole days. Went to the venue 1 day after school, bought 2 tickets with my bud for Moving Pictures tour. Night of the show, front row against the railing. But it was general admission, but still $20 and not all this freakin hassle.

Well...to answer the initial question, I think it became confusing...

Why, you ask?

Ticketmaster was founded in Phoenix Arizona by college staffers Albert Leffler and Peter Gadwa and businessman Gordon Gunn. Leffler comes up with the name Ticketmaster for the new company

wink.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 15 2010, 12:55 PM)

Why, you ask?

Ticketmaster was founded in Phoenix Arizona by college staffers Albert Leffler and Peter Gadwa and businessman Gordon Gunn. Leffler comes up with the name Ticketmaster for the new company

wink.gif

1976 ? Holy Crap. I remember getting tix from Tickettron in the 80's. When did they go belly up? Did ticketbastard buy them ?

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 15 2010, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 15 2010, 12:55 PM)

Why, you ask?

wink.gif

1976 ? Holy Crap. I remember getting tix from Tickettron in the 80's. When did they go belly up? Did ticketbastard buy them ?

No idea...I honestly just googled "Ticketmaster History", and I got that quote from the TM website.

I can't believe they've been around that long though...crazy.

I sure miss the old days when a bunch of friends would wait out all night long for tickets and the box office, party a bit and end up with great seats. Even the scalpers would let us cut in front of them in line, because they knew we were only buying a few seats...that seems like a lifetime ago.