09/03/10 - Holmdel, NJ

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 6 2010, 04:13 PM)
QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Sep 5 2010, 07:24 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 5 2010, 01:10 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 5 2010, 09:56 AM)
QUOTE (Axeshredder @ Sep 4 2010, 06:20 PM)
fantastic show..probably the best concert i ever witness...Rush is playing better and having more fun than ever in history..met alot of really cool peeps there...too bad none were from here..oh well...cya

Did you get to see them in the 80s? Ive been to every album tour since Power Windows, they were so good when they were younger. These past few tours for S&A and VT dont compare. Not that they arent good now, but its not the same, Geddy's voice is really hurting these days.

I saw them in the 80's. I thought they were as good at PNC. Everything clicked. Everything.

I knew it wasn't just me. It was sheer magic, wasn't it?

Honestly, I wasn't as pumped to see them as I was in the past. But, man, did I change my mind during the first three songs. Half way through "Presto" I knew something was up. I left the concert feeling mesmerized. It was so f***ing good!

I don't get why people say they were better in the 80s than they are now. They had so much energy, it was incredible! Geddy's bass solo at the end of Leave That Thing Alone blew my mind. Better than any solo he did on any live album. I was never able to see them on any tour before S&A, but I honestly think they're at their best. They're playing great, and having a blast while doing so.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 5 2010, 08:56 AM)
fantastic show..probably the best concert i ever witness...Rush is playing better and having more fun than ever in history..met alot of really cool peeps there...too bad none were from here..oh well...cya

Did you get to see them in the 80s? Ive been to every album tour since Power Windows, they were so good when they were younger. These past few tours for S&A and VT dont compare. Not that they arent good now, but its not the same, Geddy's voice is really hurting these days.

theyve always been great...the new songs, and snakes and arrows really amaze me..in combination with the old...its such a fantastic show..comparing them just seems to be a waste ..they are fanastic to have survived this long and play the classics like they were recorded yesterday....yes Geddy isnt perfect...not many singers his age are...doesnt take away from it one bit..the greatest drummer lyricist, the greatest bassist, the most undercreditted guitarist...Alex is so great..they all are..i pray for them, and their health..and for more to come...i sware im going first row next tour

.my recordings didnt come out so gr8 from 17th row..a little echoey...but ill post up some soon...

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 6 2010, 05:13 PM)
QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Sep 5 2010, 07:24 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 5 2010, 01:10 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 5 2010, 09:56 AM)

I saw them in the 80's. I thought they were as good at PNC. Everything clicked. Everything.

I knew it wasn't just me. It was sheer magic, wasn't it?

Honestly, I wasn't as pumped to see them as I was in the past. But, man, did I change my mind during the first three songs. Half way through "Presto" I knew something was up. I left the concert feeling mesmerized. It was so f***ing good!

absolutely agreed! i've been seeing RUSH since 1983 so yes, when I say good ged-damn right this is some of the best I've ever seen them do, i know from whence I speak.

Thanks guys...you DID NOT disappoint!

I have to say, that was one of the best Rush shows I've ever seen. I've been to every tour since 1986. They were as tight as ever. The crowd was completely into it. It seemed as though every person in my section (403) was singing along to every song. This crowd was as vocal as any Rush crowd I've been a part of. I also enjoyed the videos that accompany the show now. They're funny and very entertaining. The whole experience is much better now than it was back in the day IMO. I just feel like the whole package is more entertaining and more polished. It is very apparent to me that the band has focused on making the concert an experience rather than just a band on stage playing their instruments.

It was awesome meeting some TRF folks at the show. Sorry I couldn't meet up with everyone commenting in this thread. I hope you guys and girls had a great time.

We were extremely fortunate that the hurricane weakened and veered out to sea. I was worried that it would spoil the night for those who wanted to tailgate, and for those who had lawn seats. Everything worked out in the end.

Thanks PTA for the awesome food, and for sending me the recipes. I made the flank steak on Sunday, and I have to admit, yours was better http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif . Maybe it was a combination of your awesome grilling skills, the atmosphere at PNC, and being with good friends. I couldn't replicate that in my backyard.

It was great seeing Pags, Queen of Megadon, Tarkus406, GeddysMullet (and her husband). Tark, I loved your shirt dude.

The folks at PNC should really reconsider their tailgate rules for the Rush crowd. They should have opened the lots at 4pm, perhaps even earlier. Two hours wasn't enough time to fully enjoy the tailgate experience. I'll speak for myself in saying we were all very well behaved. http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

I'm really looking forward to the next tour!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 10 2010, 03:29 PM)
It's a week later and I'm still buzzing about this concert.

me too...i miss them http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/wub.gif ..if i was a millionaire i would follow them and see every show. http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/2.gif Rules!

A killer night with amazing people, and the greatest band. I'm still on such a high from that show.

Add me to the list! Just today I was telling some people how smokin' hot that show was and how much I enjoyed it. I was teased for the grin that came to my face when I said "Next year, a new album and another tour!"

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Sep 10 2010, 08:51 PM)
What I wouldn't give for a Time Machine, so I could go back to last week, and relive that show all over again!! http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

I know, right? Time machine in my head, baby!

Ah, I love this band!

Archived