Pre-sales

KevinDallas

Got a pre-sale ticket earlier today for the Dallas show. They went on sale at 10:00. Right at 10:00 I clicked in and didn't really like the seat they offered so I let it go. I got right back on to request another seat and it said tickets were no longer available! This was at 10:01! I panicked for a minute but figured if I was patient and kept checking something would pop up. About 15 minutes later seats were popping back up. I finally settled on the 18th row, center section. I'm pumped! I was also checking the VIP section on Ticketmaster for $300+ dollars. I figured if I could get front row center I'd cough it up, but I never saw anything better than the 5th row. So I saved a couple hundred bucks by sitting 13 rows further back. The ticket prices are pretty steep, my total came out to $125.50 for 1 ticket. But who cares, I've got a great seat for 2.gif , that's all that matters. HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (okiimatsu @ Apr 20 2010, 03:05 PM)
Damn, I scored! Orchestra 2, dead center at Irvine, 4 tickets!
Took about 20 minutes. What can I say. Unbelievable!!

653.gif

Nice! I was trying to buy some Irvine tickets for a friend and got completely skunked. sad.gif Did you buy those tix as a block of four?

QUOTE (KevinDallas @ Apr 13 2010, 04:11 PM)
I noticed pre-sales are now available on the 2.gif website. I looked at a few venues just to see what kind of seats were available. The best I found were about 20 rows back. I'm in Dallas and they won't play here until the back end of the tour and the pre-sale isn't available here yet. To be honest if I find a 20th row seat for face value at my local venue I'll be pumped! Has anyone bought a pre-sale ticket today and if so where are the seats?

I'm in Dallas, too, and got on in on the presale this morning. I could have had 3 tix sec. 101 row g, dead center to the stage. The only problem was the $ 310 each price. I'm going to wait until the day before, day of, the show and find some tickets. I love Rush, but $ 310 for a fan presale is a bit too much for me, as the new iphone is coming out in a few months and i need a new camera. Keep us posted as to what and where your ticket buying adventures take you, and i'll do the same.

i just did the music today pre sale and it was a breeze...i literally ordered them on my smartphone @ work while i was on the can...i am 15 rows back on alex's side...its the philly show and they are not the greatest seats in the world but it was exactly what i was expecting...total was $104...i could have got into the center section for another $60-70 but i will go all out when they return after the new album... 2.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Apr 20 2010, 03:44 PM)

653.gif

Nice! I was trying to buy some Irvine tickets for a friend and got completely skunked. sad.gif Did you buy those tix as a block of four?

ya as a block of four tickets. crazy. cool10.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Apr 20 2010, 03:44 PM)

653.gif

Damn! I'm jealous. I'm in the lodge DD right behind you.

I was Orch 2, row E for R30.

These tickets are so expensive--150 face!!

Today's pre-sale almost caused me cardiac arrest - I'm at work; answering the phone; answering emails; trying to keep up with my work and I have two more windows up trying to get these tickets for myself and three teenage boys as their birthday presents. It was almost 11:00 before I was even able to get the site to tell me tickets were available.. then I couldn't get 4 together or even two together. I just kept on trying and finally got four together but thought they weren't that good - I let them go and then was locked out of the website again, it was just frozen!!! ohmy.gif

I tried again about half hour later and thought I would take anything on the floor that came up - four together, second section about halfway back from the stage in the center.. (approximately center ice as the Pittsburgh show is in the hockey arena) better than the first four I let go.. WHEW! All this craziness is too much for my "old self" I'd rather go wait in line at a Ticketron office...

I don't get how the ticket selection works on these systems. For the first 35 minutes I was getting horrible seats or it would return none were available at that price level (the highest). Then finally some decent seats came up. You would think the program would sell best seats first and then work back. Iw ould get 34th row come up FLR and then try again and get 28th row, then again back to 34th row, then wham - 17th row. Seems like a scam that people would freak and take the first seats that come up thinking that they are the best.

I got row 13, Geddy's side (two tickets) and row 17, Alex's side (2 tickets) For the 2nd Red Rocks show. I bought the row 13 this Morning at 10:30 through the MT presale after turning down a few others, and the row 17 this evening at about 6:30. Was most surprised that row 17 was

still available tonight! 2.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (laxnation @ Apr 14 2010, 11:18 AM)
QUOTE (KTMMan @ Apr 13 2010, 10:05 PM)
"THESE VIP SEATS SHOULD NOT BE PURCHASED

LIVE NATION/TICKET BSTRD HAVE BECOME SCALPERS

AFTER 16 ROWS REG PRICE-LETS ALL SAY NO TO VIP
& SIT THERE WHEN THEY ARE EMPTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Totally agree! If the bastards haven't gotten enough Wall Street Perks and bail out $$$$$ already , they are looking to rape somewhere else.

I got raped for 2nd row from the stage, center stage - You only live once!

You wont think its worth it until about 7 seconds into the show, at whcih time you will be happy you did it. smile.gif

I tried to get tix on the fan pre-sale today but there was no option to deliver tix to Australia. Yep, I'm coming from Australia for this tour!

How about folks in other countries apart from the US,Canada, Mexico, UK, France, Germany and Italy? Anyone have any luck?

The current ticketing systems absolutely suck! And who gets screwed? The real fans like us. I know that some of the best seats are held for VIP packages but it seems like all the rest are snatched up immediately by scalpers. Unfortunately, I doubt that the system will change. There's just too much money to be made.

QUOTE (Orbourus @ Apr 21 2010, 10:20 AM)
I got absolutely NOTHING for Irvine Meadows!! The Citi pre sale didn't work , by the time I finally got on to the website , there wasn't shit !!

Don't worry...just be on there for the PUBLIC sale, and I guarantee you will find something good.

As everyone has mentioned before, be patient. These presales are also very much a scam at times, so you need to remember that not all the best seats are reserved for them. In fact, I tried alot yesterday, and didn't get anything close to the stage.

Trust me...just check during the public sale, and don't give up. You will get something good.

Just askin' but if anyone posts here, can you just say how many rows from the stage your seats are. Does anyone really know where the club section is in venue A, or garden section in venue B. Let's please keep it simple and just leave it at something like, "I'm 14 rows back, or I'm 60 rows back" .

Thanks

I ended up with row 24 main floor on the Citi presale. Which is OK because it's significantly closer than I've been able to get for any previous Rush concert.

If Dante's Inferno was updated for modern times, a circle of Hell would be reserved for ticket brokers and the souls at TicketBastard.

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Apr 22 2010, 04:18 PM)
Finally scored on a pre sale! 19th row dead center at red rocks for the second night. Anyone who knows RR knows that these are the best in the house for sound quality and full sight lines.

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!

Congrats Dude! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif