Best broker sites?

Mara

I'm not expecting much posting in this thread because I figure a lot of people want to keep this info on the down-low.

But I thought I'd ask anyway. . .

I've heard good and bad about stubhub.com. Any others worthwhile?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind knowing about people's experiences (if they are willing to share).

I always see some tempting seats out there...but I can't get myself to actually pay up that much money, because a part of me is worried that I will be getting screwed over by the end of it.

Don't know who to trust anymore...and that includes Ticketmaster! rage.gif

I have had great luck and PRICES with...

www.concertticketsbargains.com

Wait until about a WEEK before the show to get the best price

I have had better luck with seating through Ticketmaster the day of the show though.

QUOTE (krlowe @ Apr 13 2010, 01:45 PM)

I have had better luck with seating through Ticketmaster the day of the show though.

Same here....day of or day before.

That's expecting a LOT of fans though...it really is. Most simply can't and won't wait that long.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 13 2010, 02:46 PM)

That's expecting a LOT of fans though...it really is. Most simply can't and won't wait that long.

I don't have the balls for that. (Well, I'm female, so technically I don't have the balls, period doh.gif . But you know what I mean).

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 13 2010, 01:49 PM)
it seems that last tour ticketbastard had auctions for the primo seats. not sure if an auction would be less expensive than paying a broker but its something to consider.

Ha...yeah, well...it used to be a pretty good deal.

I think I tried one of those back in 2004 and got very close to scoring 1st row in Toronto. Had I been smarter, I could've got them for $220, which would've been nice (the starting bids were $90).

However, I looked at some of those US dates today. Turns out they are having those again...only difference, they are STARTING the bidding at $190 US.

That seems pretty crazy...but again, not a bad deal if you are willing to shell out the cash.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 13 2010, 02:00 PM)
I'm not expecting much posting in this thread because I figure a lot of people want to keep this info on the down-low.
But I thought I'd ask anyway. . .

I've heard good and bad about stubhub.com. Any others worthwhile?

I have had nothing but good experiences with Stubhub. As a matter of fact, when tickets for the shows near me go on sale, I plan on buying some and then logging onto stubhub to see if an upgrade is doable.

I've bought "resold" tix 3x - 2 from Ebay and 1 from Stubhub. I prefer Ebay over Stubhub.

Last tour, Stubhub had a ticket I wanted for $700, + 10% surcharge + shipping = ~ $800. I found the same exact ticket "for sale by owner" on Ebay, same $700 price, but with the "or best offer". I got my front row ticket for 50% less than Stubhub wanted.

The 1 ticket I did buy from Stubhub was accidentally recycled by my husband. Since it was an e-ticket from TM, the seller would have had access to his/her TM account to re-print it. But Stubhub refused to contact the seller for me, and I was out a lot of money and a vacation trip to Toronto! If I had bought on Ebay, I could have contacted the seller myself.

Maybe I've just been lucky and unlucky, respectively - but I will never buy from Stubhub!

I sell tickets on 2 sites. www.stubhub.com & www.razorgator.com. Both of these brokers guarantee the seats. If I furnish a ticket that is not valid, they use my credit card on the open market to replace the ticket for the client. The pricing is a little different now than it used to be. The sites do not add a surcharge or connection fee the seller just includes it in his price per ticket. You may can save if you find a seller that will sell e tickets which I have never done. I am old fashioned and like hard ticket stock for the tickets I sell. When you but a hard ticket you have to pay the fed ex bill etc. so an e ticket could save you money. FYI I have never sold a Rush Ticket to anyone ever.

I have a friend that gets seats for all his clients thru Stub-Hub . Everything is guaranteed . If you don't get your tickets, they refund the money. If you get fake tickets, you call them from the arena and they get you new tickets. Can not beat that if you have the $$$$ to spend

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 14 2010, 07:25 PM)
I sold on stubhub... seems legit to me. Never bought though; I'm too chicken..

You will not have a problem, as long as you have a boat load of cash to spend:lol:

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 15 2010, 11:13 AM)
I sold on stubhub... seems legit to me.  Never bought though; I'm too chicken..

You will not have a problem, as long as you have a boat load of cash to spend:lol:

I don't get it...STUB HUB already has tickets up for the Toronto shows even before they've gone on sale.

They want over $700 for tickets in Row 35! wtf.gif

I saw 3 shows last tour. But only went to a site other than ticketmaster. After the presale for an Orlando show, ticketmaster only offered tickets in back of the arena. If I go to a show I refuse to spend good money to sit in back. I looked on ebay for tickets.

They musthave quite a bit of brokers on there. I bought 2 tickets on the side and was pretty close. Paid $100 each, paid thru Paypal, & recieved my tickets within a week. I did this about a month before the show and had a good experience. But I was worried until I got them. Hope this helps.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 15 2010, 11:27 AM)

I don't get it...STUB HUB already has tickets up for the Toronto shows even before they've gone on sale.

That is what happens. Sad but true. The fan gets Fu*ked

Just be patient. They will come down... They are testing the market.

The brilliance of stubhub is there isn't the price fixing that goes on with brokers.

A handfull of average fans can bring the prices down fast by offering their extra seats just above/below face.

Edited by hazlnut

QUOTE (hazlnut @ Apr 15 2010, 08:11 PM)

Just be patient. They will come down... They are testing the market.

The brilliance of stubhub is there isn't the price fixing that goes on with brokers.

A handfull of average fans can bring the prices down fast by offering their extra seats just above/below face.

Agreed. Patience is the key with these sites.

If you can stand the wait, many times you can swing a nice deal.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 13 2010, 01:56 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 13 2010, 02:46 PM)

I don't have the balls for that. (Well, I'm female, so technically I don't have the balls, period doh.gif . But you know what I mean).

well I do always buy day of show...and I am a girl but I don't have balls. tongue.gif

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Apr 15 2010, 11:43 AM)
Best broker sites? I feel that is an oxymoron. It's like asking "Who is the nicest rapist?"

goodpost.gif

Seriously, can some one please tell me how this isn't scalping? I'm honestly just curious...I just can't - for the life of me - figure out why I would get arrested for standing outside the venue trying to sell my ticket for $700 but the broker sites get away with it free & clear? confused13.gif

I don't fault anyone here that may sell on those sites or those that don't have a problem paying that kind of a price for a ticket. I love Rush, but I wouldn't even pay $700 for a front row seat to see Jesus Christ reciting George Carlin's 7 Words You Can't Say on TV.

Stubhub and Razorgator are probably the two safest mediums to purchase tickets at a decent price - They will guarantee you get the seats purchased. (for the poster who Stubhub would not contact seller, that seems odd. I have had over 500 transactions on Stubhub and on a few occasions, similar situations have happened with my buyers and I was contacted). Remember SH and RG do not sell any tickets, they are just a middle man between buyers and sellers who protect both interests (for a fee). About 2 weeks before the show you will definitely start to see a huge decline in prices. I have purchased Rush tickets at least 6 times within the first 5 rows over the last three tours for what I felt to be reasonably cheap.

Great Buys can be found on Ebay - most sellers are legit but their are scammers on there but most intelligent people will not get fooled by them.

Almost all of the other Broker sites are networked. They are big brokers but "share" each others inventory and get a mark up if it sells through their site - which is why you often seee the same seats on many (with a little different prices). This is a perfectly safe way to purchase. These are legal businesses but you will pay a premium.

For the record - I do not sell concert tickets (too risky) but I have several season tickets in various sports that I do sell.