The Wall

metaldad

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Owl @ May 13 2012, 07:50 PM)
Glad you got better shots than I did, and it looks like you had a better seat then I did as well..

Glad you had fun.

And the truth is, my phone camera makes it look farther away than it was.

We were right in the thick of things. It was great.

Thanks.

trink39.gif

Just saw it last night in San Diego. It. Was. Awesome! While It did lack a certain soul that Gilmore brings, it was well worth the price and quite the spectacle. The projection and sound quality was great. If you get a chance, go. Like Broadway on steroids but with good music. tongue.gif Edited by hunter

QUOTE (hunter @ May 14 2012, 09:17 AM)
Just saw it last night in San Diego. It. Was. Awesome! While It did lack a certain soul that Gilmore brings, it was well worth the price and quite the spectacle. The projection and sound quality was great. If you get a chance, go. Like Broadway on steroids but with good music. tongue.gif

Broadway on Steroids?

laugh.gif

It is definitely an event, more than a concert. Spectacle, maybe?

The technology is amazing, and the sound is like nothing I've ever heard. I am not exaggerating when I say there was not one iota of distortion or feedback during the whole show. The sound system, whatever they are using, is perfect.

Glad you had a good time!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (tjtull @ May 20 2012, 08:04 AM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 19 2012, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 19 2012, 01:12 AM)
Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0T7FRKTj00

That's very cool.

It would have been great to be there that night.

Let's hope for some sort of official video release of this show!

Yes, there had better be a blu-ray coming down the line somewhere.

yes.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 20 2012, 08:30 AM)
Wow.

That's very cool.

yes.gif

If so, I hope it's the night in London with Dave and Nick.

In the meantime, there is a boot of EPIC quality out there called "iShoot iEdit" shot in Chicago last year. Most of the footage was shot by a guy that goes by Tapehead2 and like I said, the quality in terms of both video and audio is amazing. If you didn't know it was a boot, you'd think it was a pro-shot commercial release. It is available for download at The Trader's Den (bit torrent) with 10 seeders at present here : http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87327 (must be a member and logged in to see the thread). Also likely it's up on Youtube somewhere as well. Search The Wall Chicago 2010 and I'm guessing you'll find it.

2 nights 'til the show here in Portland. Woo hoo!!

Did anyone go see it at the Coliseum in L.A. last night? If so, how about a report back?

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ May 20 2012, 02:02 PM)
Wow.

That's very cool.

yes.gif

In the meantime, there is a boot of EPIC quality out there called "iShoot iEdit" shot in Chicago last year. Most of the footage was shot by a guy that goes by Tapehead2 and like I said, the quality in terms of both video and audio is amazing. If you didn't know it was a boot, you'd think it was a pro-shot commercial release. It is available for download at The Trader's Den (bit torrent) with 10 seeders at present here : http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87327 (must be a member and logged in to see the thread). Also likely it's up on Youtube somewhere as well. Search The Wall Chicago 2010 and I'm guessing you'll find it.

Did anyone go see it at the Coliseum in L.A. last night? If so, how about a report back?

My favorite is the 3 or 4 cam matrix from Holland I think ? it's awesome !

Chicago is a good one too.

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ May 22 2012, 02:37 PM)
Wow.

That's very cool.

yes.gif

How's the audio on that one? As good as Chicago? Avaialble on Dime, TTD or Yesshkul?

The Wall tonight in Portland!! 12th row, floor.

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ May 22 2012, 05:49 PM)
QUOTE (nappy2112 @ May 22 2012, 02:37 PM)
Wow.

That's very cool.

yes.gif

How's the audio on that one? As good as Chicago? Avaialble on Dime, TTD or Yesshkul?

I got it from Yesshkul.

It' been a couple months since I watched it but I remember the audio was good but not A+, the video however makes up for it. yes.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 22 2012, 04:01 PM)
QUOTE (driventotheedge @ May 22 2012, 02:49 PM)

Have a great time! Those should be perfect seats. This is not a stadium show, right?

That's correct. It was at The Rose Garden (home of the NBA Portland Trailblazers, roughly 20,000 capacity).

Yes, my seat was near perfection. Only one time was it not and that was when I couldn't see the lead vocalist through the holes in the wall as it was being built (towards the end of the first set). I was floor left and during "Nobody Home" when Roger is in the motel room set, it was basically right in front of me which was very cool. I won't say too much as to not spoil it for anyone that may still be waiting to attend and doesn't know how the show progresses. Suffice to say as mentioned by several people, it is a visual spectacle of incredible proportions and sonically is near perfection.

Agree with hunter's assesment above that Rog needs Dave to make it complete, even if he would never admit it. But then I'm a Gilmour guy so........ Also agree with mazyyz that tickets are bit too expensive. I think $200 with service fees would've been sufficient (it was $224 with fees). But I am VERY glad I went and VERY happy with where my seat was.

A shout out to Portland/Vancouver (Washington)/ Salem et.al. for filling the place. If it wasn't capacity, it was like 98% full.

Edited by driventotheedge

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 11 2012, 12:34 PM)
bumper.gif

MD pointed out that he had started this thread.

I just got offered to attend this show in a few weeks, and was looking to find out what people thought about it...if it's worth it?

As i said, you MUST go . You will thank me, unless you don't like the Wall , in that case you should prob stay home biggrin.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 11 2012, 10:34 AM)
bumper.gif

I just got offered to attend this show in a few weeks, and was looking to find out what people thought about it...if it's worth it?

The best concert I've ever seen.

I've got a few decent pictures earlier in this thread from the second time I saw it. I would see it again tonight if I could.

Simply the best production of a show you can imagine.

Go and have a great time!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 11 2012, 10:38 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 11 2012, 12:34 PM)
bumper.gif

As i said, you MUST go . You will thank me, unless you don't like the Wall , in that case you should prob stay home biggrin.gif

Concur. You WILL be blown away. Period.

My God, I can't even begin to describe the levels of emotion I felt last night seeing this. If you can go out and see this concert, do it. Everything just FITS.

When they scanned our tickets last night they told us our seats were no longer available do to the stage , so they upgraded us to floor, 2nd row, center. ohmy.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hope to have some pics before long.

AMAZNG SHOW !!!!