07/23/10 - Saratoga Springs, NY

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Section 5, Row L, seat 1 for me this year. Alex's side. About 12 rows or so from the pit, so maybe 15 or so rows back. Not great, but not too bad to be honest. Remember, SPAC hasn't a bad seat in the house IMO.

Section 2 row V.

Not sure how that is, I'm new at this....but.

First Rush concert...woohoo!

Now to figure out how to get there, and how long it takes.

now for The Fair tickets....Other people do want to go, so I have to figure out more things.

can't wait in any event.

Is there any way to get here on public transportation? As a New York City guy I can't drive, I refuse to give my money to Jones beach and I'll have to be back at college by the time of the PNC show. So that leaves SPAC or Camden. I know I can get to the Camden show on the train but I've heard such great things about this venue and I'd love to go

QUOTE (Chrysalii @ Apr 13 2010, 05:52 PM)
Section 2 row V.

Not sure how that is, I'm new at this....but.
First Rush concert...woohoo!
Now to figure out how to get there, and how long it takes.

now for The Fair tickets....Other people do want to go, so I have to figure out more things.

can't wait in any event.

You're in the section right before sound board. It's a good seat. You'd be amazed at what you see inside that place, even from way back. I'd be happy if I were you!

QUOTE (jonfiredaman02 @ Apr 13 2010, 06:25 PM)
Is there any way to get here on public transportation? As a New York City guy I can't drive, I refuse to give my money to Jones beach and I'll have to be back at college by the time of the PNC show. So that leaves SPAC or Camden. I know I can get to the Camden show on the train but I've heard such great things about this venue and I'd love to go

You can take the train to Albany/Renselear. From there? You could take the northway express bus (CDTA = capital district trans. authority). As for getting home, not sure..? I mention the bus b/c it's a Friday.

A cab ride from Albany/Rens. to Saratoga would take 30-40 minutes so it could be pricey, but that depends on what you prefer. The venue is great which is why I am traveling hours to go "home" again and see them! (well, "home" for me)

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Apr 13 2010, 07:08 PM)
ILG, what's a better ride to SPAC from Interstate 84....The thru-way or the taconic parkway? http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/confused13.gif

I'd go the Thruway, I-87. Once it hits Albany, I-87 becomes a toll-free road (we call it the Northway). Get off exit 13N for route 9, go a couple miles and take a left into the park/venue http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/yes.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 13 2010, 06:38 PM)

You can take the train to Albany/Renselear. From there? You could take the northway express bus (CDTA = capital district trans. authority). As for getting home, not sure..? I mention the bus b/c it's a Friday.

A cab ride from Albany/Rens. to Saratoga would take 30-40 minutes so it could be pricey, but that depends on what you prefer. The venue is great which is why I am traveling hours to go "home" again and see them! (well, "home" for me)

Thanks, that was helpful!

I'll look into it.

QUOTE (jonfiredaman02 @ Apr 14 2010, 12:33 AM)

I'll look into it.

Try PMing Different Strings; he came all the way from Australia last year and I believe he took the train from NYC? Idk, he got to Saratoga somehow without a car!

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 14 2010, 09:21 PM)

I'll look into it.

Try PMing Different Strings; he came all the way from Australia last year and I believe he took the train from NYC? Idk, he got to Saratoga somehow without a car!

No need to PM me I just saw this post http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif I will always have a soft spot for Saratoga and yes I did catch the train from Penn station to Saratoga springs which was about a 3 hour trip if I recall. I think it was the Amtrack train that goes all the way to TORONTO. I stayed overnight at a hotel only about 10 mins from SPAC but I can't remember the name - Maybe ILUVGEDDY05 does as she picked me up from there. Great place and venue so enjoy the show. http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/trink39.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Apr 15 2010, 03:09 AM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 14 2010, 09:21 PM)

I'll look into it.

No need to PM me I just saw this post http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif I will always have a soft spot for Saratoga and yes I did catch the train from Penn station to Saratoga springs which was about a 3 hour trip if I recall. I think it was the Amtrack train that goes all the way to TORONTO. I stayed overnight at a hotel only about 10 mins from SPAC but I can't remember the name - Maybe ILUVGEDDY05 does as she picked me up from there. Great place and venue so enjoy the show. http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/trink39.gif

crap, I don't remember the hotel! It'll come to me..

Did you take the train all the way to Saratoga? I guess I recall that now vaguely lol

I haven't planned anything. I'm still trying to figure out the way to get there (I think I got it, I figured it would be mostly thruway).

I've got 3 months...actually one day, I always rush these things, I won't plan anything until July 22...probably that morning (eh, I'll run out of gas by Utica)

QUOTE (Chrysalii @ Apr 20 2010, 04:53 PM)
I haven't planned anything.  I'm still trying to figure out the way to get there (I think I got it, I figured it would be mostly thruway).
I've got 3 months...actually one day, I always rush these things, I won't plan anything until July 22...probably that morning (eh, I'll run out of gas by Utica)

When are you leaving?

I will probably depart 'cuse mid afternoon. I can't offer you a ride since I will be staying at my parents house all weekend but you *could* potentially follow me? Then you'd know how to get back too.

Just an option. PM me if you want more details http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

~Jill

**EDIT: Obviously I mean I will be leaving on the 23rd, the day of show.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 20 2010, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE (Chrysalii @ Apr 20 2010, 04:53 PM)
I haven't planned anything.  I'm still trying to figure out the way to get there (I think I got it, I figured it would be mostly thruway).

When are you leaving?

I will probably depart 'cuse mid afternoon. I can't offer you a ride since I will be staying at my parents house all weekend but you *could* potentially follow me? Then you'd know how to get back too.

Just an option. PM me if you want more details http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

~Jill

**EDIT: Obviously I mean I will be leaving on the 23rd, the day of show.

Psh I'm leavin NOW! That's how excited I am! http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

I'll be at SPAC....again! I got spoiled at Hershey Park a couple of years ago by being in the 2nd row. I'll be in the Pit at SPAC this year. I love this venue. I splurged because I'm only seeing two shows this year, so I could spend a little more on each one.

Jill..I was part of that epic fail for the meet up to welcome Different Strings a couple of years ago. I got there too late. Maybe this year?? Coming from the Syr. area, too.

QUOTE (yyztmmb @ Apr 22 2010, 06:21 PM)
I'll be at SPAC....again! I got spoiled at Hershey Park a couple of years ago by being in the 2nd row. I'll be in the Pit at SPAC this year. I love this venue. I splurged because I'm only seeing two shows this year, so I could spend a little more on each one.
Jill..I was part of that epic fail for the meet up to welcome Different Strings a couple of years ago. I got there too late. Maybe this year?? Coming from the Syr. area, too.

LOL! You know, it's tough because the park itself is pretty big and there are many options for parking, getting into the venue, etc. It's confusing, I know.

Pit at SPAC? You won't find a better pit area IMO. The stage is RIGHTTHERE in front row, so even a few rows back is like front row at other venues.

Take for example Darien Lake. I saw them there years ago and while I was far back, front row looked like it was several feet away -- and down -- from the stage. Sucks! At SPAC front row, I could almost tell if Geddy double-knotted his shoelaces or not.

Archived