51 members have voted

1. 1. Do they do any ?

• Yes they do something from it
    • No They save them for the next tour

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted that they wont play any S/A songs, though I think, unfortunately, I'll be wrong.

I like SA alright, but it would be really nice to lay off that stuff on a time machine tour. Theres so much better material.

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 10 2010, 02:23 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 9 2010, 06:27 PM)
What you say?
I think they skip S&A altogether on this tour and really dig deep into some old songs in the vault

I totally agree. Rush is up to something and I have a feeling that it's not going to be what people think. Their first stop in the time machine will be 1974. They're going to open with Working Man. I don't see a band like Rush who's been around 36 years to play songs off their most recent album on a tour with a Time Machine theme. No way. They played 9 songs from S&A on that tour. If you had a time machine, would you go back 3 years? Their new material will be from the future from an album that hasn't been released yet. That's the closest they'll come to S&A. It's really a great concept and the band is going to have some fun with it. I'm right on this. You'll see.

The ones who voted no S&A are right. They played the shit out of S&A on the last tour. We've got the S&A DVD if we didn't get enough the first or second time around. I know they're probably burnt out on it too. I like S&A, but if they play anything from it on this tour I'll be very surprised and disappointed. They're never going to do a tour like this again. This will be the last time we have a chance to see some of these songs live. Ever. It's going to be historic. I'm sure they'll go back to normal set lists on the second leg after the new album. They'll go back to some S&A then. I think any S&A on a tour like this would be a mistake. Did I really see some people predicting 3 songs from S&A? Seriously!? Are you 15? I would almost bet my house that they're even going to cut some songs we've been hearing every tour for years just to make more room for the songs from the vault. Time Machine. Vault. Rush. It's just a no-brainer for me. I could be wrong, but this isn't the Rolling Stones, The Who, or other older bands that leave fans yearning for what once was. I'm sorry guys. It just aggravates me that people could think that this is anything other than ordinary. Great thread metaldad. It's got me to the point where I'm about to go outside and kick the neighbor's cat. I'm going to start my own thread on this.

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 10 2010, 08:40 PM)
What you say?
I think they skip S&A altogether on this tour and really dig deep into some old songs in the vault

I totally agree. Rush is up to something and I have a feeling that it's not going to be what people think. Their first stop in the time machine will be 1974. They're going to open with Working Man. I don't see a band like Rush who's been around 36 years to play songs off their most recent album on a tour with a Time Machine theme. No way. They played 9 songs from S&A on that tour. If you had a time machine, would you go back 3 years? Their new material will be from the future from an album that hasn't been released yet. That's the closest they'll come to S&A. It's really a great concept and the band is going to have some fun with it. I'm right on this. You'll see.

The ones who voted no S&A are right. They played the shit out of S&A on the last tour. We've got the S&A DVD if we didn't get enough the first or second time around. I know they're probably burnt out on it too. I like S&A, but if they play anything from it on this tour I'll be very surprised and disappointed. They're never going to do a tour like this again. This will be the last time we have a chance to see some of these songs live. Ever. It's going to be historic. I'm sure they'll go back to normal set lists on the second leg after the new album. They'll go back to some S&A then. I think any S&A on a tour like this would be a mistake. Did I really see some people predicting 3 songs from S&A? Seriously!? Are you 15? I would almost bet my house that they're even going to cut some songs we've been hearing every tour for years just to make more room for the songs from the vault. Time Machine. Vault. Rush. It's just a no-brainer for me. I could be wrong, but this isn't the Rolling Stones, The Who, or other older bands that leave fans yearning for what once was. I'm sorry guys. It just aggravates me that people could think that this is anything other than ordinary. Great thread metaldad. It's got me to the point where I'm about to go outside and kick the neighbor's cat. I'm going to start my own thread on this.

Please don't kick your neighbor's cat.

Sorry folks but there will be a few snakes songs played again. People thinking that "Time Machine" means all old material and/or all b-sides are in for disappointment. There are some gems on the setlist for sure, but it's a pretty standard mix of songs (hits & rare songs, old and new songs).

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 9 2010, 05:27 PM)
What you say?

I like your thinking but Rush like S&A way way too much to not play anything off of it. Maybe TMMB, Far Cry, and Faithless or something.

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 10 2010, 10:11 AM)
QUOTE (peoplecanteatmachinefood @ Apr 10 2010, 09:48 AM)
I hate S&A.  I think it's a terrible album compared to all the others.  I'd be perfectly happy if they just never played anything from it again.

Its better than T4E, RTB, Counterparts and Vapor Trails(Too Some Extent). All for different reasons, but nonetheless better.

Oh come on, better than Counterparts? Really? tongue.gif

I hope they buy the time machine that's not missing the "Caress of Steel" setting on the levers.

QUOTE (peoplecanteatmachinefood @ Apr 10 2010, 09:56 PM)
QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 10 2010, 08:40 PM)
What you say?

Please don't kick your neighbor's cat.

I'm not. Just an expression. I was getting a little frustrated. Doing better now. cool10.gif Screw it. I hope they play the whole friggin S&A album. Then maybe next tour they'll only play 5 or 6. You people are crazy. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 10 2010, 10:00 PM)
Sorry folks but there will be a few snakes songs played again. People thinking that "Time Machine" means all old material and/or all b-sides are in for disappointment. There are some gems on the setlist for sure, but it's a pretty standard mix of songs (hits & rare songs, old and new songs).

This. I see way too many posts that make me think some people are really overthinking the Time Machine thing.

There will be S&A. I'm betting on Far Cry to open. I'd like to hear TMMB and Armor and Sword. Possibly Faithless. And MalNar.

The only one I wouldn't want to hear is The Larger Bowl. Once live was enough. For now.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 10 2010, 10:02 PM)
Sorry folks but there will be a few snakes songs played again.  People thinking that "Time Machine" means all old material and/or all b-sides are in for disappointment.  There are some gems on the setlist for sure, but it's a pretty standard mix of songs (hits & rare songs, old and new songs).

This. I see way too many posts that make me think some people are really overthinking the Time Machine thing.

There will be S&A. I'm betting on Far Cry to open. I'd like to hear TMMB and Armor and Sword. Possibly Faithless. And MalNar.

The only one I wouldn't want to hear is The Larger Bowl. Once live was enough. For now.

I'm with you on the first three you list, Mara. I think they are three of the most solid songs on the album. MalNar is just fun and would be a good lead-in or out from an instrumental set. Just can't see them doing more than four songs from S&A though.

How do you know this for sure? Odds are you're 100% correct. The poll clearly shows the majority thinking the tour will be "pretty standard" and it probably will be. But something about your post seems eerily familiar. I'm pretty sure you're the same person that told me Rush would not be stopping in Indy hours before the set list was even revealed. That shit bummed me out because you sounded like you knew for a fact and you ended up being right. If you are, can you at least try and sound like you're just assuming and not be so matter-of-fact? Seriously dude, you even started off in this thread by saying "Sorry folks". Sorry for what? Are you that sure of yourself or are you banging Geddy's cousin and getting inside information? Either way, you could cause someone to have a stroke someday coming off like that.

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 11 2010, 01:34 AM)
Sorry folks but there will be a few snakes songs played again.  People thinking that "Time Machine" means all old material and/or all b-sides are in for disappointment.  There are some gems on the setlist for sure, but it's a pretty standard mix of songs (hits & rare songs, old and new songs).

How do you know this for sure? Odds are you're 100% correct. The poll clearly shows the majority thinking the tour will be "pretty standard" and it probably will be. But something about your post seems eerily familiar. I'm pretty sure you're the same person that told me Rush would not be stopping in Indy hours before the set list was even revealed. That shit bummed me out because you sounded like you knew for a fact and you ended up being right. If you are, can you at least try and sound like you're just assuming and not be so matter-of-fact? Seriously dude, you even started off in this thread by saying "Sorry folks". Sorry for what? Are you that sure of yourself or are you banging Geddy's cousin and getting inside information? Either way, you could cause someone to have a stroke someday coming off like that.

Score Out does have inside info - not sure who or how exactly, but he's been bang-on about everything so far.

If FOH Lights or Score Out weighs in with information - pay attention. wink.gif

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 11 2010, 12:34 AM)

I'm not assuming...I do know what I posted for a fact.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking me to do - you want me to pretend I'm assuming when I'm not assuming? Sounds a little over my head!

The "sorry" was because 99% of Rush fans would be thrilled if the setlist was comprised of primarily older material - and I'm sure most of this board would love a setlist heavy in b-sides - however that's not the case. Seems the tour name was causing people to jump to an incorrect conclusion. Again though, with that said there are definitely some gems on the setlist and it's pretty strong overall if you're realistic.

Edited by Score Out

QUOTE (Score Out @ Apr 11 2010, 01:52 AM)
QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 11 2010, 12:34 AM)

I'm not assuming...I do know what I posted for a fact.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking me to do - you want me to pretend I'm assuming when I'm not assuming? Sounds a little over my head!

The "sorry" was because 99% of Rush fans would be thrilled if the setlist was comprised of primarily older material - and I'm sure most of this board would love a setlist heavy in b-sides - however that's not the case. Seems the tour name was causing people to jump to an incorrect conclusion. Again though, with that said there are definitely some gems on the setlist and it's pretty strong overall if you're realistic.

Pretending to assume was just a suggestion. I meant it as a joke. Especially in my case when I was told there would be no stops in Indy. I wasn't sure if they were full of shit or not. When it was said as fact, it kind of took the fun and anticipation out of it. Mainly because it wasn't what I wanted to hear but I got over it. It was kind of like a spoiler. Like in this thread tonight. You just show up and tell us how it's going to be. It was aggravating because I didn't know if you knew what you were talking about or just some asshole. I'm glad you told me because I was sticking with that theory all the way. Other people could get bent out of shape over it. That's all I was saying. So was I close? Is it Ged's cousin or something else entirely? Can you send me a set-list? laugh.gif

I think they will play Far Cry.

I doubt they will do more then one, seeing as the tour has a time machine theme.

I think this tour will be a journey through Rush's history using lots of visuals and making a stop on every album.