3 stooges intro

should they bring back the 3 stooges intro?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. should they bring back the 3 stooges intro?

• yes
    • no

Stooges intro was great! Showed how they don't take themselves so seriously. To refer to yourselves as the Three Stooges is quite an insite into their personalities.

I say bring it back along with the old lasers, etc. Maybe even the giant rabbits from the Presto tour! smile.gif

ENA

common001.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Apr 10 2010, 02:52 PM)
Stooges intro was great! Showed how they don't take themselves so seriously. To refer to yourselves as the Three Stooges is quite an insite into their personalities.

I say bring it back along with the old lasers, etc. Maybe even the giant rabbits from the Presto tour! smile.gif

ENA

common001.gif

i draw the line with the rabbits. no rabbits please.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 10 2010, 12:22 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 9 2010, 05:01 PM)
you can't have a time machine tour without it!  1287.gif

Hell no. Show a montage of pictures of their different phases/looks throughout the years of their career. This would really get my adrenaline rolling...and then they break out into a monster classic!

you mean like what they did with r30 at the beginning?

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 10 2010, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 10 2010, 12:22 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 9 2010, 05:01 PM)
you can't have a time machine tour without it!  1287.gif

Hell no. Show a montage of pictures of their different phases/looks throughout the years of their career. This would really get my adrenaline rolling...and then they break out into a monster classic!

you mean like what they did with r30 at the beginning?

I don't remember. Is this what they did?? ph34r.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 9 2010, 05:56 PM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Apr 9 2010, 05:52 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 9 2010, 04:02 PM)
Sure, as long as those Unfunny asshats Doug and Bob are nowhere to be found

that's not a very beauty way to go eh

No disrespect to anyone from the Great White North . That video on the S&A tour was crap imo

Holy shit what if Rush played "Take Off!" on the tour? HAHAHAHA!! Beauty!

COO LU COO COO COO COO COO COOOOOOOO!!!!

To really go back in time, they need to bring back "Nights, Winters, Years" by the Blue Jays, as was used from caress of steel (or possibly not till 2112) until Hemispheres. For those of you that haven't heard the whole thing (more than what's on ATWAS, here's what I'm talking about:

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 10 2010, 01:08 PM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 10 2010, 12:05 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 10 2010, 12:03 PM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 10 2010, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 9 2010, 05:02 PM)
Sure, as long as those Unfunny asshats Doug and Bob are nowhere to be found

angry.gif

Agian, no disrespect . I just don't know how anyone with hearing can find them funny biggrin.gif

Well, it wasn't really funny at the concert, but their other stuff is funny.

Cool . I really did not get that whole vid they did on tour. Do Rush really think that was funny ? trink39.gif

I didn't quite get that either, mainly because the song that bit intro'd is one of the gloomier songs Rush has ever done. A comedic intro just seemed off-base.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 10 2010, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Apr 10 2010, 02:52 PM)
Stooges intro was great!  Showed how they don't take themselves so seriously.  To refer to yourselves as the Three Stooges is quite an insite into their personalities. 

I say bring it back along with the old lasers, etc.  Maybe even the giant rabbits from the Presto tour!  smile.gif

ENA

common001.gif

i draw the line with the rabbits. no rabbits please.

Ok, I went a bit far with the rabbits... got carried away.

How about they wear kimonos during some part of the show?!? smile.gif

j/k

"Unfunny asshats" is my new favorite term! thanks. I don't care if they fall out of a Mr Ding-a-ling truck as an intro.

QUOTE (KevinDallas @ Apr 9 2010, 05:25 PM)
I don't think they'll bring the 3 Stooges back because their intro videos have become major productions. It just wouldn't fit in with what their presentation has evolved into. Don't get me wrong, I would love it, especially if they went right into The Big Money, that ruled! 2.gif

Maybe they could have a video of some kind play and then end it with 3 Stooges right before Rush take the stage. I guess that would also depend on the opening song. If it was something powerful like the songs they used the intro with before: The Big Money or Tom Sawyer, it would work really good.

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ May 5 2010, 11:18 PM)
I don't think they'll bring the 3 Stooges back because their intro videos have become major productions.  It just wouldn't fit in with what their presentation has evolved into.  Don't get me wrong, I would love it, especially if they went right into The Big Money, that ruled!  2.gif

Maybe they could have a video of some kind play and then end it with 3 Stooges right before Rush take the stage. I guess that would also depend on the opening song. If it was something powerful like the songs they used the intro with before: The Big Money or Tom Sawyer, it would work really good.

Dude, why do you need to clog up the board with all the concerts you've been to in your life. Other than you, no one really gives a shit.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 5 2010, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ May 5 2010, 11:18 PM)
I don't think they'll bring the 3 Stooges back because their intro videos have become major productions.  It just wouldn't fit in with what their presentation has evolved into.  Don't get me wrong, I would love it, especially if they went right into The Big Money, that ruled!  2.gif

Dude, why do you need to clog up the board with all the concerts you've been to in your life. Other than you, no one really gives a shit.

If you don't like it, then ignore it and scroll past it.

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ May 5 2010, 11:52 PM)
Dude, why do you need to clog up the board with all the concerts you've been to in your life. Other than you, no one really gives a shit. [/quote]

Trust me...I did.

Why don't you just post what you ate and shat for dinner while you're at it.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 5 2010, 10:57 PM)

If you don't like it, then ignore it and scroll past it. [/quote]
Trust me...I did.

Why don't you just post what you ate and shat for dinner while you're at it.

Well, hell. With 50,000 characters allowed for signatures, imagine all the fun shit we could put in them! laugh.gif No, I wouldn't go that far, but ya, it is a bit annoying to look at all the time. Hmmmm, does it look better now?

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ May 6 2010, 03:29 PM)

Trust me...I did.

Why don't you just post what you ate and shat for dinner while you're at it. [/quote]
Well, hell. With 50,000 characters allowed for signatures, imagine all the fun shit we could put in them! laugh.gif No, I wouldn't go that far, but ya, it is a bit annoying to look at all the time. Hmmmm, does it look better now?

just busting balls bro....put what you want, it really doesn't bother me. In answer to your question...yes, much better.

If the 3 Stooges intro play any part then it should be minor. That is, during the intro vid (which usually seems to last a couple of minutes these days) they could have it playing in the background for whatever reason.

Not as an opening song BUT they should get the rights to play a clip of Back to the Future...specifically the part where Marty McFly says, "I got to get back to the year 1985." RIGHT after that they should play The Big Money. That was my random Rush thought this morning. Anyways....

"Show a montage of pictures of their different phases/looks throughout the years of their career." goodpost.gif

I think that's a good idea. I love the stooges and all their fun video's. I love the dragon. But considering the theme...........

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 7 2010, 01:21 AM)
If the 3 Stooges intro play any part then it should be minor. That is, during the intro vid (which usually seems to last a couple of minutes these days) they could have it playing in the background for whatever reason.

Not as an opening song BUT they should get the rights to play a clip of Back to the Future...specifically the part where Marty McFly says, "I got to get back to the year 1985." RIGHT after that they should play The Big Money. That was my random Rush thought this morning. Anyways....

You know, it really would be awesome if somehow they were able to include Marty McFly/Michael J. Fox in the intro somewhere. There is that Canadian connection.

Of course, I have no idea if Fox is a fan. I know it's un-Canadian to not like Rush tongue.gif , but I've heard of it happening.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 7 2010, 12:21 AM)

great idea!