Number of Shows Planned?

tripdad

How many shows will you attend?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How many shows will you attend?

• 3-5
    • >5

I am hoping like hell for more dates, in particular an NC show. Atlanta is not much further away for me than Charlotte or Raleigh so I may go to that show but would really rather not have to go to ATL as the traffic down there is a major buzzkiller.

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 10 2010, 03:05 PM)
I am hoping like hell for more dates, in particular an NC show. Atlanta is not much further away for me than Charlotte or Raleigh so I may go to that show but would really rather not have to go to ATL as the traffic down there is a major buzzkiller.

Next year it will be a larger tour with more dates yes.gif

Really shooting for two. One I know I will definitely make it (well, if tix don't go fast for venue) but the other? It really depends on the price. I want to come in at $150 for both shows give or take, but if it's closing in near $200, that's a lot for where I am financially right now.

Ny State Fair

West Palm Beach My father lives 20 minutes away from the amphitheater so I will go for a quick vist and see the show

Anything over 2 shows is just overkill IMO Its not like you 're getting totally different setlist every night

Forget the meet and greets! Just find out where the band will be exiting the venue and wait for them after the show. It might take 1-3 hours for this to happen, but they have to come out eventually. I've done this with several artists. Truly enterprising fans could go down to the venue in the afternoon on the day of the show and try to meet them before soundcheck.

My friends and I waited for them after the show on the RTB tour in Toronto. I had to leave before they came out (I had curfew - I was 16 at the time) but my friend (a guitarist and a huge fan) met Alex and talked guitar with him for quite a while if I remember + got the autograph. Few people take this approach, especially if it's cold outside. The trick is to be the last one to approach them. That was you may get the most time of anyone to talk with them if everyone else has had their moment.

We also met Geddy once after he did an interview at Q107 in Toronto. His wife just kept smiling, but he was pretty distant. Don't recall him saying a word, he just sorta stared at us, signed our stuff and left.

I think if you're a musician and can talk about equipment with them you'll probably get a much more interesting, longer conversation than if you just gush and tell them how much you love them. They've heard that a million times, but if you were to ask Alex or Geddy something like "how did you get that effect on X song on Y album?" or "I found out about this new pedal you've got to check out! It does X, Y and Z" or any sort of questions about their equipment I'm betting they'd tell you everything you want to know.

And hey, and if you're one of the ladies, who knows, they might even go out with you for a drink (especially if they're not in Toronto)!

If you're REALLY hardcore, you could always regularly stake out the Orbit Room in Toronto, the bar Alex owns. Might be a good place to go after the Toronto shows, no?

2. Albuquerque & Houston. First show & close to the end. I'm looking forward to seing how the show evolves. I'm also excited because it's the first time I've caught an opening night, and first time I've been able to catch multiple shows on the same leg.

My wife and I will be attending three shows: San Antonio, Houston and Dallas. Our first Rush concert was at the Woodlands (Houston) in 1997 just a few days after we graduated high school. We've never seen Rush in Dallas before, I hope it's a nice venue.

I will be at SPAC and the NYS fair. Was going to only do one this tour but my friend called with an extra ticket for SYR. The venue is only 40 minutes or so away....gotta go to the show.

2, as posted down there.

Still haven't gotten anything planned for Saratoga (besides the tickets...I still have a couple months), but the NYS Fair will be the normal Fair thing, head there and walk around for a few hours (one of those hours being in the milk line...though it usually moves pretty swiftly, so it may be closer to 20 minutes...except when I go back in line).

Living so close to the fair makes it boring after the hundredth time (maybe 50th), though the food is always good, and sometimes the free (with price of admission) concert is good. Still nothing else to do around here for those 12 days.

The NYS Fair is about 5 minutes away from me.

2 shows this leg.

WPB and Tampa.

Next leg 3-4 for sure.