Advice requested.

whoisrush

I've decided to say bollocks to the recession and travel to the US for the upcoming tour. The venue I have gone for is the PNC Bank Arts Center on Sept 3rd so any info or advice from anyone would be appreciated.

What would help would be info on nearby hotels, transport to and from the venue, or anything else about the area.

Thanks to anyone who can give me any info.

if you don't have a preference, look into Las Vegas. Hotels/flight packages are very reasonable!!

PNC is a solid shed/outdoor venue. Good sound, and you'll get a fun, enthusiastic NY area crowd. Its off a major NJ parkway, so I think youll be ok getting a motel in one of the surrounding burbs. Not a bad choice, but if you're coming from across the pond, you may want to explore options with better extracurricular activities (ie. somewhere closer to a city).

QUOTE (jonfiredaman02 @ Apr 9 2010, 03:43 PM)
I've found that there is little reliable public transportation to PNC. As an NYC teenager who couldn't drive two years ago I found it was almost impossible to get there without a car.

True. Unless you take a cab from your hotel, you are not getting there without a car

Edited by metaldad

Thanks for the replies.

PNC looks like a good bet because it fits in with time off work etc so it looks like I will head there.

Whats it like for picking up tickets at the venue or is it worth buying them when I am there?

Also, getting a cab there is no problem but are there any cabs at the venue after the show has finished?

Lots of questions I know but I really appreciate your help guys. Thanks again.

QUOTE (sundog @ Apr 10 2010, 01:59 PM)
PNC is a fabulous place to see a show!!!

We partied on the hill in 08 as a rather large group

but

The best memory is the party before the show at the Exxon!!!!

wub.gif

Yes it was and hopefully it will again!!!!

QUOTE (Slacker @ Apr 11 2010, 05:04 PM)
QUOTE (sundog @ Apr 10 2010, 01:59 PM)
PNC is a fabulous place to see a show!!!

We partied on the hill in 08 as a rather large group

but

The best memory is the party before the show at the Exxon!!!! 

wub.gif

Yes it was and hopefully it will again!!!!

laugh.gif x 2. trink39.gif

Well, that's it. Flights and hotel now booked for me and my son. Arrive on the 2nd, see the show on the 3rd, day doing the sights in New York on the 4th and then home on the 5th.

Any advice on cab availability after the show would be welcome.

I've seen a TON of shows at PNC and I don't recall ever seeing a cab there. You'd probably have to arrange for one to come get you ahead of time. I used to live less than 5 mins from PNC, and I can't think of any cab company in the area off the top of my head.

QUOTE (whoisrush @ Apr 11 2010, 12:04 PM)
Well, that's it. Flights and hotel now booked for me and my son. Arrive on the 2nd, see the show on the 3rd, day doing the sights in New York on the 4th and then home on the 5th.

Any advice on cab availability after the show would be welcome.

If possible, I would rent a car. It's quite easy to get to PNC, since it's right off the Garden Staten Parkway.

Being an expiate who hails from Reading, Berkshire I'll chime in!

I'd say get the train from Penn to Aberdeen Matawan,

The shuttle bus to and from the PNC (About four miles) is fun especially on the way back.

Rush shows usually end by just gone 11.00pm.

Find out exactly where the shuttle bus picks up from on the way back on the inward journey As if the lawn will probably be busy and it can take a while to get to the spot.

As I'm planning to get decent tickets to the SPAC show, I'll probably be on the lawn and the bus for this show.

Ok, just booked my tickets through Livenation and I am in block 304. Had to use the willcall option and somehow this costs 2.50 per ticket???

Is the willcall system as straight forward as it seems or are there any problems likely to be encountered?

Thanks for the help so far and hope to see some of you there in September.