This is a great story behind Red Barchetta

Mr Rush

I saw this a couple years back and what most surprised me was that it took Foster sixteen years to learn his story had been turned into the popular "Red Barchetta." ohmy.gif

Great read..........not to go off topic,........probably easy to find,......what's the story with Neil's "riding partner"?.....was this guy

security for Rush in general?......this dude's credentials,....seems to be knee deep in all things "security"......if nothing else he seems

to have hit the jackpot with the Rush gig.........I don't know,I understand having security but was Rush under some heavy surveillance

from potential threats that they needed to have a full time Magnum P.I.?..........

Big guy, he's towering over Neil!

http://rsftripreporter.net/xComcast/BCPLtransfer/BMW/NEP-MMreport/IMG_5854.jpg

I noticed that, too. Neil's tall, and he's dwarfed in that pic.

Great read..........not to go off topic,........probably easy to find,......what's the story with Neil's "riding partner"?.....was this guy

security for Rush in general?......this dude's credentials,....seems to be knee deep in all things "security"......if nothing else he seems

to have hit the jackpot with the Rush gig.........I don't know,I understand having security but was Rush under some heavy surveillance

from potential threats that they needed to have a full time Magnum P.I.?..........

I don't believe they were under any threats of harm but it was a wise move for Neil to hire someone to ride with him. If something happened to Neil out on some random road in the middle of nowhere, nobody would know where he was or what happened. With a riding partner he had someone to watch his back in case he was in an accident or got stranded for some reason.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

I don't believe they were under any threats of harm but it was a wise move for Neil to hire someone to ride with him. If something happened to Neil out on some random road in the middle of nowhere, nobody would know where he was or what happened. With a riding partner he had someone to watch his back in case he was in an accident or got stranded for some reason.

I agree. Neil said in one of his books or interviews that he originally hired his security guy, Michael Mosbach, for help in keeping his home address and some other identifying information safe and they got to be great friends. Neil gave the impression that he had already had a huge loss in the past and wanted to be very safe with his family now. I don't think Rush was ever under any heavy threats but you really can't blame Neil after what happened to John Lennon. It's cool that he and his security ended up as great pals.

Edited by blueschica