Tour Venues

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Apr 8 2010, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE (Apollo @ Apr 8 2010, 02:26 PM)
I'm glad they're still playing the USANA in Salt Lake City as it is a great outdoor place for a show, have seen them the last two tours there.  I'm surprised Portland got left out on this tour but Salt Lake is an hour closer to drive to than Portland anyway from here in Boise, where I'm sure they won't be playing anytime soon.

Apollo! I'm in Twin Falls! I'll be hitting the USANA as well, and possibly Seattle and Vegas! I'm also fighting back the urge to drive to Albuquerque for the opening night!

Nice to see another Idaho Rush fan!

trink39.gif

trink39.gif To Idaho.. Still winter there where I like to go.. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Nice to see a good report on USANA, I'v never been there and is about 7 hrs out. ABQ is just 3 hrs and I'm for sure there..

applaudit.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Apr 8 2010, 02:39 PM)
QUOTE (g under p @ Apr 8 2010, 02:31 PM)
This tour is going to be a booming success and I think more bands should do this kind of summer tour with one particular album featured..

I agree. Steely Dan and Heart come to mind as bands that have played thei most popular albums in their entirety, but with Steely Dan i think they alternated between 3 albums depending on the venue.

This is brilliant marketing by the Rush camp, but I think it would have been an even bigger coup if they announced a Permanent Waves/Moving Pictures alternate album tour, where they go back and forth every other night. Especially with how hardcore Rush fans are, it would have drawn a lot more fans to 2 shows rather than 1

This all came to my mind when I saw Metallica play *Master Of Puppets* in it's entirety 30 minutes into their 20th anniversary show of that album in Germany. I have to say it was awesome to hear THAT album in that way, it was so captivating.

I believe these shows will be just as captivating and to hear TCE is icing on the cake.

Peace

No Cleveland,Cuyahoga Falls.. Q/Blossom Music Center date as originally posted on RIAB? sad.gif

I wish theyd forgo playing these terrible sheds (which they dont sell out), and instead play smaller theaters like the Beacon for a couple nights (which they would sell out). But these sheds have been main venue for alot of bands, both classic and new for a while now.

...and it is disappointing to hear they're playing state fairs this tour, thats so "Styx/Reo". Cheese.

Word on the street is that they will be opening for a Puppet show on a few of those dates

The whole getting-upset-about-state-fairs thing was more interesting when bands had other ways to make money besides touring. Besides, I only counted like 3 on the schedule, most of the dates are places they've played before.

QUOTE (furie @ Apr 8 2010, 07:10 PM)
they've been playing and filling Jones Beach since the 70's. It's a great place to see a concert.

I hate Jones Beach. The ambiance is beautiful, but if you're not sitting in the front towards the middle of the stage your experience will be compromised.

Most of the floor seats, especially the ones to the sides of the stage, are dreadful.

You might as well stay home if you have to sit way on either side, regardless of how close to the stage you are.

And if you are on the floor and nowhere near the front and have some guy 6'2" in front of you, have fun trying to see anything.

I live in NYC and will try to catch them at Mohegan Sun. At least that venue is indoors and the seating is a bit more fan-friendly.

Edited by Berzin

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 8 2010, 06:55 PM)
They are playing my State Fair but I wouldn't say it's a downgrade for them. NYS Fair gets tons of big acts every year at their grandstand, acts they sell out arenas in a heartbeat (and more than just country bands too).

I'm pumped -- I'll be leaving work Sept. 2 at 5pm and will be at the fair 5:30 at the latest. WOOHOO!!!!

I grew up not far from where you live!!! bekloppt.gif

I'm sure the guys are aware of what the economy is like. Maybe they felt it was a safer bet to fill up smaller venues, which is correct with the way things are financially.

QUOTE (quickfree @ Apr 11 2010, 11:56 AM)
Anyone think by playing these state fairs they might scale down the production quite a bit from what we're normally used to? Less special effects (lasers and fireworks) and short films in songs?

Certainly not for the tour itself. I'm not familiar with these fair events but they seem to be major tour stops for many top artists with large facilities so I can't imagine why the staging would be any different. Rush does some fun stuff but they're equipement isn't like U2 or the Stones.

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Apr 11 2010, 10:05 AM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 8 2010, 06:55 PM)
They are playing my State Fair but I wouldn't say it's a downgrade for them.  NYS Fair gets tons of big acts every year at their grandstand, acts they sell out arenas in a heartbeat (and more than just country bands too).

I'm pumped -- I'll be leaving work Sept. 2 at 5pm and will be at the fair 5:30 at the latest.  WOOHOO!!!!

I grew up not far from where you live!!! bekloppt.gif

Where?? I live in Auburn and work in downtown 'cuse. Fiance and I are building a house out in Scipio if you've ever hear of that laugh.gif

I think playing better quality state fairs just makes it one big ol' fun party to me. It's not like it's your local county fair where people are going to be walking by saying "who the hell is that?"

QUOTE (to stop awhile with you @ Apr 11 2010, 09:56 AM)
Wow, where is SC, NC, and VA? Looks like a roadtrip to DC. ohmy.gif

My sentiments exactly. We live in North Carolina. You can usually count on stops in Charlotte and Raleigh but alas, looks like me and the wife will have to hit the road.

I'm thinking they are trying to hit more secondary markets now until hitting their stride for the next leg. A lot of these cities haven't been played in years. I don't believe the economy has anything to do with it--it's recovering anyway. Why not play the smaller cities (and their sometimes smaller venues) first? Make no mistake, they are still one of the biggest draws in the business.

QUOTE (traeplien @ Apr 11 2010, 06:41 PM)
QUOTE (to stop awhile with you @ Apr 11 2010, 09:56 AM)
Wow, where is SC, NC, and VA? Looks like a roadtrip to DC. ohmy.gif

My sentiments exactly. We live in North Carolina. You can usually count on stops in Charlotte and Raleigh but alas, looks like me and the wife will have to hit the road.

Actually that DC date is really in Northern VA in Bristow the Juffy Lube Live Ampitheatre. Nice venue fromally known as Nissan Pavillion, 20+k fans and I'll be there.

Peace