08/29/10 - Columbus, OH

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that TM changed the seating arrangment on the ticket search screen.

It has been a "half-house" until this morning, now it is an "end-stage" or full house set up that pops up on the ticket search screen.

ANyont know which it will be? It will certainly affect ticket selctions as well as probably tick off some people who already have tics.

BTW, I have purchased 2 tics. Singles and their locations with the different seating arrangments will determine which one I keep for myself and which one I sell.

Keep in mind I willlikely be selling one.

Just letting you guys know in case you didn't know already that they changed the seating arrangement. Since the tickets were selling well, they pushed the stage back a row or whatever. You know how it used to be in line with sections 103 and 115? Well its now in line with the sections behind those. So yeah.... I have Section 105, row A tickets....pretty good but I thought they'd be closer, you know. It's just kind of sucks because I couldn't do a lot of the pre-sales due to class this year. And on rushisaband.com I read these stories of people scoring row 6 tickets off MusicToday but I just couldn't stick around to keep searching because I had class. Really sucks. 2007, I had row 6 Geddy side seats. You know, it'll still be fun, though. There's always next time right? (praying there will be a next time)

my husband and i are trying to make it to this show. we're not sure what money will be like at the time so we're waiting a few weeks before to get the tickets, also hoping some good onesd pop up on stub hub. good idea? we mightr want to stay over night also, cheap, decent hotel nearby? doesn't have to be super close either. holiday inn or something is good.

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jun 27 2010, 12:31 PM)
my husband and i are trying to make it to this show. we're not sure what money will be like at the time so we're waiting a few weeks before to get the tickets, also hoping some good onesd pop up on stub hub. good idea? we mightr want to stay over night also, cheap, decent hotel nearby? doesn't have to be super close either. holiday inn or something is good.

I'm staying at the Drury Inn I think it is..only a block or two from the arena.

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jun 27 2010, 12:31 PM)

Liddybuck: Right next to the Drury Inn (I can see the top floors of it from my office window) is the Hyatt Regency Columbus that I worked at when I was in college. This year marks its 30th Anniversary and every month until next April they are setting aside certain slow-dates and selling rooms at a rate of only $30. You can friend Hyatt Regency Columbus on FB and get notification of when the dates are for August (should be announced right at the end of July). If you are lucky they may announce that 8-29-10 is a $30 rate day.

Everyone else: Any thoughts on where all of us Columbus TRF attendees are wanting to meet up prior to the show. I am taking my 11 year old daughter to her first ever concert (so excited) so anyplace that is 21 just to get in won't work for us.

Crap...missed the $30 rate. Looks like they do it a few days every month no matter what day you book for? Hard to tell. Will check it in July.

QUOTE (RushNut @ Jun 29 2010, 01:56 PM)
Crap...missed the $30 rate. Looks like they do it a few days every month no matter what day you book for? Hard to tell. Will check it in July.

The July dates are posted on the Hyatt Regency Columbus Facebook page. August will be posted right at the end of July.

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Jul 3 2010, 02:54 PM)
TT, I was at Nationwide last year for the Police show and went to Bucca DiBeppo but was wondering if you have some suggestions for a hangout or tailgate area since you live and work there?

Frog, Bear and Wild Boar is one place to go (just outside of the Arena doors..right above Bucca)

Or two buildings north of the Arena is the 'R' Bar.

See you all there....

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Jul 5 2010, 10:05 PM)
QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Jul 3 2010, 02:54 PM)
TT, I was at Nationwide last year for the Police show and went to Bucca DiBeppo but was wondering if you have some suggestions for a hangout or tailgate area since you live and work there?

Frog, Bear and Wild Boar is one place to go (just outside of the Arena doors..right above Bucca)

Or two buildings north of the Arena is the 'R' Bar.

See you all there....

I remember that place now that you mentioned it. Sounds like a good place to me. I'm sure there will be tons of fans there as well.

BAM!!!

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 4 2010, 11:51 PM)
Just letting you guys know in case you didn't know already that they changed the seating arrangement. Since the tickets were selling well, they pushed the stage back a row or whatever. You know how it used to be in line with sections 103 and 115? Well its now in line with the sections behind those. So yeah.... I have Section 105, row A tickets....pretty good but I thought they'd be closer, you know. It's just kind of sucks because I couldn't do a lot of the pre-sales due to class this year. And on rushisaband.com I read these stories of people scoring row 6 tickets off MusicToday but I just couldn't stick around to keep searching because I had class. Really sucks. 2007, I had row 6 Geddy side seats. You know, it'll still be fun, though. There's always next time right? (praying there will be a next time)

That sucks - I paid well for 6 sequential seats in section 105 row B just for the location - that sucks.

Oh well...

Anyway - is there a pre-show meeting? I am flying into Cleveland the night before to party with some friends, then daughter and I are driving down, staying at the Westin, and looking for Japanese steakhouse for dinner...

Anyone know of a good place?

QUOTE (Synthetic @ Jul 15 2010, 08:19 AM)
BAM!!!

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 4 2010, 11:51 PM)

That sucks - I paid well for 6 sequential seats in section 105 row B just for the location - that sucks.

Oh well...

Anyway - is there a pre-show meeting? I am flying into Cleveland the night before to party with some friends, then daughter and I are driving down, staying at the Westin, and looking for Japanese steakhouse for dinner...

Anyone know of a good place?<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'></span></span>

Hello Synthetic and safe travels when you come to Ohio. How old's your daughter?? We are taking our daughter who's 11.

The Japanese Steakhouse is located at the corner of High and Spruce directly across from the middle of the Convention Center. Our office eats there a lot for special occaisions at lunchtime and it's delicious.

It will be appx. 3 blocks north and 2 blocks east of the arena. If you are walking from the Westin north on High St. it will take you appx. 15-20 minutes to walk depending on your pace/lights and you will see the arena over the hill as you cross Nationwide Blvd.

QUOTE (mrtemet @ Jul 21 2010, 12:59 PM)
Received an email this morning....tickets are being mailed out today!!!! http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/2.gif

Got an email too!

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Jul 21 2010, 07:21 PM)
I got my tickets in May like 2 weeks after I ordered them, why the wait for your guys' tix?

Depends on where you get them from. Music Today doesn't ship them until a couple weeks before the show, apparently to discourage scalping.

Woo hoo...tix showed up today!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/dancinghomer.gif

Archived