Time Machine Tour *TOUR SPOILERS*

woodring2112

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 09:24 AM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 11:14 AM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 11:12 AM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Apr 8 2010, 11:03 AM)
Here's a thought and just a thought. Didn't Rush used to sneak in songs they were working on for a new album while on the road? I can swear I remember them playing a song from the next album that they were working on in the studio to get a reaction. What if that's part of the Time Machine Mentality?

Or, NeilFinal.gif could break out the old Tama's and GeddyFinal.gif get all those synths and AlexFinal.gif double neck guitars.....Then there's the kimono's and ah, I'm thinking too much into this. I like the new way they play just the same as the old. I'm curious though about what the rest of the setlist is going to comrpise of.....

DT! I was also just thinking, what if it wasn't only the setlist that was sent through the TIME MACHINE.

How about crazy vintage nostalgia all about. How about introducing The Trees with BROON'S BANE?! I know they are going to play Jacob's Ladder, I can feel it in my bones, but what about that awesome sweet little acoustic guitar intro bit like Alex did on Exit Stage Left?

How about the big screen and special effects etc? Maybe bring back the COUNT FLOYD video from Grace Under Pressure Tour as intro to "The Weapon" or the Giant Presto Rabbit or the Nuts 'n Bolts concert intro from Counterparts.

Man there are piles and piles of stuff they can do with this theme!

How about NINETEEN SEVENTIES BEER PRICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they brought back the Count Floyd video and played the Weapon, I'd pass out right then and there.

Me too, that'd be phenominal...

You're a huge Rush tour veteran, when they played it back on that tour was it REALLY in 3D or just a joke for filming it? You know 3D is making such a huge comeback... just sayin! Maybe we'll see this beauty in our time machine adventure!

trink39.gif icon_alienjig.gif

One of my favs! I loved the Count Floyd intro but I would be stoked if they just played the song. It's been a LOOONG time since I've heard it live! The Weapon to me is kinda like TCE to everyone else. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 8 2010, 09:35 AM)
Cool they are playing the LA Forum!! I actually saw the Moving Pictures Tour at that venue. It really is a time machine tour common001.gif

I was at that show. 7th row center. Stood on my folding chair all night, talk about vibrations from the music. I'm surprised I was able to stay upright! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Rush702112 @ Apr 9 2010, 09:07 AM)
anyone know the ticket prices for the 9/3 show in NJ????

Nothing is up yet. I am still looking

Summerfest is at the Marcus Amp in Milwaukee on July 3rd. Both Rush.com and Live Nation have it wrong. I called the venue meself. Ticket prices are as follows.

79.99 Red

69.99 Yellow

49.99 Benches

Lawn 34.00

Includes admission to Summerfest.

Charter One in Chicago prices are stupid. They start at $126 plus taxes then go down to $46 for lawn or whatever it is they have.

Worth saving the extra cash and driving to Milwaukee.

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 9 2010, 09:28 AM)
QUOTE (Rush702112 @ Apr 9 2010, 09:07 AM)
anyone know the ticket prices for the 9/3 show in NJ????

Depends where your seats are, really. Going rate is probably $65 or so.

Floor seats last time were $125 . You must be talking lawn seats

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 9 2010, 09:59 AM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 09:24 AM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 11:14 AM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 11:12 AM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Apr 8 2010, 11:03 AM)
Here's a thought and just a thought. Didn't Rush used to sneak in songs they were working on for a new album while on the road? I can swear I remember them playing a song from the next album that they were working on in the studio to get a reaction. What if that's part of the Time Machine Mentality?

Or, NeilFinal.gif could break out the old Tama's and GeddyFinal.gif get all those synths and AlexFinal.gif double neck guitars.....Then there's the kimono's and ah, I'm thinking too much into this. I like the new way they play just the same as the old. I'm curious though about what the rest of the setlist is going to comrpise of.....

DT! I was also just thinking, what if it wasn't only the setlist that was sent through the TIME MACHINE.

How about crazy vintage nostalgia all about. How about introducing The Trees with BROON'S BANE?! I know they are going to play Jacob's Ladder, I can feel it in my bones, but what about that awesome sweet little acoustic guitar intro bit like Alex did on Exit Stage Left?

How about the big screen and special effects etc? Maybe bring back the COUNT FLOYD video from Grace Under Pressure Tour as intro to "The Weapon" or the Giant Presto Rabbit or the Nuts 'n Bolts concert intro from Counterparts.

Man there are piles and piles of stuff they can do with this theme!

How about NINETEEN SEVENTIES BEER PRICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they brought back the Count Floyd video and played the Weapon, I'd pass out right then and there.

Me too, that'd be phenominal...

You're a huge Rush tour veteran, when they played it back on that tour was it REALLY in 3D or just a joke for filming it? You know 3D is making such a huge comeback... just sayin! Maybe we'll see this beauty in our time machine adventure!

trink39.gif icon_alienjig.gif

One of my favs! I loved the Count Floyd intro but I would be stoked if they just played the song. It's been a LOOONG time since I've heard it live! The Weapon to me is kinda like TCE to everyone else. biggrin.gif

If they played The Weapon, they should play all of Fear in succession (wow, that would be awesome!!!)

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 9 2010, 09:04 AM)
QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Apr 9 2010, 09:48 AM)
I was hoping "time Machine" meant rolling back ticket prices to 1982.

laugh.gif ...if only eh!?

I should scan my ticket from the AFTK tour. It was $10.00.

QUOTE (pixey @ Apr 9 2010, 09:30 AM)
Summerfest is at the Marcus Amp in Milwaukee on July 3rd. Both Rush.com and Live Nation have it wrong. I called the venue meself. Ticket prices are as follows.

79.99 Red
69.99 Yellow
49.99 Benches
Lawn 34.00
Includes admission to Summerfest.

Charter One in Chicago prices are stupid. They start at $126 plus taxes then go down to $46 for lawn or whatever it is they have.

Worth saving the extra cash and driving to Milwaukee.

Not only is saving the money worth the drive to Milwaukee, You get to spend a day Summerfest, which is awsome in and of itself!

I actually still have my ticket stub from the Hemisphere's tour

and the price was a whoppin' $7.25....ha!

QUOTE (syd11 @ Apr 9 2010, 03:24 PM)

I actually still have my ticket stub from the Hemisphere's tour

and the price was a whoppin' $7.25....ha!

Which today would be about $22.50. Quite a Far Cry from today's ticket prices.

QUOTE (Vive le Rush @ Apr 8 2010, 07:35 AM)
Okay, I just checked..........OH MY HOLY GOD!!!!!!!!! RUSH is actually coming to OMAHA this summer!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!! Rush hasn't been to OMAHA (my hometown) since 1991!!!!!!!!! I've been praying for this for years!!!!!!!!! I think I'm actually going to cry...........I'm SO MOVED!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully, this year I can convince my husband to let me go to both ATLANTA (which I had already planned on) and OMAHA!!!!!!!

OH, HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 8 2010, 08:27 AM)
I think the question is, will they be playing MP all in order, or just splitting up the tracks throughout the show?!

I think it would be cool for them to do it all in one shot...like the album.

Either finish the first set with it...or open up the second half with it. Either way, that would be f'n sweet! yes.gif

My gut tells me that they're going to play it straight through. Maybe start the second set with it. YYZ for the Drum Solo fits well into the program that way--And F@#K that would be so retro-cool, especially if he played an updated version of the traditional YYZ solo--Anyway, I'm dreaming now.

To all of you that are actually bitching about this tour and its set....Ah, crap! I don't even know what to say. This is going to be a celebration of OUR band and our bands greatest achievement and if you want to stay in the background and play " I'M THE ULTIMATE RUSH NERD"than be my guest-- Too the rest of you, I'LL SEE YOU AT THE SHOW.

I am so psyched!

HW

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Apr 9 2010, 09:28 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 8 2010, 08:27 AM)
I think the question is, will they be playing MP all in order, or just splitting up the tracks throughout the show?!

I think it would be cool for them to do it all in one shot...like the album.

Either finish the first set with it...or open up the second half with it. Either way, that would be f'n sweet!  yes.gif

My gut tells me that they're going to play it straight through. Maybe start the second set with it. YYZ for the Drum Solo fits well into the program that way--And F@#K that would be so retro-cool, especially if he played an updated version of the traditional YYZ solo--Anyway, I'm dreaming now.

To all of you that are actually bitching about this tour and its set....Ah, crap! I don't even know what to say. This is going to be a celebration of OUR band and our bands greatest achievement and if you want to stay in the background and play " I'M THE ULTIMATE RUSH NERD"than be my guest-- Too the rest of you, I'LL SEE YOU AT THE SHOW.

I am so psyched!

HW

I posted this in another thread, but I'll reiterate here.

Others told me there was no way Rush would ever break up MP throughout the set, while I maintained it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did.

Why? They're Rush for crying out loud. When have they ever done what was wanted or expected by others? They ALWAYS do things their own way.

Also, they know the fans have been pleading for TCE for years, they finally found a way to play the song in a way that pleases them, so why let everyone know whats coming up next? I can easily see the first set ending with something from any album and the second set opening with TCE and the place just exploding with excitement.

Thats why it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Personally, I'd rather hear it broken up so you don't know whats coming next.

Why would they break it up throughout the set? Because they're Rush and they don't do what is expected, but rather what makes THEM happy.