B sides tour?

toonz

QUOTE (tel @ Mar 31 2010, 05:35 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Mar 30 2010, 10:34 PM)
If they brougt back Anthem, Something For Nothing, Xanadu (scrapped this from their set too quick), Hemispheres, Jacob's Ladder, Camera Eye, Enemy Within and Marathon, I wouldn't care if the rest of the show was all Presto & Hold Your Fire.

xanadu,dropped to quickly? this song has been done to death for decades!

xanadu has been played but for me it never gets old. great great song live and alex brings out his beautiful doubleneck for that one. cool.gif

Edited by ReflectedLight

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 31 2010, 06:30 AM)
If they brougt back Anthem, Something For Nothing, Xanadu (scrapped this from their set too quick), Hemispheres, Jacob's Ladder, Camera Eye, Enemy Within and Marathon, I wouldn't care if the rest of the show was all Presto & Hold Your Fire.

xanadu has been played but for me it never gets old. great great song live and alex brings out his beautiful doubleneck for that one. cool.gif

DITTO. We havent had a full Xanadu in years. As I've said before, Id much rather hear the old ByTor-Xanadu two-fer than some obscure "b-side" tune. I also hope we get a PW tour 2112 as well.

Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Mar 30 2010, 10:32 PM)
I have a feeling that this tour is gonna be a damn good one! yes.gif

Completely agree! I can't wait. And Rush will bring back some older tunes that have been neglected. I would say about 5 or 6 that haven't been played in the 2000's tours. Wouldn't be hard to do considering their catalog.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Mar 31 2010, 08:08 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 31 2010, 06:30 AM)

DITTO. We havent had a full Xanadu in years. As I've said before, Id much rather hear the old ByTor-Xanadu two-fer than some obscure "b-side" tune. I also hope we get a PW tour 2112 as well.

Love all your suggestions! And Xanadu really should be a staple like TS and TSOR. smilies-8579.png

I agree ..... no complete "B" sides. All of the music is "older" to them now. They have always been so forward looking and focused on new material, any previously released stuff will be considered older...thus the reference to "range".

They can leave out CTTH as far as I'm concerned. In my opinion, it is way overrated relative to other material.

I do think the set list will include the recently awarded songs TSOR, Subdivisions and Tom Sawyer. It might have anyway, but I bet those 3 make the cut regardless.

Not sure what exactly people mean by B-sides. It would probably be good to have a working definition of what that is first. It would be unreasonable to have them play a song that has never been played before now, even when it's album came out.

That said, I hope (not expect) that they introduce Freeze. Don't know if Cut To The Chase has been done yet, but I would love to hear that. Songs that need to come back IMO are Jacob's Ladder, Cold Fire, Marathon, Manhattan Project and The Necromancer.

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 30 2010, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Mar 30 2010, 11:19 PM)
Guys, Rush is already confirmed to play a lot of the same arenas they played in 2007 and 2008. I guarantee you they wouldn't get great ticket sales if they scrapped the classics and played nothing but B-Sides. Word would get out about no "Tom Sawyer, Spirit, Limelight, Subdivisions, etc" and they'd lose a big chunk of their casual fans

A total B-Sides set list aint happening

Agreed. Alex shot his mouth off once about how that would be a fun thing to do, and people took (and continue to take) it way too seriously.

AGREE. We'll get some good stuff that hasnt been played in a while though. Mixed in with a couple of new things and staples, and it could be great.

Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (Mike @ Mar 31 2010, 05:08 AM)
QUOTE (sdhonda @ Mar 31 2010, 02:38 AM)
This might very well be the only way tunes like Hemispheres, Jacobs Ladder, TCE, Cygnus and Necromancer may see the light of day.

And finally, no, they will not play anything of Lamneth. Just a hunch. Except not a hunch.

I have a shit-ton of bootlegs that cover the entire spectrum...none of which have the Necromancer. Are you saying they've pulled this out lately? And by lately I mean in the last 20 years?

No, they have not played it since the All the Worlds a Stage tour (1978ish).

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Mar 31 2010, 08:48 AM)
Not sure what exactly people mean by B-sides. It would probably be good to have a working definition of what that is first. It would be unreasonable to have them play a song that has never been played before now, even when it's album came out.

That said, I hope (not expect) that they introduce Freeze. Don't know if Cut To The Chase has been done yet, but I would love to hear that. Songs that need to come back IMO are Jacob's Ladder, Cold Fire, Marathon, Manhattan Project and The Necromancer.

just refering to the more obscure material of which there is an abundance i guess

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 30 2010, 10:44 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Mar 30 2010, 10:19 PM)
Guys, Rush is already confirmed to play a lot of the same arenas they played in 2007 and 2008. I guarantee you they wouldn't get great ticket sales if they scrapped the classics and played nothing but B-Sides. Word would get out about no "Tom Sawyer, Spirit, Limelight, Subdivisions, etc" and they'd lose a big chunk of their casual fans

A total B-Sides set list aint happening

of course they will play those 4 but building around that with some songs they haven't played in a while and mixed in with some b-sides isn't unrealistic is it?

Well, they'll play all of those for sure except maybe Subdivisions. They didn't do it on the Vapor Trails tour so you never know if they'll do it on the upcoming tour. You never know with Rush. I never thought they'd drop Closer To The Heart, Time Stand Still, Force 10, or Red Sector A. So ya, you never know.

QUOTE (sdhonda @ Mar 31 2010, 02:38 AM)
As for the other oldies to bring back: I severly doubt they will bring back Camera eye except for two scenarios: A complete performance of Moving Pictures, or as part of a medley.

How'd you know? tongue.gif