Hawaii Five - 0

circumstantial tree

Any fans of this show? I've got seasons 1, 5, and 6 on DVD. I'm what you might call a new fan. I really like the plots in this show. Very good writing and beats the hell out of current cop dramas.
  • Like 1

I don't think I've ever seen a full episode.

But the theme song was great!

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Mar 18 2010, 08:50 PM)
Any fans of this show? I've got seasons 1, 5, and 6 on DVD. I'm what you might call a new fan. I really like the plots in this show. Very good writing and beats the hell out of current cop dramas.

I've been revisiting many of the 70's cop shows, detectives shows. Even the comedy ones.

Biggest fan of The Rockford Files. I've recently acquired Barney Miller, Barnaby Jones, Quincy (yeah, I know he was a coroner, but he sure acted more like a detective than a coroner though)

I liked Hawaii 5-0 too. It was a well done for sure.

QUOTE (Tom Sawyer @ Mar 19 2010, 10:06 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Mar 18 2010, 08:50 PM)

I've been revisiting many of the 70's cop shows, detectives shows. Even the comedy ones.

Biggest fan of The Rockford Files. I've recently acquired Barney Miller, Barnaby Jones, Quincy (yeah, I know he was a coroner, but he sure acted more like a detective than a coroner though)

I liked Hawaii 5-0 too. It was a well done for sure.

I've been watching some of Kojak. I like his attitude. laugh.gif

I like Steve McGarrett and "Danno". On season 6 there is a storyline involving a serial rapist/killer who poses as a police officer to gain the trust of women he intends on raping.

That episode is kinda tough for me to watch. I've seen similar plots on other tv dramas but somehow this episode portrays it in such a way that really disturbs me. This was back in 1974 when it first aired and so I have to wonder how it was received by audiences in those days. You can just see the terror in these women's eyes as they are about to be victimized.

I just found this tidbit of info on a remake and who's playing which role.

"As of March 2010, the pilot for the new show has been cast and filming is taking place in Honolulu. Australian actor Alex O'Loughlin (above), who had a role on the US cop drama The Shield a couple of years ago and also played a private investigator who turned into a vampire in the show Moonlight, was selected to fill the shoes of Hawaii Five-O boss Steve McGarrett. Daniel Dae Kim from Lost is playing Chin Ho and Scott Caan (son of James) is Danno. Jean Smart from Designing Women and "24" is playing the Governor"

I used to watch it as a kid of about 5, along with Ironside, The Streets of San Francisco, Cannon and Barnaby Jones. When I was a little kid I was a real cop show fan, and I thought the police were made up of men in wheelchairs, fat guys, old guys and guys with quiffs and potato noses...

biggrin.gif

My aunt's favorite show and i had to watch too. Loved the theme song to the show but I never liked how Jack Lord and his team ALWAYS got the bad guy.

Mannix was another favorite of hers, he was just a super cool guy. tongue.gif

Peace