Rush #33 Top 40 rejects of RRHOF

ReflectedLight

i rarely read the ny trash but i was having a cup of coffee at work and was flicking through the paper.

top 40 rejects of the rock and roll hall of garbage had rush at # 33.

the article was written by a clueless jim farber.

#33 rush

"they may never live down that first awful decade before they got their act together (circa"tom sawyer"). even so, they're too proggy for hof tastes."

first awful decade???the 70's? unsure.gif

some of the other hof rejects mentioned were the flying burrito brothers, hard rocking linda ronstadt, chic, and the b-52's.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 15 2010, 12:28 PM)
#33 rush
"they may never live down that first awful decade before they got their act together (circa"tom sawyer"). even so, they're too proggy for hof tastes."

HA! Too proggy for the HOF!!

Gotta laugh at that one.

Ever had a listen to Genesis records from the band's beginning through around 1980?

Give me a break.

FVCK the RRHOF once and for all.

Look. Even Alex Lifeson himself has said that the band dosen't (my embellishment here) give a rats ass about the RRHOF.

Either should you or anyone else here.

Dr. John ahead of 2.gif ??????

Holy shit this guy is a total http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/idiot.gif

wow...apparently 2112 was awful...

The 2112 that went platinum 3 F'N TIMES....right...

fing.gif

I've never held the RRHOF as any kind of musical standard I adhere to.

Never.

I don't even know who has made it on the list. I'm sure the Beatles and the Stones are.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Mar 15 2010, 02:49 PM)
The NY Times is a rag of a paper. Who cares what they think.

it was actually the daily news but they are all rags. i wouldn't waste 50cents buying any of the papers. the only newspaper i like on occasion is salt water fishing. i need to know where they are bitin'. wink.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 15 2010, 03:10 PM)

it was actually the daily news but they are all rags. i wouldn't waste 50cents buying any of the papers. the only newspaper i like on occasion is salt water fishing. i need to know where they are bitin'. wink.gif

Oops, my bad. But they both suck, just like the Boston Globe.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Mar 15 2010, 03:50 PM)

agreed minus the sports section

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Mar 15 2010, 03:53 PM)

yes.gif Even that is getting bad. I miss the old guys like Will McDonough and Leigh Montville. Hated them dumping Jackie Mac. Shaughnessey is horrible.

QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Mar 15 2010, 03:18 PM)
I've never held the RRHOF as any kind of musical standard I adhere to.

Never.

I don't even know who has made it on the list.  I'm sure the Beatles and the Stones are.

Yup. The RRHOF is irrelevant in my world.

Here's an example of how out of touch those guys are. The inductions are tonight, and Genesis is one of the very deserving bands getting in. Now, Peter Gabriel can't make it because he is promoting a new album. Phil Collins has had health problems (arthritis, I think) that precludes his being able to play. There are, IMO, few bands around who could really pay Genesis proper honors by performing some of their songs at such an occasion. Really, I think they ought to just leave it.

So who gets tapped to play Genesis? Phish. Yeah. 'Nuff said.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Mar 15 2010, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Mar 15 2010, 03:53 PM)

yes.gif Even that is getting bad. I miss the old guys like Will McDonough and Leigh Montville. Hated them dumping Jackie Mac. Shaughnessey is horrible.

Can't believe they dropped Jackie Mac. Awful move, she's one of those women in sports who actually knows what she's talking about.

ahem....espn...ahem smile.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 15 2010, 01:28 PM)

That they were proggy is irrelevant. It is simply called the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame", not, "The Rock and Roll Styles-That-We-Like Hall of Fame."

Bands and performers are inducted based on their talents and the impact they had on rock and roll history. Rush has had a major impact on the rock music world and what's more, the pencil necks at the RRHOF know this. But for whatever reason, they choose to ignore it.

This guy's a f*cking moron.

Archived