What is your favorite Muse studio Album  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Muse studio Album

• Showbiz
    • Origin of Symmetry
    • Absolution
    • Black Holes and Revelations
    • The Resistance

Muse puts on a fantastic show. There were "tips of the hat" to Zeppelin (Heartbreaker), The Animals (House of the Rising Sun), Simon and Garfunkel (The 59th St. Bridge Song). The sound was typical for an arena. We were straight back from the stage on the lower balcony at stage height and had an excellent view of the breadth of the show. The stage was large and open with a drum riser and a riser on each side of the stage. The stage is astounding as it is one giant video screen made up of many components. My favorite visual of the evening was Matt Bellamy's grand piano with a clear top displaying LED lights for the notes he was playing. Watching the progression of the chord forms through the songs was mesmerizing. :o

All in all, it was a wonderful show and one that is definitely worth seeing. :ebert:

I am still on a high from seeing Muse earlier this week. Glad to hear some appreciation from a fellow MUSE fan . Last time I felt like this was the first time I saw Rush. The MUSE show I saw started with The 2nd Law - Isolated System - such a hypnotic piece of music. The pyramid coming down was epic. I love Matt Bellamy's grand piano. (actually think he's a better piano player than a guitar player). Wish I could afford to travel somewhere and see them again. thanks for your review.

awesome show and like other have said here, just amazing lights/lasers/pyramid etc etc.

we were about 10 rows back on ,atts side. a dude a few rows back from me

took some killer videos like

hysteria

madness

setlist follows below

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

Supremacy

Panic Station

Supermassive Black Hole

Plug In Baby (Guns N' Roses' Sweet Child O' Mine outro)

Resistance

Hysteria (Star Spangled Banner intro)

Knights of Cydonia (Ennio Morricone's Man with a Harmonica intro)

Monty Jam

United States of Eurasia

Follow Me

Liquid State

Madness

Time Is Running Out

Undisclosed Desires

Stockholm Syndrome

Agitated (Rage Against the Machine's Freedom outro)

The 2nd Law: Isolated System

Uprising (Extended outro)

Encore

Starlight

Survival

agitated is a demo song and surprisingly enough i turned to my son and said that sounds like the end of a RATM song!

one of the best shows i have ever seen and i have seen my share of killer shows.

• Like 1

WHAT A SHOW!!!!!!!!! Oh my God, it was amazing. Best stage set-up I've ever seen. Insane. Crowd was also insane. Insane.

I'll be seeing MUSE in the spring, it will be my first time, and I can hardly wait. Hey Hatchetaxe&saw, if you have time please give more info. Was it just Muse performing, or were there other musicians involved? How much 2nd Law did they do? What about the rest of their repetoire? Thanks for any comments.

SPOILER!!! SETLIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

• Supremacy

• Interlude

• Hysteria
    (Pyramid Reveal)

• Supermassive Black Hole

• Panic Station

• Resistance

• Animals

• Monty Jam
    (Drum and Bass Jam)

• Explorers

• Sunburn

• Host
    (First Half)

• Time Is Running Out

• Liquid State

• Madness

• Follow Me

• Undisclosed Desires

• Plug In Baby

• Stockholm Syndrome
    (Freedom Riff outro)

• Encore:

• The 2nd Law: Isolated System

• Uprising

• Knights of Cydonia
    (Man with a Harmonica intro)

• Encore 2:

• Starlight

• Survival

Awesome setlist, Panic Station is NUTS live! Support act was Everything Everything, they were ok. On stage for Muse were the 3 guys, embellished by Morgan Nicholls on keyboards and some percussion. They played for 2 hours.

I really lliked panic station live too. a few songs on the 2nd law finally clicked for me live. when the bass kicks in on follow me was killer live. i got the same closing song as you and was really impressed by how powerful/intense survival was live.

the opener for my leg of the tour was cage the elephant.

• Like 1

I like Muse, but I saw them live this year and found them to be too overblown for my tastes. But I can't deny the fact they put on an amazing show!

Great band, but not one of my favourites! I find Showbiz to be one very underrated album, though my favourite is possibly Absolution. My least favourite is the rather brilliant, though pompous, The Resistance. So yeah, I very much like all their albums!

I just finished watching Muse's new DVD, Live at Rome Olympic Stadium. I really enjoyed it. The video quality was nice and clear. Being a Muse fan, I saw them earlier this year. Many of the songs on the DVD were what I saw at my concert. To me, Matt Belamy is an amazing performer - charismatic, high energy, rarely stands still (perhaps why he stays slim). The Italian fans were also energetic when the songs warranted it and at times reminded me of the fans in Rush in Rio. The stage included a lengthy runway out into the audience which Matt and Chris travelled on occasion.

Some of the things I didn't care for: as usual for a concert DVD, the constant jumping from scene to scene (why do all concert DVDs think they have to do this?). A couple of the songs were in black and white - I'm not the artistic type, just show me the guys performing in colour, thank you! And there was a strange guest during one song (the lady at the gas pump, weird and I must say I didn't get that part. dying at the end?)

This DVD would make a great stocking stuffer for any Muse fans.

I saw them on Rock in Rio in September this yar - on the TV, not at the venue - and while I thought they were great, I´m really glad they decided to go back to basics on their next album, and record only their three instruments and vocals. I think the electronic elements have become a bit too much on their latest efforts.

Saw them live last year. Absolutely mesmerising! One of the best bands of this era!

I loved thw 2nd law. I look forward to hearing their next album!

• Like 1

Sadly I didn't enjoy the concert because I was going through the motions with life (I was bullied out of a job) hence my negative above post. But the videos I took convince me I was at an amazing concert I would have otherwise adored!

thanks to Palladia, I am really starting to get an interest in Muse. I own some of their music (old girlfriend) , gonna start listening more intently.
  • Like 1

I saw them in September and it was just a great show from beginning to end. They blew the roof off the place and the crowd gave them love all night. At the end of the show Dominic the drummer came out to the microphone and said, "Thanks Nashville, you f***ing rock!"
  • Like 1

:bump:

I bought Drones the week it came out in June. I'd seen the video for Dead Inside, Psycho, Mercy and Reapers. It was in the truck CD player for a couple of months and got played occasionally. Not bad.

Last week, I put it in again and it kicked my ass! Holy cow! Reapers was the song that caught me. Matt is an absolute monster. EVH, John Frusciante, Tom Morello ... you can hear them all in there Holy crap! :o

I think end to end this may be the strongest album that Muse has done since The Resistance (my favourite). I didn't get it at first but the more I listen ... wow! I can't wait for the U.S. tour in 2016!

http://youtu.be/gcNEC9NaJuE

http://youtu.be/n6f4-EgKiDA

• Like 2

Drones has really grown on me...Reapers and The Handler are a wallop of pure Muse hard rock I haven't heard since Knights of Cydonia. The damn soundbites of the drill sergeant and JFK ruin the continuity of the music, but the music itself is, for the most part, okay. An average album, not as good as anything between OoS and Black Holes, not as bad as 2nd Law.

1. Black Holes and Revelations

2. Absolution

3. Origin Of Symmetry

4. Drones

5. The Resistance

6. Showbiz

7. The 2nd Law

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

I haven't given up on Muse at all. I dislike the new album a lot, but it happens! They are still the same band they always were, only they took an experimental turn that doesn't fit comfortably with me. But it doesn't surprise me some of you guys dig it. I love The 2nd Law, and especially the dub-step moments, and I often feel like I am in a microscopic minority.
  • Like 1

I haven't given up on Muse at all. I dislike the new album a lot, but it happens! They are still the same band they always were, only they took an experimental turn that doesn't fit comfortably with me. But it doesn't surprise me some of you guys dig it. I love The 2nd Law, and especially the dub-step moments, and I often feel like I am in a microscopic minority.

I also love The 2nd Law (it may have Muse's best production ever), but its experimentalism just doesn't compare to the strength of the material and soundscapes on most of the rest of their discography. Can't belive I've never found thus thread before, but I'm even more shocked at the poll results. Over on the Muse forums, people's liking of the post-OoS/Abso albums generally shows a downward trend (many picking back up at Drones), but not here! The Resistance is actually my favorite, but I tend to have a hard time finding many others who feel that way about it.