What is your favorite Muse studio Album  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Muse studio Album

• Showbiz
    • Origin of Symmetry
    • Absolution
    • Black Holes and Revelations
    • The Resistance

Having been a loyal Muse fan since the 2004 Curiosa Festival "2nd Law" is the biggest disappointment so far - There are two perhaps only three tracks that i care for - Animals is by far the best of the album, Madness has a blah beginning but a brilliant buildup and ending, perhaps liquid state, but other than that the album seems "uninspiring" - sad.gif Edited by alphseeker

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Oct 3 2012, 12:26 AM)
"2nd Law" is the biggest disappointment so far

This is my initial impression also... I'm hoping it grows on me as I listen to it a few more times, but so far, I'm not feeling the love.

They just started a European tour... wonder what the set list is ...

I thought they were great on SNL this past week. I really like the new song Madness - it was so good live!

I'm enjoying The Resistance. They sound like Queen sometimes (United States of Eurasia / Collateral Damage, a very cool tune). Great band.

<edit: added the Queen sentence>

Edited by CygnusGal

I really enjoy the fusion of music styles on The Resistance - rock, pop, classical, electronic and others. I think it is quite a beautiful album.

I just bought Black Holes and Revelations and The 2nd Law. Strings on The 2nd Law conducted by David Campbell.

Muse is definitely growing on me.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Oct 9 2012, 04:23 PM)
I really enjoy the fusion of music styles on The Resistance - rock, pop, classical, electronic and others. I think it is quite a beautiful album.

I just bought Black Holes and Revelations and The 2nd Law. Strings on The 2nd Law conducted by David Campbell.

Muse is definitely growing on me.

trink39.gif

It's growing on me too. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Oct 9 2012, 09:47 PM)
i listened to the 2nd law today for the first time and thought it was good.

they have announced a bunch of north america shows.

http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx...8&SearchBy=muse

Hmmm....4/12/13 in Boston. I think I may go. unsure.gif

Thanks for the link. trink39.gif

<edit: fix my typos>

Edited by CygnusGal

In just a few days I am officially a fan. I love it when I can find a group that seems interesting and they turn out to be this good. There are a LOT of singles and instrumental versions of more than one album. It a gold mine with plenty of digging left to do. I haven't decided which album is best yet because I have to listen to a few more. iTunes gets more and more of my money all the time. Edited by drbirdsong

If you're even remotely considering seeing this band live...GO! GO! GO! GO! They are known as one of the top live - if not THE top live - band. Their show is an assault on the senses (in a good way) - their sound is just as good live as it is on the CDs and they always drop little 'jam' nuggets throughout their shows. Just an awesome live show. GO!! I saw them twice on the last tour and already have tickets to Tulsa for this tour - thinking about St. Louis and others as well. GO!! GO!!!

Thanks for the recommendation, bigalfan. A very timely e-mail I note as I begin my search for tickets:

TD Garden (Boston)

Onsale to General Public - Start: Fri, 10/12/12 10:00 AM EDT

Venue Presale - Start: Thu, 10/11/12 10:00 AM EDT End: Thu, 10/11/12 10:00 PM EDT

I see that I can get an earlier presale thru the Muse website but then I'd have to register - and it's not like they're Rush wink.gif

Paperless tickets? ohmy.gif I like the ticket stock paper variety. unsure.gif

I'm so modern yet so old-fashioned. smile.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Oct 10 2012, 07:45 PM)
Thanks for the recommendation, bigalfan.

trink39.gif Trust me, you'll be blown away! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Resistance Tour

You can watch it all if you'd like, obviously, but starting about 1:03:00 in the middle of Plug in Baby and watching the rest of the show will give you a good feel for how epic they are in concert. Enjoy!

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Oct 11 2012, 05:14 PM)
Resistance Tour

You can watch it all if you'd like, obviously, but starting about 1:03:00 in the middle of Plug in Baby and watching the rest of the show will give you a good feel for how epic they are in concert. Enjoy!

Thanks, bigalfan. I'll check it out. I'm going to buy tickets tomorrow either way.

I'm excited, just like drbirdsong. smile.gif It looks like we have a new band to enjoy. I like having new music. My first new band of the 2010s.

Excellent! trink39.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Oct 11 2012, 02:54 PM)
March 8, 2013 - St. Louis

I saw Rush there last month so why not go again. I hate the drive, but Im hooked on the band now. 1022.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Oct 11 2012, 04:14 PM)
Resistance Tour

I skipped ahead and landed on the bass and drum jam. 1022.gif

Thanks for sharing. I'm getting pumped for the show, but now I have to wait until March. It will give me time to get more into the albums.

Muse tickets acquired. Friday 4/12/13. biggrin.gif

I played The 2nd Law when getting together with some friends last night, and we *loved* the album music.gif . A dear friend of mine, a talented musician and teacher, loved the textures and diversity of the sounds. A remarkable band! And now, another friend (another dear one) who didn't know the band will also be going to the show with us.

smile.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Oct 12 2012, 04:42 PM)
Muse tickets acquired. Friday 4/12/13. biggrin.gif

I played The 2nd Law when getting together with some friends last night, and we *loved* the album music.gif . A dear friend of mine, a talented musician and teacher, loved the textures and diversity of the sounds. A remarkable band! And now, another friend (another dear one) who didn't know the band will also be going to the show with us.
smile.gif

yes.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Oct 12 2012, 10:40 AM)
QUOTE (bigalfan @ Oct 11 2012, 04:14 PM)
Resistance Tour

I skipped ahead and landed on the bass and drum jam. 1022.gif

Thanks for sharing. I'm getting pumped for the show, but now I have to wait until March. It will give me time to get more into the albums.

I LOVE the impromptu (seems that way anyway), raw, KILLER jam they break into at the end of Stockholm Syndrome. They did this when I saw them last - just caught up in a blasting sheer grunge jam and killin' it like no one's around - just taking everything out in their music and leaving everything on stage. Awesome!! Starts about 1:16:30 - Sweet JESUS YES!!!!! smile.gif Oh, and YES - the drum/bass jam is awesome as well!

Edited by bigalfan

I like the new album very much and more with each listen. Fantastic.